Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I prefer Soonam, I mean vidya is a very good & fine actor but she does look old, soonams young , & I feel she's average in acting but she definitely deserves a chance to prove herself😛 Edited by Shreyacool - 13 years ago
yeh gotta say vidya's not all that either...i dunt find her THAT gr8...she lacks spunk, charisma and fire onscreen acc to me. 
Originally posted by: Shreyacool

I prefer Soonam, I mean vidya is a very good & fine actor but she does look old, soonams young , & I feel she's average in acting but she definitely deserves a chance to prove herself😛

How many chances does daddy dearests lil one want..? 1.. 2.. 4..10.. 50.? 🥱
😆
Originally posted by: smarie pants

yeh gotta say vidya's not all that either...i dunt find her THAT gr8...she lacks spunk, charisma and fire onscreen acc to me. 

thank you..  dunno wht all this rave abt her is.. she's nothing great.. has a really boring personality accompanied with equally boring looks..
lol...her looks are fine, minus the extra weight and dressing sense...but i think she has really bad posture issues...i can see her slouching in most of the promotional events that she attends....its not attractive...
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
lol I think Waheedaji saw the filmfare spread of Sonam - the one where she pays a tribute to the yesteryear actressess.
I have to say tho  Sonam has the looks down  - when I saw that spread I was like damn the girl looks the character. If she invests some time in learning to act there is no stopping her.
Somehow I get the vibe that she is not really serious about acting. She is not a natural actress so deal with it and go to school/acting workshops and pick up some acting chops to go with the look.
I like Vidya  - theonly one in the present generation who knows how to act subtly.
Waheed ji is awesome - I fell in love with her when I watched Guide.
Even in RDB the scene where she opens to the door to receive her dead son's belonging - classic. Her pain was converyed so effectively without the usual bollywood screaming and OTT acting.
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't think remakes or adaptations are necessarily a bad thing, they just have a bad name because most of them have been awful.  If done properly, they can actually surpass the original. Wouldn't it be interesting to see somebody else's take on a film/story? Dev D is a prime example. 

Regarding Sonam, I think Waheedaji has a soft spot for her but the girl has a long, long way to go still. Vidya is much better suited and her looks are much more appropriate. 

Speaking of Guide, just reminded me of this song, 
Mesmerising, isn't she?

Edited by LabRat34 - 13 years ago
^^oh yeh RDB...the whole sequence when maddy dies was really gut wrenching...and tht scene was superb...so beautifully done....the way she slightly trips and loses her physical stability and siddharth holds her...😭
Waheeda ji was awesome in Guide. The grace and the poise. Can still recollect her beatiful and graceful dance to 'Aaj phir jeene ki tamanna hai'....

glitters thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pragya0

Why is it a slap on anyones face? I for one think Sonam is a bad actress and even if Waheeda Rahman ji or for that matter Marlon Brando comes and tells me she has potential, I will not change my opinion. I think most of the audience are capable of making decisions themselves, just one legend saying anything doesnot change.

I will happily cahnge my opinion if and only if I can see Sonam delivering a good performance. Until then this is all hot air in my opinion.

Thank you pragya!👏 I agree!
Edited by Natss - 13 years ago