Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by P1nk

She could be 31.

or u could be blue..LOL

And you could be liquid. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Passion or Profession? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

and what makes you think that I said that its easy....infact I said just the opposite......LOLtry reading my post again....
I know whatever u have said is coming straight from your heart and is really ADORABLE in theory but is it practical......I don't think so.......
and yes there are no guarantees in life....just probabilities.....the probability of some one who is an engineer/doctor/lawyer/teacher/CPA/Vet....succeeding or  having a decent life atleast is much more than someone who is a writer/actor/singer/musician.........I would say that the chances are that out of 100...atleast 80 engineers will make a decent living while the chances of even 1 writer making a decent living out of a 100 is dim............
All I am saying is that passion can always be pursued on the side......u should always have something solid to fall back on if u fail in ur passion......after all we do not live just by gulping air.....everything else costs money.....
Everything in this world is relative...nothing is absolute....and while there may not be an absolutely reliable profession..........a profession in engineering is much more reliable than that of a writer.........people do succeed in these professions but it important to remember that there are many many more who fail.......

if life could run on probabilities then one would not feel the need to work hard at all. okay, let me sit and calculate the probability of getting a 96% on my board exam based on the measure of my hard work throughout the year. if the probability is high, then I'll work towards it, if not, then I'll just drop it and sit at home.

I've been stressing on the 'hard work' point all along. there is 0 probability of being successful in anything if one is not capable of struggling and working hard. if I become an engineer based on the probability of success in that particular field and then do as much hard work as putting up my CV on naukri.com, then where does that leave me?

@bold - not anymore. I can't speak for other countries, but at least in India, just the fact that you're a fresher with a BTech degree doesn't get you anywhere. one has to have that extra something. how many people in the 10 lakh people who apply for engineering every year have that extra something? more than 50% of them are the kings and queens of the art called 'cramming' with 0 intellect of their own, churned out by our wonderful schooling system. 

if every aspiring writer/musician/dancer/actor/artist started thinking 'practically' then there would be no writers/musicians/dancers/artists in this world.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RiddhiBtulipbaby53

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged

Edited by blue-ice - 15 February 2011 at 10:13pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RiddhiB

fusion13

fusion13

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:53am | IP Logged
if u take up ur passion as a profession then life is more like a bed of roses......but alas most of the time its not the same.......

souro

souro

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:14am | IP Logged
CZ - Speculation
BI - Hedging

People choose according to their risk appetite.

casper2blue-ice

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged

Edited by blue-ice - 15 February 2011 at 10:13pm

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:29pm | IP Logged

Passion and Aptitude should both be considered in selection, according to Robinson in his book The Element ( How finding your passion changes everything.)
Apptitude is ablility and talent which may come about with training and experience.

Quote:

Aptitude-Passion Chart

To help explain how Robinson uses the "Element" in his book, I have created the chart below. When you look at the chart, you will find four quadrants representing the intersection of the concepts of having a passion and an aptitude for doing something.

The%20Element.jpg

Students, for example, represented by quadrant Q 1 are not in very good shape because they lack the passion and aptitude for doing something. We obviously try to help students avoid this, but too often it happens and this lack of interest and aptitude have consequences that are all too familiar.

If you move along the "aptitude" axis from left to right, you will find quadrants representing students who have developed greater proficiency at something, and depending on the level of passion they have developed for doing it, we can assign them to quadrant Q 2 or Q 4 on the chart. In quadrant Q 2 students are able to do something, but they don't enjoy doing it. Whereas Q 4 represents students who have arrived at an enviable state of having a passion for what they are good at doing. These students are similar to Colonel Collins and the men and women Robinson profiles in his book.

Quadrant Q 3 represents students who have a passion for something for which they have not yet developed an aptitude. Only time will tell if they can develop an aptitude that would allow us to assign them to quadrant Q 4.

RiddhiBcasper2

Amour_Reet

Goldie

Amour_Reet

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 10:31am | IP Logged
there are a lot of wise posts here ..i feel shy to speak up ...

but still i wanna express something that i feel..

everyone should hav a passion ....it makes u confident and satisfied ...writing is such a thing u can fight ur depression and enjoy ur glee......and there is no certain limit that passion will be only one...

achiever is the one....when he/she does one job does it perfectly and from heart ...all that needs keeping an eye on the perfection ...no half hearted job ...when i feel like to study i study a lot ,...when i dont i write ... ...all u have to do utilise ur good time...when u are dedicating it to something ...
 time balance is an easy art ......if u are doing it with heart ...n hardwork ....if u love it u will not get tired..and if u r enjoyin u will be able to concentrate...and that will tak less time to grab it ...

one should never refrain herself from the job she is craving to do ....it will make her tired in the other job ..cause she might not keep her enjoyment sustained in that subject .....and specially nothing is impossible if u want it from heart ...

a sense of disatisfaction will linger in your mind.....that will be of no help...

because one time u might regret ...why dint u give it a try ...!..that might be u cud handle the both ....y going for the one...

a lil less time in other activities....a lil less time that we waste on tv or gossip chatting partying ... (as general ..no offence to neone..) and spending that amount of  time on ur passion when u are not studying .....might be the key ...!!

i m saying so cause   ...i m myself doing mbbs .....well i got 76 % with an hons  in last mbbs exam ...as well i spent a good enuff time in writing fanfics ...
i m obsessed with both .....i can manage...i guess so ,....fingers crossed ..!!

well this is the first time i m in debate area....so i dnno ..how m i sounding ...no heavy words...just simple pov of mine...

Edited by maanmeet_Reet - 19 February 2011 at 10:50am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top