India-Forums

Sasural Genda Phool
Sasural Genda Phool

Was it better than OBS? (Page 3)

poshah Goldie
poshah
poshah

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
@venture and @ netri: Infact I was anxious to see how ishaan aka jay reacts to suhana's confession, but here it seemed like he knew it all long, maybe they will give some explanation for that later. seems like uski baati jal gayee and achanak he just understood that she loves him ! i so wanted to see his reaction here on hearing or knowing that she loves him. do din pehle to bechara rote jaa raha tha and now achanak he understood everything !! how ? Maybe KK told him :)
In OBS, i had wanted rajdeep to have a littl more active role in the confession, he just keeps getting surprised and more surprised or amused on listening to lolita's reaction. no dialgoues until the bros pull him. And here he is smiling..completely opposite !

And I really think that they wanted to show him super champu during marriage just to prove that there is a lot more than looks and gradually his hair became better and beard too.
And now to i am sure they wont show his beard at all, he will be almost clean shaven.
And I am less worried abt his ward robe, more his looks per se !

And yes at times I am more a fan of rajdeep, but then jay has done well too. like last few episodes his acting was good, if it is a crying scene where he needs to shed tears, jay is good too. maybe rajdeep is 100 and ishan is 90 or so !

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shelly_nairinfinity00Tani91YusBeeiViews

radpat25 Senior Member
radpat25
radpat25

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
 I had decided not to watch SGP anymore....but still watched it(only for RAGINI)...i knew they will show something OTT...and i was not dissappointed...the part till suhana confesses was good...credit goes to brilliant acting by Ragini and all the family members(except ishaan,his expressions were as if he knew that suhana is gonna confess..agar pata tha to pehle samjh nahi aya kya) ...but the reactions after the confession....god it was so OTT...people in chandni chowk shown happy and hugging bcoz suhana loves ishaan...give me a break.They have reduced SGP to any other serial on SP with all that OTTness.I am very dissappointed.I mean from when did SGP started requiring drama and OTTness to make a point.I guess its the magic of consistent high TRPS LOL

I agree it was suhana's confession..a big point in the story...but the OTTness after the confession was unbearable..ishaan hanging and all was Dead and his stupid expressions....couldnt bear it...lshaan agar itne stunts kar sakta hain pure family ke saamne to I love you kyun nai bol paya ab tak....they have just ruined ishaan's character.I liked the confession in OBS..it had SOUL..though in SGP suhana's acting made the whole scene convincing...yet why didnt they do it in SGP way..subtle and poignant...oh i forgot the subtlety and poignance of SGP is thing of the past now...i dont think it was as great as the CVs pointed out.The confession in OBS was good..

Edited by radpat25 - 12 January 2011 at 10:55pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

111192YusBee

naj7 Goldie
naj7
naj7

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shounak-rijul1

Originally posted by titali

I haven't watched OBS but all in forum had criticized confession scene in OBS. I quite liked today's episode so just curious to know was it better than OBS?

OK..Reading everyone's comment,I realized..that u were asking about our POV'sLOLLOL..OK so here's mine..thoguh we shoudnt compare both coz I have learnt thats when u start finding faults and dont like the show moreLOLLOLbut hmmmpp....I would say..though I loveddddddd SGP's confession to bits..but still would give preference to the OBS confession wala scene..and I have reasons for them...acc to my POV..two reasons why OBS wala confession appealed more to me was

1)The confession,though was in front of the family was a bit PRIVATE than that of SGP maybe coz in OBS,they did it within the four walls of the room..

