Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hussainramso thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: starlight123

Sorry to interrupt, but the mentality of man being a woman's possession exists in all society.  I just think it is more hidden in western societies and only we become aware is when a case comes to the attention of the media.

i was about  to say something similar then saw your post....................Hillbillies in the U.S wouldn't allow the wife to walk out so easily
hussainramso thumbnail

Originally posted by: tanthya

Man by nature is possessive,territorial and aggressive plus Polygamous ..While Women are not reactive and accept it as their lot in many of the Asian countries...Such notions are resisted and not accepted so easily in the western society ...I do not say there is resistance always but neither is acceptance meek..

Tanths have you been to UtahπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
tanthya thumbnail

This does not bode well if Jaswant is already tired after a couple of months of being in the forefront.  To me the promo just does not have the intensity of what it should be.  If you compare with the other gun promo [Krishna finding the truth about Angad], that had so much intensity in it that one was scared as to what will happen next.  With this promo, one is not inspired.  Jaswant is not to blame alone, PG is wooden in this promo.

All were below Par, Star ...It required 5 actors to give the depth ..how can  a single actor  carry  the whole scene ..In the Krishna promo...It required Krishna to show his sense of betrayal and AB excelled ..and also credit should be given to teh guy who directed it..the lighting, camera placement was superb ..All PG had to do was STAND Petrified which she did ..It was Krishna , who had to emote..and AB did ..whereas in this scene Aarushi had to show fear, Pratigya anger, Kesar pain ,fear and anger,GD disapproval and Shakthi menace and rage...And None came through prolly bec Director was distracted or was not able to push them..
-Sheena- thumbnail

Man by nature is possessive,territorial and aggressive plus Polygamous ..While Women are not reactive and accept it as their lot in many of the Asian countries...Such notions are resisted and not accepted so easily in the western society ...I do not say there is resistance always but neither is acceptance meek..

You will be surprised that so many in western society lives as part of fringe society. It may not be excepted but their way of life is continuing and still flourishing.  For them time has stood still and their thinking and beliefs are equivalent to Takurs.  It is all hidden but if you dig deeper human relationships and mentality are no different from any nations.
tanthya thumbnail

Originally posted by: yummimommy

Tanths have you been to UtahπŸ˜†

Never Hun..Have you got ur own Thakur's there ??πŸ˜ƒ
-Sheena- thumbnail

Tanths have you been to UtahπŸ˜†

Sorry to regress, but does not Utah have some of the most conservative laws that prevail and followed.  No drinking and divorce is considered a sin or something.
hussainramso thumbnail

Never Hun..Have you got ur own Thakur's there ??πŸ˜ƒ

A lot of Mormons live there . They are polygamous. Infact have you seen the show Big  Love? I haven't seen it but I have heard it is about polygamous famiies in Utah. I believe it is critically acclaimed😊
tanthya thumbnail

You will be surprised that so many in western society lives as part of fringe society. It may not be excepted but their way of life is continuing and still flourishing.  For them time has stood still and their thinking and beliefs are equivalent to Takurs.  It is all hidden but if you dig deeper human relationships and mentality are no different from any nations.

If truth be known, Then I would say that the social fabric in western civilization is coming apart ..they are caught up in materialistic acquisition  and the  relationships, social norms are getting frayed ... and alarmingly ..this so called developed nations are becoming intolerant and propagating blind superstition ,religious beliefs and frowning down on science and its development ..It is very scary  to picture a scenario where one day a religious zealot is made responsible for the nuclear arsenal...

and yes, I have heard of another community in US..which is tighly knit ..and incest is rampant ..Ames  or amity ..does that still exist ..news about them broke about  3-4 years back..
Filza. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

yes  Tanths sis, we have heard of cases like killing in the name of honor, chopping heads, noses, hands, beating, and other such horrific incidents which is violence and is worse of course..  but though Thakurs are wrong in their ways of dealing with women, like beating them and considering them 'pair ki jooti' and all that nonsense but dont you think what SS said that they are the prestige and honor of the house is actually not that bad a thought... i mean if taken in the other sense which many feudal families do, its also like giving them (women) respect...  i know Thakurs have a really sick mentality and  by honor, prestige they are not even thinking about giving them respect and they probably mean they can just do anything with women.. but i have seen such families similar to Thakurs who consider their women the honor of the house and for that reason give them a lot of respect and are treated in a very good way.... not all such families are bad, there are types here as well.. 

and what is bad about being possessive.. in a good way doesn't that also shows you care..  i like how K is so possessive of her, that side of his isn't seen much these days, but when they weren't married yet.. i loved his reactions to Angad and how he was jealous of Nitin.... yes considering them  your property and thinking you can just do anything with her is wrong... being possessive and over protective is not something too too weird..  πŸ˜•πŸ˜³  
Edited by Filza.T - 13 years ago

tanthya thumbnail

A lot of Mormons live there . They are polygamous. Infact have you seen the show Big  Love? I haven't seen it but I have heard it is about polygamous famiies in Utah. I believe it is critically acclaimed😊

I have seen Bold and Beautiful with its Spouse swap's, incest's,Adultery, illegitimate Sons ...ufffff...ur head whirls by the time u work out the relationship between two characters..I mean

Is A , XYZ'S Brother since both share same Father or is XYZ, A's Son since A is now married to XYZ's Mother ???It was many such puzzle that I did not want to work out..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†