Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Polki_Zofi

Yes, many in Europe find Hinduism quite amusing too, infact too amusing. Not to mention it being hilarious to great extents. There is certainly a reason why many Hindus dont like to call themselves as such, or just follow other religions too.

I am not a dude, but a female. Anyways, I did not write my comment so that my religion gets demeaned. This thread was about a different topic, and I just said what I believe. If you think you cannot tolerate such stuff, it is your problem because at the end prevails the Lord's Word. I have and many like me have firm believe in it. You don't need to be one of us.

I always see all religion as mine.
We need many religions/school of philosophy and I think there should be at least 10 of them with Atheism being one too.πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

After reading through all the pages yes, it can and should be discouraged.

This can be done through a rendition of Diana Ross's "Stop in the Name of Love" but with lyrics modified to "Stop in the name of God". Adam Lambert can sing and we can have Jane Lynch in the music video. And we will put a rainbow of happiness in the background depicting the promised land of God if only they can stop.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I totally endorse your pov πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: Summer3

Basically all major religions do not allow it.

I wonder if such attraction is due to some chemical imbalance.

I had a close male friend who got too attached to me once and seemed to act a bit weird. I knew it was not good so I cut down seeing him. He went through a period of torture but it was good for him. now he is happily married.

Oh dear Summerji - you do attract everyone you meet cause confused people like your inner light including me.....πŸ˜† nothing to do with sexual or emotional attraction - you bring peace - people like that.
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Basically all major religions do not allow it.

I wonder if such attraction is due to some chemical imbalance.

I had a close male friend who got too attached to me once and seemed to act a bit weird. I knew it was not good so I cut down seeing him. He went through a period of torture but it was good for him. now he is happily married.

LOLx4 so did he marry a bloke or a female? πŸ˜›
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: debayon

Sorry dude, no offense, but I find the principles of Catholicism quite amusing, and at times hilarious.

There's a reason Mather Luther started the Protestant Reformation.

That was not a very nice thing to say.
You seemed agitated when someone was mocking Pakistan but here you're doing the same thing that they did.

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Polki_Zofi

Yes, many in Europe find Hinduism quite amusing too, infact too amusing. Not to mention it being hilarious to great extents. There is certainly a reason why many Hindus dont like to call themselves as such, or just follow other religions too.

I am not a dude, but a female. Anyways, I did not write my comment so that my religion gets demeaned. This thread was about a different topic, and I just said what I believe. If you th
ink you cannot tolerate such stuff, it is your problem because at the end prevails the Lord's Word. I have and many like me have firm believe in it. You don't need to be one of us.

High 5 finally we are on the same note. I am an atheist, so if that was an attempt to enrage me, it didn't work.

Yes, I find all religions quite amusing due to their basic principles of the existence of a spiritual entity or the presence of a spiritual path to glory(in case of some Eastern religions, like Confucianism, Taoism, Mahayana/Threvada Buddhism etc)

But there are some tenets that are quite plausible and coherent, not only in Eastern religions, but in all the religions.

Since you mentioned Hinduism, I like the idea that every person has to fulfill their duties in their different stages in life...that way Hinduism is much more reasonable than the proselytizing Middle Eastern Abrahamic faiths. Hindus don't like to call themselves or label themselves as 'Hindus' because Hinduism is heinothestic, it respects all spiritual entities as one, be it Islam, Christianity, or otherwise. It views each and every religion as one.

Anyways, like I said, I did not want to create any controversy, since this is a free and open public forum, I said what I wanted to. But I am going OT, so I'll stop. Should you wish to reply, let me tell you in advance that I shall not reply back.

Oh yeah, the word of 'God' shall surely prevail😊
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: souro

That was not a very nice thing to say.
You seemed agitated when someone was mocking Pakistan but here you're doing the same thing that they did.

Please read my post above.
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
"Hindus don't like to call themselves or label themselves as 'Hindus' because Hinduism is heinothestic, it respects all spiritual entities as one, be it Islam, Christianity, or otherwise. It views each and every religion as one. "

exactly, we don't label ourselves as hindus. Although the idol worship is criticized by many.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: debayon

High 5 finally we are on the same note. I am an atheist, so if that was an attempt to enrage me, it didn't work.

While it did not elicit rage form you, your words did result in remarks that I personally found to be ignorant and offensive to my beliefs.

Every belief system (including atheism) has its pros and cons, and has aspects that will seem absurd or hilarious to other cultures and belief system. Religion is not beyond criticism, but criticism can be done in a manner that does not provoke but engages in a critical but respectful discussion.

Coming to this topic, while I strongly disagree with opinions against homosexuality, I have absolutely no qualms accepting their personal religious or social beliefs. If anyone believes homosexuality is a sin, that God will punish them that is their prerogative. They can preach it in their churches, temples and teach it to their children. As long as they can keep it separate from the state and other non subscribing societies.

Bias and hatred are not really reflections of a particular religion, but the mindset of an individual. If not we will not be having Catholics like John Kerry supporting reproductive and homosexual rights. Similarly even though Hinduism, Buddhism etc do not have scripture condemning homosexuality many people from these religions do ascribe condemning homosexuality as a part of their religious belief system to. Even atheists are capable of their own biases and hatreds.

Its a fallacy to assume that since a few individuals have a perspective that only the religion or nation etc is responsible for that perspective. A perspective largely depends on who the individual is as well.

Originally posted by: MTVGangNext

same sex attraction is sick, and if it is happening to you, you need help or go jump from the hill,,,,,,,,, what the hell

How did that jumping go? Did you break your bones?😊