Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

XxTiaraCullenxX

Goldie

XxTiaraCullenxX

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Guys, Is there are news on Midnight Sun...I'm dying to know....
I know that Stephanie decided to continue the novel in 2008....It was published on her website...
Does anyone have any info....I bet no-one else can wait for MS either naa......Big smileWink

Edited by XxTiaraCullenxX - 12 January 2011 at 3:32pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anjalianjaliOmaRamdassradt

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Midnight Sun - Edited!!!" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Well it is was a draft that got leaked and SM has no intentions of continuing it sadly.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anjalianjali

-alisha-

IF-Dazzler

-alisha-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged
gosh i too wish she would have written it........too bad she had to discontinue

XxTiaraCullenxX

Goldie

XxTiaraCullenxX

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
@ Ambrosia, Alisha_Harshiti - but this is what I found on her website - I'm confused...Confused

June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun.

Midnight Sun is an exercise in character development that got wildly out of hand (as do many of my projects).

While I was procrastinating some real editing work (I'm always at my most creative when procrastinating), I started to wonder how the first chapter of Twilight would read if it were written from Edward's perspective. There is so much more to his side of the story than there is to Bella's in that first chapter. After all, Bella only knows that an incredibly gorgeous boy is looking at her funny. Meanwhile, Edward is suffering through one of the most momentous days of his very long life! First there's the shock and frustration of not being able to hear Bella's thoughts, then the wild, monstrous reaction to her scent, followed by the incredible expenditure of self-control that it takes to not kill her... His side of Bella's first day at Forks High School is a hundred times more exciting than her own.

Though I didn't have time to work on it right away, the idea of letting Edward have his chance to speak stuck with me. I couldn't shake it. I found myself thinking his words in the middle of the night and jotting down phrases he would use while I was waiting in line at the post office. As soon as I finished my real work, I sat down and let Edward get his say.

Writing chapter one, "First Sight," from Edward's point of view was an exciting experience; I actually had my pulse racing as I typed. When I finished, I was truly pleased with my creation. Here was the other side of the story that no one knew. Here was the truth of what Edward had been through. I felt like I knew my Edward even better, and I was sure his dialogue would be more insightful in future novels. The end. Exercise over.

Ha ha. It wasn't long before I was thinking about Edward in Alaska, Edward upon his return to Forks, Edward's side of that fateful conversation in Biology... Chapter two started to write itself in my head, while I kept telling myself that I didn't have time to write a book for fun when I had real books to write. (My mother seconded that opinion—she thinks I work too hard).

But when a story demands to be written, there's no way to resist. And the more I wrote, the more I became convinced that Edward deserved to have his story told. At first I was planning to post it all here on my website, but I changed my mind for two reasons, the most important being that Edward's version is much longer than Bella's—Edward over-thinks everything. I'm not even half way done, and the page count is near three hundred. The second reason that I changed my mind is a little bit silly—I just would really love to have a pretty, matching, bound version of Midnight Sun to put beside Twilight on top of my desk. So I'm going to try to have it published as a complementary novel to Twilight. It will take a while, because I can only work on it between editing stints, but I hope that someday I'll be able to see Midnight Sun on the bookstore shelves next to Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and etc... (Fueling my belief that Midnight Sun is worthy of publishing is my mother's about face—after reading the first eleven chapters, she thinks it's magic and says I should go for it.)

And here I was going to write just a short paragraph of introduction. You see what I mean about things getting out of hand?

Here's the link

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Anushuklabd670816-alisha-leeseunggilove

kutekhushi

kutekhushi

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:47am | IP Logged
but i read somewhere that fans are waiting for it and may b she gave them asa xmas gift for 2010
i didnt read anywhere taht she is not gonna issue it

is it true?
its not gonaa come????

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bd670816

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 3:52am | IP Logged
she said she l write whn everyone forgets but its not happening soon well ucn get the draft the first half is really gud specily edwards imaginations to get bella out of theclassroom i liked tht

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Its updated in 2008 and now its 2011. If she really wanted to continue MS, she would have by now.
Be sure of it, she wont be writing it. The Saga has reached its last stage with BD realizing, I dont see why she would want to go back to books now.

radt

IF-Rockerz

radt

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 4:32am | IP Logged
i would love to see if she does make up her mind...... loyal twihards cannt wait for it to be out!
Edward's point of view wud be so much more fun to read and understand him even better!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top