John Beefs Up for Some Real Action- TOI Article

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

John beefs up for some real action

Vipul Amrutlal Shah|Vipul A Shah|Nishikant Kamat|Mumbai Meri Jaan|John Abraham|Aditya Chopra
John Abraham More Pics
The Tamil film Khakha Khakha with Surya, one of the most desirable actors around, went on to create records in South Indian cinema.

Vipul Amrutlal Shah struck a terrific bargain when he picked up the Hindi remake rights and went on to cast the handsome hunk John Abraham with the petite Genelia D'Souza.

Directed by Nishikant Kamat, who earlier made the sensitive Mumbai Meri Jaan (2008), Force that is likely to release in mid-2011, has the market excited because it is one of those adrenaline pumping action films that usually work at the marquee. It is also John's first full-blown action film after Aditya Chopra's Dhoom, where he made the trade sit up and take notice. Force is a joint venture between Fox Star Studios and Vipul A Shah and it has spectacular action sequences that "are going to be a first for Indian audiences,'' promises creative producer Vipul.

For the first time in his career, John plays a cop; it is also the first time that he romances Bollywood cutie Genelia. Says Vipul, "I am truly fortunate to have a great director-actor team on board. I have full confidence in Nishikant's ability to make an excellent film. As for John, he has surprised me with his performance. This is one of his best films." The bearded, shy Nishikant says, "I could not have asked for a better producer than Vipul and a more dedicated actor than John. He is very involved and his keen interest in every aspect of film-making makes him a treat to work with.''

Vijay Singh, CEO, Fox Star Studios is also a happy man. Says Vijay, "John is the contemporary action hero that fans look up to. And I have no doubt that Force is that script that will go beyond just his good looks and do justice to him as an actor. The film has amazing action and a heartfelt love story. It has demonstrated solid appeal with the masses in the south and I'm sure it will have the same impact again.''
Vijay adds, "We have solid faith in the creative talent behind this film; Vipul, Nishikant, John, Genelia and music director Harris Jayraj." John packs in the final punch.

He says, "It has been a long wait to revisit action in films but I think the timing is right. When Vipul offered me the film, he said that I should do action because he truly believes that I am an action hero. With Nishikant I have discovered the magic of raw action, but what is even more beautiful is the romance in Force. This I believe will be my first pan India film after a long gap.''
Edited by bandicoot - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thank god this movie is not just going to be about his body/looks

He's a good actor and I hope the scirpt is good as well!
petticoat thumbnail
They better not ruin Kaakha Kaakha! that is all I have to say

The movie was never about the hero's phsyique or lack of one..I hope this doesnt turn up weirdly
And I thought John was already buff๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

John and Genelia...sounds unique and bizarre, so I guess they might have chemistry

Originally posted by: bandicoot

They better not ruin Kaakha Kaakha! that is all I have to say

The movie was never about the hero's phsyique or lack of one..I hope this doesnt turn up weirdly

Ohhhhh you recommended Kaakha Kaakha to me! I've yet to watch it. 

petticoat thumbnail

Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

Ohhhhh you recommended Kaakha Kaakha to me! I've yet to watch it. 

shabz it is a magical movie(atleast the original)..I will fish up one version with subtitles for u...
im actually rewatching the movie now๐Ÿ˜†
Caro, is Sid in it? ๐Ÿ˜† Actualyl can you tell me all Sid movies? I will watch them tonight and tomorrow night.:P...Of course apart from Bomarrilu....Oh Bomarrillu. ๐Ÿ˜

Originally posted by: bandicoot

shabz it is a magical movie(atleast the original)..I will fish up one version with subtitles for u...
im actually rewatching the movie now๐Ÿ˜†

Lol Zainab, I was just going to mention Bommarillu.

So Caro...is it as magical as Bommarillu? ๐Ÿ˜‰
petticoat thumbnail
na it is a little more serious than Bommarillu.. Bommarillu is more fun this is a serious cop romance story. the comedy in situations is only subtle but this was the movie that kinda established the dudes stardom and has been remade and remade. Well I dont know how magical but for me I know ahlf the dialogues in the movie so pretty much magical :P

Zainab.. this has surya and jyotika(check my avi)..not sid๐Ÿ˜†

Well Sid Movies:
Nuvvosthaanante Nenu Odhantaana- it is in YT with all subs..it is a very good romcom as well๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Boys- his debut and Genelia's debut too. It is an avg movie

Aayutha ezhuth- the tamil yuva..he did vivek oberoi's role.. im sure u wouldnt be interested

You must have seen Rang De Basanti

Then There is "Oy!" which is a remake of A walk to Remember.

That is all of his movies I have seen. There is also one called Koncham Ishtam Koncham Kashtam. I have no idea abt it other than it being a romcom.

Bommarillu is classic!! there are other gult movies in the same range too...
petticoat thumbnail
shabz eureka! check pm