2)Second is that they tried to make the confession scene on a more lighter note in SGP than that of OBS..Though I did like this change..I actually missed the SERIOUSNESS in the episode..which i feel was required...and the background music too showed that the scene looked more funnier than being serious.OK..I havent yet said this before..but I feel that the way Kashyaps and the Lahiris are totally different.I dont know whether u all feel so..but sometimes I feel..the LAHIRIS are a bit shant and composed than that of the Kashyaps..who sometimes tend to be LOUD and sometimes OTT...but I dont blame anyone...coz I feel thats what makes a HINDI serial different from a Regional show.I have usually seen that Regional shows are on the shaant-conposed-simple side whereas Hindi tv shows become a bit OTT and LOUD...The only thing which didnt impress me was the reaction of the members..I felt they went overboard after the confession to some extent...if I see OBS and SGP as two diff shows[which I should]LOLThen its a 5 STAR to both..but when it comes to comparing both the shows..I would give SGP 4 and OBS 5...1 extra marks for the depth of the dialogues which Lolita told during the confessionSmile

Thanks yaar for the comparison.. so it was diff .. thats good.. Atleast ppl who watched OBS have somthing diff to c..

But i just loved Suhana.. she is soooo expressive.. every one was so cute..

The scene wen she takes each & every members name was soo sweet and then wen she says Radha Bua, the was Radha Bua keeps her hand in chest just like present miss... soo sweet..

All in all i just loved the scene to the core..

Sinha18shelly_nair

shelly_nair IF-Dazzler
shelly_nair
shelly_nair

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
actually i don't anything about original version. so i'm fully enjoying this show. i really enjoyed yesterdays confession episode. it was really funny. really liked the way all family members were funnily digging out what is in suhana's mind.

i loved the expression of Suhana and Ishaan.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sinha18

madhu_d Senior Member
madhu_d
madhu_d

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by poshah

@venture and @ netri: Infact I was anxious to see how ishaan aka jay reacts to suhana's confession, but here it seemed like he knew it all long, maybe they will give some explanation for that later. seems like uski baati jal gayee and achanak he just understood that she loves him ! i so wanted to see his reaction here on hearing or knowing that she loves him. do din pehle to bechara rote jaa raha tha and now achanak he understood everything !! how ? Maybe KK told him :)
In OBS, i had wanted rajdeep to have a littl more active role in the confession, he just keeps getting surprised and more surprised or amused on listening to lolita's reaction. no dialgoues until the bros pull him. And here he is smiling..completely opposite !

And I really think that they wanted to show him super champu during marriage just to prove that there is a lot more than looks and gradually his hair became better and beard too.
And now to i am sure they wont show his beard at all, he will be almost clean shaven.
And I am less worried abt his ward robe, more his looks per se !

And yes at times I am more a fan of rajdeep, but then jay has done well too. like last few episodes his acting was good, if it is a crying scene where he needs to shed tears, jay is good too. maybe rajdeep is 100 and ishan is 90 or so !

u cannot compare jay with rajdeep.. both r poles apart.. for the character which they have sketched for lolita he may be d best  n for suhana's char   jay is d ultimate...
i daily watch obs at many places rajdeep was unable to show expessions.. especially whenever his bros teases d expressions were very bad.. bt jay is excellent in potraying all emotions... his smile is mind blowing...100 marks to jai...

FeatsSinha18

radpat25 Senior Member
radpat25
radpat25

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged

@ shounak-rijul1

I agree wid you..you have perfectly described the difference between sgp and obs version of the same scene....i feel nowadays in SGP they deliberately make scenes comical...earlier the humour was subtle..but now that sgp is a hit and suhana is a favourite of the masses...and the actress is very good with her comic timing..CVs turn all her scenes into comical ones...they have reduced suhana to a comic character...but ragini is exceptionally well in emotional scenes too...then why make her look like a comedian...antique piece(as ishaan mentions suhana in precap Dead) I have watched SGP from the begining.I find it hard to believe that its the same SGP which i loved...for its subtle,poignant scenes between all the characters..suhana-badima,ishaan-suhana and many scenes which made this show unique.Nothing is permanent and all good comes to an end i guess.I dont feel the same enthusiasm to watch it now...which i had 2 months back.A good show lost in OTTness.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee

-rajsua- IF-Rockerz
-rajsua-
-rajsua-

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:22am | IP Logged
o i loved
confesion scene
YusBee IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

radpat25poshahshelly_nair111192

Go to top