India-Forums

Jay & Rajeev New Article

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:43am | IP Logged

Makar Sankranti: til-gul ghya, god god bola

Makar Sankranti is one of the most auspicious occasions for the Hindus, and is celebrated in almost all parts of the country in myriad cultural forms, with great devotion, fervour & gaiety. It is a harvest festival. Makar Sankranti is perhaps the only Indian festival whose date always falls on the same day every year i.e. the 14th of January. Zee TV artistes reminisce with us about this day of celebration.

Jay Bhanushali:

Every Gujarati worth his Dhokla will tell you that Makar Sankranti is one of the most auspicious occasions for the Hindus, and is celebrated in almost all parts of the country in myriad cultural forms, with great devotion, fervor & gaiety. It is a harvest festival. Makar Sankranti is perhaps the only Indian festival whose date always falls on the same day every year i.e. the 14th of January.  I was not very good at it, but absolutely loved flying kites.

Rajeev Surti:

Being a Gujju I feel very embarrassed of the fact that I cannot fly kites for nuts while my entire family are brilliant at the activity. As a child I used to sit downstairs when my father, uncles and cousins would be on the terrace flying kites passionately. It's not that I did not try but after many failed attempts I realized that I am only good at holding the Phirki while someone else calls the shots. I loved the sesame sweets (til) prepared during makar sankranti and the most exiting part was digging out the 25 paise coins hidden inside those delicious til gud mithais.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Nisa_nrcupidstrike23DaviRapierdesicrowdmehak.S

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
not only gujjus, but the entire andhra pradesh celebrates it, and i guess people in tamil nadu as well (only they call it pongal). and yes, it is this friday, the 14th. Happy Sankranti for all those who celebrate it!Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RadiantTreasure

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
I've always loved this festival, but I've never gotten to celebrate it! Disapprove Maybe I'll go to the temple with my sister and do it this year. Smile
Pimp IF-Rockerz

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
dmgmjht4ever IF-Rockerz
dmgmjht4ever
dmgmjht4ever

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
^Really? I'm like the only Indian in my grade LOL
I've never gotten the chance to celebrate the holiday, but I would love to one day.
Yuvian_forever Senior Member
Yuvian_forever
Yuvian_forever

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
I also had never gotten a chance to celebrate this festival...but would love it to do once
Davi IF-Dazzler
Davi
Davi

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Thanx for article. This festival seems like a lot of fun. Never celebrated but wud love to.
Nisa_nr Goldie
Nisa_nr
Nisa_nr

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:53am | IP Logged
Hey thanks for sharing ...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index