Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Box Office Earnings 31/12/10 - 06/01/11 (Nett Collections in Ind Rs)

Rank Last Week Film Week Weekly Nett Gross % Change Cinemas Total Nett Gross Verdict
1 1 Tees Maar Khan 2 10,46,00,000 -78.67 1200 59,50,00,000 Semi Hit

It's a semi-hit, not a flop; like it or not, there's a difference๐Ÿ˜Š
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

TMK was clearly a flop. You can be the biggest Akshay or Katrina fan out there, but you cannot deny it was a flop. FYI I haven't seen it yet.

Back to the topic I don't think we can make any generalization that choreographers turned directors won't fare well in the industry. I guess those directors had bad luck. I think Farah though is quite creative. I have enjoyed watching her films (leaving aside her recent one). Let's see what the future of the industry holds for us!

Just because I am a Akshay or Katrina fan that doesn't mean I'll make a flop movie a hit. Yuvvraaj was a flop. CC2C was a flop. But TMK was not a flop. Sorry for the bad news.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
oh all the same. ๐Ÿ˜†
i  mean i guess i'll be able to judge it better once i have seen it.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
ok ok whateva. sorry. flop semi hit wateva. bottom line is that farah has had better movies and this clearly was the weakest.
Agar Rani ki film hoti, and I called NOKJ a flop when in fact it's a semi hit, tab there would be a huge difference. You know zameen, aasmaan ka difference. You don't need to see the film because that does not correlate with the statistics...I haven't seen the film (will not see it even if someone buys the dvd for me), but I'd still say it's a semi - hit to avg.

PS - Prabhu Deva is an actor, but also a choreographer....
Edited by zainab25 - 13 years ago
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Glee

agree! btw what was he before she married him? he is useless , no talent! i fail to understand why she even married him๐Ÿ˜•

her husband is bad at what he does career wise but she married him for other reasons not his talent 
TMK has awakened the film trade analyst within our beloved members ๐Ÿ˜†
I'm afraid I disagree with TM :) As Zainab already mentioned, PrabhuDeva succeeded with Wanted. Also, Farah Khan did very well with Main Hoon Na and OSO. The SRK factor is a different issue. Fact is the films did well.
Originally posted by: zainab25

Agar Rani ki film hoti, and I called NOKJ a flop when in fact it's a semi hit, tab there would be a huge difference. You know zameen, aasmaan ka difference. You don't need to see the film because that does not correlate with the statistics...I haven't seen the film (will not see it even if someone buys the dvd for me), but I'd still say it's a semi - hit to avg.

PS - Prabhu Deva is an actor, but also a choreographer....

NOKJ is clearly a flop. You can be the biggest Rani fan out there, but you cannot deny the fact that it really did poorly because of Rani's lame acting. FYI, I haven't seen the movie and nor do i plan on seeing it. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Farah is a successful director
Main Hoon Na was a very well made movie and a huge hit! OSO was a hit too! You cannot discredit a director's hit๐Ÿ˜† just based on the star value

prabhudeva is primarily a choreographer. He has had success as a director. 

FYI FArah was an Assistant Director too for Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander.

there are other chroeographers who are successful directors but they are regional movies(for eg. lawrence raghavendra)

About shirish kunder
he is a bad script writer as we see but the dude is a good editor!
He was there in a whole bunch of movies even before he knew farah... including socha na tha๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by bandicoot - 13 years ago
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Meena1

NOKJ is clearly a flop. You can be the biggest Rani fan out there, but you cannot deny the fact that it really did poorly because of Rani's lame acting. FYI, I haven't seen the movie and nor do i plan on seeing it. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

LMFAO!