India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

'Pratigya" is the best

Unfinished Senior Member
Unfinished
Unfinished

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
 Amid all the drama and incredible acting by almost all actors, we get to see the juxtaposition of the old feudal values versus the new modern ones.

That women are still treated as objects is a sobering reality in this world. You wonder how long it will take to make inroads into changing women's worth in some societies. I think education is the key  in changing perceptions. 

Well done writers, CVs. It is a pleasure watching your show.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

kiran9grayanob2011lakshmi_paiFilza.Love-u-all---Yemi---Minnie.dhakarnbabithajtelstra

Gujar IF-Rockerz
Gujar
Gujar

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
It's always a pleasure to watch SS

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Minnie.

Unfinished Senior Member
Unfinished
Unfinished

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
 Not just SS, but the entire cast display incredible talent.

But the show has special meaning to me because it shows flashes of everyday life in a society that would not be visible if I were a tourist in the region. I am learning so much from "Pratigya" the show about life in this small town in Allahabad, even though it is just a soap and a lot of the times, everything is heightened for dramatic effect. When you strip away the fiction, underneath lies a whole lot of issues. I am seeing all this for the first time. Oh I knew they existed, but I did not realise things had not changed much in 150 years!
As part of the Indian diaspora, (now third generation)  I now realise I must hail from the same region; the language particuarly, the customs, the men, the food, the weddings, etc etc are so achingly familiar to me! That is why the show is so special to me. I have an innate sense of connection.

I also know that freedom from oppression for women like Kesar is possible, it may take a generation and it will require education and opportunites. But it is possible. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

AlwayshopefulMinnie.Love-u-all---Yemi---ArjaAddict....Poojie....

Gujar IF-Rockerz
Gujar
Gujar

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
True it's a highly indicative drama with brutally honest depictions keeping the surrealism aside at times, it gives an candid insight into the happenings within that sphere of confluence!

I particularly enjoy SS's portrayal. He practically lives that role!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Unfinishedlakshmi_paiMinnie.

Minnie. IF-Rockerz
Minnie.
Minnie.

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovestea

Amid all the drama and incredible acting by almost all actors, we get to see the juxtaposition of the old feudal values versus the new modern ones.

That women are still treated as objects is a sobering reality in this world. You wonder how long it will take to make inroads into changing women's worth in some societies. I think education is the key  in changing perceptions. 

Well done writers, CVs. It is a pleasure watching your show.
i couldnt agree wiv u more Big smile
dhakarn IF-Sizzlerz
dhakarn
dhakarn

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
yes, this show is simply the best..............................its commitment to the original storyline in addition to the constant non wavering stance on burning social issues is so far the best i have ever seen on TV....................and with hugely capable actors and characters and brilliant writing the show will go down in history as one of the most enlightening shows and as good and genuine attempt................
ArjaAddict IF-Sizzlerz
ArjaAddict
ArjaAddict

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Yes i agre....dis is da Best show ever.....all the actors are awesome ...right from Arhaan&Pooja,SS to Piyesia....all of dem rox..its a combined team work of our cast...even though its going through a rough patch now em sure dat it will rise with colourful wings...em sure...n em waiting for it!!

Nechu

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top