Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? (Page 16)

Forever-KA IF-Rockerz
Forever-KA
Forever-KA

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by K-A-L

If two girls/women or two boys/men are attracted to each other then how can anyone stop that? lol. The most government can do is not recognize their relationship. Also there is issue of "rights" and "freedom" and all that.

Personally I don't like such things. It is against the nature. If everyone became that then we will no longer have anyone left to get attracted to each other lol.

Anyway who cares what we think. people will do what they want to do.

Yes I believe in traditions too.
We should always draw a line as to how far we can cross.
 Everyone has his or her own God given charm but that does not mean we go haywire.LOL

Are you sure you wanted to reply to me? lol.

This is a easy situation summer as there is no question of even drawing a line. Even the thought does not come to mind.

However in general when it comes to such moral issues people like me are a misfit, teen mein na tera mein. On one hand there is years of how you were brought up and if you go by that then you find most things wrong. Drinking, love, girl friends, marriage before marriage etc are just not seen in good light. Then you come to live in west and here values are different. If you share your views or dont drink or dont have girl friend then you are backward or misfit or odd.

Anyway we manage by respecting other's views but keeping our values. lol.

Edited by K-A-L - 09 May 2011 at 8:14am

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Yes Kingji we try to accommodate and understand. Times do change and so do rules and customs as we exchange ideas from each other.
Sometimes there is no right or wrong but just differences customs and traditions which often get diluted after a while.
We may go round the whole world and try everything possible, that is outwardly. I believe that inwardly we should try and discover ourselves. If not, we will always be restless.
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:04am | IP Logged
No it should not be stopped. Aren't they human beings too? Just like we have our tastes and preferences they too have their own desires. Who are we to stop them? Often we call them 'abnormal' but what is meaning of the word normal that we use so indifferently and invariably? Speaking in terms of Mathematics, in a sphere, no point is normal. You can only draw imaginary 'normals'. Similarly, in this earth no one is normal. Some has abnormal eyes, some has abnormal nose, ears, teeth, skin, hair, while others are mentally different from others. We call others abnormal only because we believe ourselves to be normal.

Gays, lesbians, transsexuals, bisexuals etc are as much human and as much normal as we are and they should not be viewed as a strange species by the so-called 'normal' people. They are the way they are and they are not harming anyone in any way. What is their fault in it? Why are they viewed as terrorists, prosecuted and harassed by some narrow minded fanatics with some outdated laws which are themselves anti-constitutional?

Imagine if you, being a 'straight' boy like a girl and you are forced to like another boy, how would you feel? Similarly if you force a gay to like a girl or a lesbian to like a boy, they will find it weird because that's against their nature. How can we judge them with our nature? And nature of human beings or for that matter all beings is decided by God not by us. God has created us in a particular way and God has created them as well in a different way and He has decided them to posses such nature. Who are we to intervene in nature's functioning?

Homosexuality is not a contagious disease that we should be scared of. You will not turn into a homosexual if you live in the vicinity of another homosexual.

A true Democracy is one which respects all its citizens equally without practicing narrow minded discrimination on the basis of sex, belief or practice. I believe not only such discrimination should be stopped, but Section 377 should be abolished as a whole and Same-sex marriage should be legalized.

Edited by Darklord_Rehan - 11 May 2011 at 3:11am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BazingaaPrinsesse.SuviFaraan92

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Darklord you do have a point on freedom of choice; but I believe we should not encourage such relationships.
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Why not? Kindly give one valid reason.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Darklord_Rehan

Well mind can be moulded and taught what is right and proper.
I am sure most parents want their children to comply with accepted social customs and practices.
When a child is young they should be properly guided.

Once a person is no longer a child and can think for themselves then it us up to them to go for what they feel is right for them.
Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:26am | IP Logged

I am sure most parents want their children to comply with accepted social customs and practices.

Once a person is no longer a child and can think for themselves then it us up to them to go for what they feel is right for them.

There lies the problem. Right and wrong can not be taught. They can only be self-realized. There are many wrong practices that we openly accept viz. women wearing Burkha, women being married to dogs and banyan trees for some goddamn Maanglik Dosh, 'Miracle Babas' and Astrologers becoming millionaires by showing magic tricks etc etc. These are the real social evils that we easily ignore as traditions and customs.
If discrimination on the basis of sexuality is custom, then its better if such customs are broken by the awakened youth. Blindly complying with such 'socially accepted customs' shall lead us to moral illiteracy.
Homosexuality is not like addiction to alcohol or drug nor is it a disease. You cannot prevent it by prosecuting a person. Its an inborn trait which is developed in the same manner as we develop our sexual behaviour during adolescence. Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pirated_FunPrinsesse.SuviBeyond_the_VeilFaraan92

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 4:27pm | IP Logged

There lies the problem. Right and wrong can not be taught. They can only be self-realized. There are many wrong practices that we openly accept viz. women wearing Burkha, women being married to dogs and banyan trees for some goddamn Maanglik Dosh, 'Miracle Babas' and Astrologers becoming millionaires by showing magic tricks etc etc. These are the real social evils that we easily ignore as traditions and customs.
If discrimination on the basis of sexuality is custom, then its better if such customs are broken by the awakened youth. Blindly complying with such 'socially accepted customs' shall lead us to moral illiteracy.
Homosexuality is not like addiction to alcohol or drug nor is it a disease. You cannot prevent it by prosecuting a person. Its an inborn trait which is developed in the same manner as we develop our sexual behaviour during adolescence. Smile

Homosexuality, in Malaysia it is a jail sentence for Muslims. They cane them for alcohol consumption.
Personally I discourage all such unnatural relationships. Unfortunately it is getting more common.
Basic right N wrong is all common sense, if unsure there is always someone to consult like parents and teachers for kids. As long as we have good intentions things will never go far wrong.
But yes sometimes adults can be pretty biased.
I saw a CNN vid where a religious teacher was preaching all the kids to hate Americans as evil.
Does make me ponder?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixX

Go to top