PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 13 years ago
National youth day is celebrated in India on Jan 12 which is the birthday  of Swami Vivekananda

πŸ₯³WISH ALL CBIANS A VERY HAPPY YOUTH DAY.πŸ₯³

The day 12th January, the National Youth Day is commemorated in India. This is the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. He is born on 12th Jan 1863. He lived merely 39 years.

Swami Vivekananda is a colossal philosopher. He is motivation to the youth, the incarnation of Indian ethnicity and astuteness.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, the Master of Swami Vivekananda. Sri Ramakrishna teaches Swami Vivekananda to give lectures and writings about Indian Spiritual Culture. He wants to incite plentiful youth associations, learning surrounds and overhaul assignments concerning the youth.

In the year 1984, the Government of India is proclaimed that Swami Vivekananda birthday is renowned as 'National Youth Day' from 1985. The Government of India stated that the allusion 'the attitude of Swamiji and the principles that he stayed alive and worked could be an enormous source of appreciation for the Indian Youth'.

SOME OF HIS INTERESTING SAYINGS

Beware of everything that is untrue. Stick to truth and we shall succeed.
Fifty centuries are looking on you, the future of India depends on you. Work on.."

Choose the highest ideal and live your life upto that. Look
at the "ocean" and not at the wave.
- National Youth Day Quotes by Swami Vivekananda

Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man.

Struggle hard to get money, but don't get attached to it.

Each soul is potentially divine.

Work, work, work - let this be your motto.

Be a hero. Always say, "I have no fear".

Feel that you are great and you become great.

Death being so certain, it is better to die for a good cause.

Your country reqires heroes, be heroes!

All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
Swami Vivekananda

All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
Swami Vivekananda

As different streams having different sources all mingle their waters in the sea, so different tendencies, various though they appear, crooked or straight, all lead to God.
Swami Vivekananda

Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
Swami Vivekananda

External nature is only internal nature writ large.
Swami Vivekananda

GOD is to be worshipped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.
Swami Vivekananda

Hope it will interest u all as its a general topic

Edited by chalhov - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chipak thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks Putija for the post and great quotes..

Happy BirthDay to Swami Vivekananda and Happy Youth Day to all CBians.

I feel immense pleasure coming to forum after days and seeing this first thread on Swami Vivekananda. He as we all know a great visionary, a courageous monk enlightening world on greatness of India and above all spreading humanity..man of words he followed the path of his teacher Ramkrishana Parmahansa. I would feel blessed if someday i can say i managed to have even 0.001 percent of insight these great scholars had..

A blind person once asked Swami Vivekananda: "Can there be anything worse than loosing eye sight?" He replied: "Yes, loosing your vision!"

Some info. On his life and works...

http://www.frankreport.com/Vivekananda/Vivekananda.html

http://www.ramakrishnavivekananda.info/vivekananda/volume_1/vol_1_frame.htm

Some of his Quotes

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/swami_vivekananda/
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wish CBIANS a happy National Youth Day!!
SushSathisha thumbnail

wish you all happy national youth day

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Seema nice seeing u welcome back where were u πŸ˜ƒ thanks for the info and linksπŸ˜ƒ
gauranitai thumbnail
Happy National Youth Day to all CBians!!
JustShanta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

National Youth Day ,
dedicated to me   πŸ‘

next post, seriously !

Edited by JustShanta - 13 years ago
JustShanta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Selected Teachings of Swami Vivekananda

My ideal, indeed, can be put into a few words, and that is: to preach unto mankind their divinity, and how to make it manifest in every movement of life.

Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man.

We want that education by which character is formed, strength of mind is increased, the intellect is expanded, and by which one can stand on one's own feet.

So long as the millions live in hunger and ignorance, I hold every man a traitor who, having been educated at their expense, pays not the least heed to them.

Whatever you think, that you will be.  If you think yourselves weak, weak you will be; if you think yourselves strong, strong you will be.

If you have faith in all the three hundred and thirty millions of your mythological gods, ' and still have no faith in yourselves, there is no salvation for you. Have faith in yourselves, and stand up on that faith and be strong; that is what we need.

Strength, strength it is that we want so much in this life, for what we call sin and sorrow have all one cause, and that is our weakness. With weakness comes ignorance, and with ignorance comes misery.

The older I grow, the more everything seems to me to lie in manliness. This is my new Gospel.

Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success, and above all, love.

Religion is realization; not talk, not doctrine, nor theories, however beautiful they may be. It is being and becoming, not hearing or acknowledging; it is the whole soul becoming changed into what it believes.

Religion is the manifestation of the Divinity already in man.

Teach yourselves, teach everyone his real nature, call uon the sleeping soul and see how it awakes. Power will come, glory will come, goodness will come, purity will come, and everything that is excellent will come when this sleeping soul is roused to self-conscious activity.

They alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive.

This is the gist of all worship ' to be pure and to do good to others.

It is love and love alone that I preach, and I base my teaching on the great Vedantic truth of the sameness and omnipresence of the Soul of the Universe.

Edited by JustShanta - 13 years ago
avina_forever thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
😊😊😊 I Wish CBIANS and IF Members a happy National Youth Day!!!!!!!  πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š
MysteryGirl101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wish all CBians a happy national youth day!!!!!!!!!