Same sex attraction. Should it be stopped? - Page 33

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by Believe

this is Debate mansion anyone can say anything against your/anyone's views, ...If someone post against your thoughts, it doesnt mean they all are dump, or fools or narrow mind etc .

πŸ‘πŸΌ
Calling the members who do not agree with you...dumb and foolish is just not acceptable here in DM...we play by the rules mate...I hope this is not going to become a norm here...
Edited by blue-ice - 12 years ago
Originally posted by blue-ice

Calling the members who do not agree with you...dumb and foolish is just not acceptable here in DM...we play by the rules mate...I hope this is not going to become a norm here...

Is this a debate of who is dumb vs dumber.  πŸ˜†
'Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself'

ps.. what have I done, the only debate I was avoiding and now I am marked...πŸ˜†
Edited by night13 - 12 years ago

Rules? What rules? Name calling is natural therefore permissible. Repressing the urge to name calling would be denial of self expression Why not check what the AMA has to say to that.  
Originally posted by night13

Is this a debate of who is dumb vs dumber.  πŸ˜†
'Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself'

ps.. what have I done, the only debate I was avoiding and now I am marked...πŸ˜†
Sitting on the fence this long must be awfully painful and numbing so slipping off it into this deabate is quite natural mateπŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by zorrro

Rules? What rules? Name calling is natural therefore permissible. Repressing the urge to name calling would be denial of self expression Why not check what the AMA has to say to that.  

OKπŸ€”..

Are you dumb? - A question of one's intellectual capacity.

You are dumb! - A statement of one's intellectual capacity.

Don't be dumb - A request to heighten one's intellectual capacity.

Why are you dumb? - A rhetoric on the creators intellectual capacity.

Its not a question of agreeing or disagreeing, its about the very basics of presenting an argument. King Anu disagrees with homosexuality, but he is respectful about it, he is not trying to construct a fake scientific argument. He presents his personal perceptions and thats acceptable. You have your objections, reservations as a mother and a member of society. Thats fine and acceptable.

Where were you and your ethical highness when people call homosexuals perverts & sexual deviants & medically abnormal people? Would it be acceptable for me to call anyone here perverted, deviant or abnormal? Would I not be expected to prove it rationally and scientifically that you do suffer a perversion, deviant or abnormal? Without that I am nothing but a liar and slanderer?

Why is it that such name calling explicit or implicit is perfectly acceptable? A practice known in most societies as bullying and hate speech perfectly acceptable to you all?

But then all of a sudden when someone points out that repeatedly presenting the research of a total bull organization as scientific backing is dumb - then its all of a sudden against the rules?

You don't like homosexuality? Fine!
You are uncomfortable with it? Fine!
You wish to have a society free of it? Fine!

There is a lot of personal reservations and apprehensions against homosexuality that is perfectly fine and acceptable as it is done within reasonable means, and you acknowledge your personal perception. However, presenting these perceptions as facts, especially as facts that demean the dignity of another human being is totally unacceptable. If people actually had an iota of conscience and an actual desire to play by the rules, and do the right thing - they would call out someone when they did the wrong thing irrespective of what side they are on. But clearly despicable attitude towards homosexuals is perfectly acceptable, but despicable attitudes towards homophobia is wrong!

Yes, while its not outright calling someone dumb, questioning if someone is dumb is wrong as well. There are many ways to present a counter argument, disproving the facts and not attacking the person. That needs to be addressed. However, if there is addressing - I would expect both sides to be addressed and not just one.

I've got a lot more on my mind against a member which I do very hard not to say as it would all be blatant COC violations, despite it being factual. But, I don't believe I am breaking any rules in this post, I'm taking a stand and I am 100% willing to take the flak for it if it is unpalatable to people. I know I'm taking a risk with this bluntness, and I'm ready to receive any corrective action if people actually feel this crosses lines.

Originally posted by zorrro

Sitting on the fence this long must be awfully painful and numbing so slipping off it into this deabate is quite natural mateπŸ˜ƒ

Where is the 'Unlike' button... why can't I find it! 😑

Is this a debate on natural vs unnatural... sex to me is natural 'thing', so who is attracted to who again? Oh! Maybe I should jump back on the fence, or get off the fence and climb over it for an opposing view, or just smash it down or just ignore the damn fence! πŸ˜†
Edited by night13 - 12 years ago

DLR asked "Are you dumb?" not "You are dumb". They are not one and the same thing. You could argue that it was a rhetoric question on his part, but the fact remains that she did not explicitly imply that Believe was "dumb" or anything of that sort.

And as far as I am concerned, there is - or must be if there isn't one already! - rules against trolling. It is one thing to take a side and argue in its favor, and it is another thing to deliberately post inflammatory and incoherent 'arguments' to flood a board.

@ NARTH: It consists mostly of conservative Christians (by the way, I do not, by any chance, hold the view that all Christians are like that as I know it for a fact that all aren't - just clarifying myself) whose only aim in life is to convert every single individuals to heterosexuality. It has no credibility at all. Most of their "researches" (if it is even worth calling it that) had been debunked by more established scientific sources like APA .

Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 12 years ago
Originally posted by night13

Where is the 'Unlike' button... why can't find it! 😑

Is this a debate on natural vs unnatural... sex to me is natural 'thing', so who is attracted to who again? Oh! Maybe I should jump back on the fence, or get off the fence and climb over it for an opposing view, or just smash it down or just ignore the damn fence! πŸ˜†
Why the Unlike button?πŸ˜”   You should be looking for the button that could switch attraction on or off . That was what the debate was about - If only you could find that button we  would not have to jump o either side of the damn fence πŸ˜†