Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#*Devil's Den*# - Tujhe Dhoondtha Hoon Main.. :'( (Page 119)

49erFan IF-Sizzlerz
49erFan
49erFan

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
@ parm, Im a good girl, Adam and Eve to shame...me no way! LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sigma

hegdemedha IF-Dazzler
hegdemedha
hegdemedha

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anvi2009

@Anj, just saw the office confrontation scene. Arjun clearly told to MSK, "immigration mein mushkil nahin aayegi." He said, if MSK withdraws the cases then there wont be problem with immigration. So he did mean international travel here and not just simply taking NT away from the Khuranas. The fact that she traveled means that cases are withdrawn, bas we audience have not seen any follow up scene. I guess, 1 more blunder by the cvs which we will have to forgive and forget. Angry

@ Anvi: Haven't gone through all of the previous discussion yet ... so, bear with me, if there are repetitions.

Can't remember the exact dialogue in the confrontation scene .... just because a person is accused of a crime, travel restrictions are not imposed automatically. It would only be in serious cases or where there is an apprehension that the person may abscond that the court would require the accused to surrender her / his passport. Also, the person can apply to get the travel restrictions eased.

Well, this brings to mind another issue. I know that during the Geet-NT confrontation, they showed NT with an Indian passport (or was that my mistake?). But, isn't it more likely that being an NRI, she actually holds a Canadian passport or holds an OCI card or something? Didn't Maan go the Canadian embassy when searching for Dev? Didn't they get visa documents for Dev (on which Geet spilled coffee)? In that case, having a criminal case pending might interfere with travel to and from India.

Edited by hegdemedha - 12 January 2011 at 4:18pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

BgblZoolander6949erFanSigmaswan20AnjanaYYZ

Sigma IF-Sizzlerz
Sigma
Sigma

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
@ Geets i want to know what Jyo means now Wink and you yourself you would get banned, no turning back now LOL

BgblZoolander69

49erFan IF-Sizzlerz
49erFan
49erFan

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:18pm | IP Logged
@ parm, don't know why she said that,  u have to ask her!  She has me labeled out! LOL

Sigma

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
@Avni - "immigration mein muskhil nahi aayegi" can have varient meanings:

1. Pending charges if two countries share that type of information can make entry from one to the other difficult.  i.e. say you have charges in Canada then U.S. official at border may have same info and not let you in.

2. Immigration by pragmatic definition could mean you cannot sponsor someone from another country if they have pending charges/criminal record.  Has nothing with their ability to travel, but other country's acceptance of them as a suitable future citizen

3. It could mean that her terms of bail at the time did not allow for foreign travel.  That may change.  In that NT's lawyers could have gone back to court and ask for variation!

4. Charges were indeed withdrawn, but that cannot be done by Maan as the charges are generally the state's to withdraw and may require "victim input" but, rule of law in India is arguably "fluid"

Another wrinkle maybe NT's actual "citizenship"!

Whomever said that BAIL is the NORM is CORRECT!  Once pple are out on bail then conviction becomes less likely then if the accused remains incarcerated.  There are various factors at play for this and is more complex then I really want to discuss!

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 12 January 2011 at 4:22pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sumz3hegdemedhaSigmaswan2049erFan

Sigma IF-Sizzlerz
Sigma
Sigma

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
but what about what you said Geets LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

49erFanAnjanaYYZ

Anvi2009 IF-Dazzler
Anvi2009
Anvi2009

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
@Medha, thanks for your response. Smile See I dont know what the real case is with international travel and a criminal case pending. My only issue is that Arjun had clearly said the word "immigration" so I assumed that he meant she would have trouble in international travel if cases are not withdrawn. And today they showed us that NT did travel internationally. So my point is, were the cases withdrawn or not, we dont know. Worst part is, no follow up was shown to that office confrontation scene, so we have no idea what happened about her cases from that time onwards. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hegdemedhaSigma49erFanAnjanaYYZ

Anvi2009 IF-Dazzler
Anvi2009
Anvi2009

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
@Anj, so according to you, were the cases against NT withdrawn or not? 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hegdemedhaSigma49erFanAnjanaYYZ

Go to top