India-Forums

Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

Addressing in-laws?

priya_sparsha IF-Rockerz
priya_sparsha
priya_sparsha

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:07pm | IP Logged

I always wanted to ask this question but never found time before. Anyways, do you guys like your in-laws especially father-in-law and mother-in-law to be addressed as your dad and mom? I can never give my parent's place to anyone else.  and no matter how much I love my in-laws I can never give them that place and address them as my parents. What about you guys? Do you guys feel its right to call them mummy and papa?

I will be waiting for your viewsSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

princessonline

Hafsa.10 Senior Member
Hafsa.10
Hafsa.10

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Agree With u 100%

I realy realy hate it when people adress their mother in law / Father in law as mum dad, i have fights with my cousins who call their in laws Ami n Abu saying you should always call your real perents those names, but they like it as they think there husbands parents are their parents, which is totaly wrong because your mother gives you birth, and your parents take care of you since childhood to marrige so i think no one can replace or either be in their place. Ur mother in law/ father in law wasnt there when you were younger or didnt fulfill ur needs when u were a baby so how can they be ur mother father??
So i agree with u, no one can take a place of a mother father than ur real parents.
I think you shud adress uncle aunty to ur in laws, recently my coz got marriend n i told her not to callher mother in law mum, so she calls her Khalla which is respect so u shud call them uncle aunty.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

princessonline.Selena-Lauren.priya_sparsha

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
I don't think that just because you call your in-laws mum and dad means they're replacing your parents. All of my cousins that have got married call their in laws mummy-papa and I think it's quite sweet. :) The same applies for those that have been married in to the family.
Your parents will always be the ones that brought you in to this world, brought you up, helped you take your first steps, the one's you cried for on your first day at school etc and that will never change. However when you get married, they often say you don't just marry the guy, you marry his whole family! lol those are the people you're going to spend the rest of your life with. (unless you live separately) So it's all about the way you view things. Your in-laws are not out there to replace your parents but hopefully they'll look after you just like your parents would and if they do then I don't see the harm in addressing them as mummy-papa. 

Do you not treat your cousins as sisters and brothers? I know I always tie a rakhi on my cousins and consider them to be my brothers. That doesn't mean I love them any less than my own sibling. 

I'm not married but hopefully will get married some day and I have no objection in calling my in-laws mummy-papa if they treat me just like they treat all their other children. :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Monika__29princessonline.Selena-Lauren.priya_sparsha

thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Never thought of it really. Too young.  Provided I have my Mama's and aunts' instances, there is nothing ever Mama-like or Papa-like in the in-laws. They're considered pain, mostly. Anyways, to your question; I feel if they gain respect out of me, I would love to address them as my parents. But that does not necessarily mean they are replacing my parents, and naturally, my degree of love and respect toward them would be lesser than my own parents. I presume. Geek

princessonline.Selena-Lauren.priya_sparsha

Jiannax143 IF-Rockerz
Jiannax143
Jiannax143

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
i love my in-laws and i believe that if you truly consider someone family then it's not hard to address them as mom and dad
personally i call my in laws mommy and daddy cause that's what i call my parents and what my husband calls his and they treat me jut as they treat their own daughter so i dont see why not

ruby20.Selena-Lauren.priya_sparsha

fammma Goldie
fammma
fammma

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:13am | IP Logged
Hi all

I am newly married and I call my parents mum and dad. However, since marriage, seeing the love and respect I have received from my in laws I also call them mummy and abba. This is also coz my hubby calls them this and he loves it when I address them in this manner.

For me, they have not replaced my parents, but they are ALSO my parents, so they also get the same respect fform me. If it pleases my husband, then I also dont see a problem with it.

My parrent and parents - in -laws both have their own seperate place in my life, they dont take each others place.!!

My opinion only

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ruby20Monika__29.Selena-Lauren.priya_sparshaJiannax143

VangelisFanatic Goldie
VangelisFanatic
VangelisFanatic

Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
I don't mind addressing my in-laws as Mom and Dad. They love me and respect me and its only right to return that love and respect.

ruby20.Selena-Lauren.priya_sparsha

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index