CID

India-Forums

CID
CID

DOTW:Parallel tracks in CID episodes (Page 3)

suhani.cipamisa IF-Sizzlerz
suhani.cipamisa
suhani.cipamisa

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Hmm. I was avoiding this thread because there has come a jinx on me. The moment I comment, either the thread becomes more avoided or i become overlooked. Not that I blame anyone, but this has happened again and again. Once upon a time I was wanted here, but these days only my own buddies want my presence, also half of them being away.

Anyway. Since Vizzy has keenly requested me to comment, I am commenting-- but at the risk of this thread.

I am not against parallel cases actually. As long as they are managed properly they actually show how a team like CID carries on while the main theme of the series goes on. Life doesnt stop when an officer is in danger or something personal comes up. 

However, if the series cases drag on meaninglessly and with melodrama, and if the parallel cases dont hold attention, then it means FW has lost the art of series with parallel cases. As long as the parallel cases dont intimidate and hinder with the main series, its fine.

Let us take the series of the past. Abhijeet in Danger case was carried on as a background in Haunted Building case and Unknown Conspiracy case. Both the parallel cases managed to keep our anticipation and were thrilling. They were also short so that we could see what was going on with Aditi's investigation and Abhijeet's final release from guilt.

Code Banjara managed to be a small series. It started as a background of Abhijeet Sawant Under Arrest case and became a full fledged case with Code Banjara case, and ended with Daya coming back in the beginning of Mysterious Truck case. There was an easy flow despite parallel cases.

The very well known Face Off series and Trail In London series had only one parallel case and managed to keep suspense throughout. 

Besides this we saw several subplots running alongside parallel cases, which did not drag too much and which ended as soon as they ended. Such as Anjalika-Acp issue, Daksh's brother issue etc. The subplots were not really important in comparison to the main cases going on. However many people got bored with Daksh's brother issue because it was dragged too far.

Then, when Acp Ajathasathru's Special Cid Bureau episodes came up, we saw several crossovers. Cases of the two branches, alongside subplots and parallel cases served to be confusing. Here the concept of parallel cases failed. Many people preferred watching cid or vice versa- for them such cross overs were wierd chiefly because they missed out on various elements and clues in the plots and cases. A notable example or two- Anokha Inteqam and Mad Bomber.

In 2010 we saw the return of series concept, after some years of singles. It is now observed that the audience having got changed, the times being different and the FW having lost its art of storytelling, the whole concept of series with parallel cases has failed. Though I personally dont mind series with parallel cases, the AC and AKAKR series have shown that poor parallel cases coupled with melodrama or confusing series plots have dragged the audience's patience to the uppermost limit.

Poor handling of stories shows that the concept of parallel cases should be done with. What is needed is an extremely talented and skilful writer-director team in order to ensure a successful series coupled with parallel cases.

A few more words before u get bored... In AC, we saw various loopholes in the series plots and further confusion added by mudane cases of parallel running (which are really upto ordinary police to solve). Also the well known adage "Too many cooks spoil the broth" has been proved correct. Too many writers and directors have resulted in a failure. In AKAKR, we can see the same results.

The series themselves, if put together leaving out parallel cases, have failed due to innumerable loopholes and faults.

Well, Vizzy, here is my comment.... 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sayhi2suaway_from_TVShagnikaChiinnuNandiniRaizadaavisrom

Chiinnu IF-Sizzlerz
Chiinnu
Chiinnu

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:21am | IP Logged
You are always 'wanted' suhani...why you feel so. Good review.
anonymous7 IF-Rockerz
anonymous7
anonymous7

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
the timing problm in special bureau crossovers were the main.

i didn't see anokha intequam, but mad bomber will always remain as one of the all time best cases of cid to me.
nehadb27 Goldie
nehadb27
nehadb27

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:23am | IP Logged
u r completely right suhaani

IN my opinion parallel stories nowadays are not handled well although there r some exceptions too but they are rare

specialy this AKA series is hurting more than anything Cry
and in the end they come with the same khulasaa "it was our plan- our trap"
I am fadeup of this excuse
it seems so much unrealistic to carry so long drama
I really wish the old golden days come back soon

also the dialogues are not up to the mark
In 21st jan's(yesterday's) epi sometimes Abhi sir talk to ACP sir very hardly and some times he was normal in the same circumstances in one dialogue he said ACP to acp sir and next dialogue he said ACP Sir

I was just going through older threads and found a thread where ppl said that dialouge writers are writing dialogues as if they dont know our trio I completely agree with this
I am very disappointed with dialogue writers

Go to top