CID

India-Forums

CID
CID

DOTW:Parallel tracks in CID episodes (Page 2)

KS_Minion Viewbie
KS_Minion
KS_Minion

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shagnika

In the Abhijeet in Danger series,  we can see parallel khooni stories and Abhijeet and Daya carrying on investigation as if nothing has happened. Aditi was digging into this issue in the background. Don't you all think if the same series were shown now, we would be annoyed that it is going on for a month and a half? Wouldn't we be annoyed with the parallel tracks?
Hmm.. Thats a good question. The main difference between then and now is ( I suppose), we didnt have a promo showing just the last scene where Aditi points at Abhijeet before the episode. If it was so, I am sure people would have got annoyed seeing the whole episode and landing with only one impactful scene keeping in mind the promo of the day.
These days, we see a special promo made for the entire series(which is just to give a vivid idea about the series) and then the inidividual promos showing the only important and related scene of the episode. We wait for that one scene for 1 long hour..and find it only in the last 5 minutes of the episode. Isnt that annoying?
And moreover, in the rest of the khooni story, sometimes the team behaves as if nothing is actually going on in the background !! Af if they had a split personality sort of thing. One minute back they were crying for their mates, and next minute they are making fun of some khooni !! I wished, they could relate their own stories well !!

About Abhijeet-Shruti, we have made a short movie consisting of only the Shruti track and don't bother about the parallel tracks now. But back then were we not in suspense, watching the khooni mask and bad blood episodes just to see what's happening to Abhijeet?
Do you think such background stories should be shown at all?
Even today, we wait eagerly for fridays and saturdays(inspite of knowing that there will be worse khooni stories than KHOONI MASK and BAD BLOOD) in order to know whats exactly going to happen in the series. In the past, we surely felt annoyed to see the parallel tracks, but due to lack of platform we didnt open up. Otherwise, why would have someone made that special movie only having the Abhi-Shruti scenes?

From a  viewers point of view, I would say I sometimes like the background stories, considering the fact that they involve the personal lives of the characters. Such stories give the actors a lot of scope to show their talents and makes us know the characters well. But that doesnt mean that we should have them every month in a show like CID. we are here for crime investigation, not emotional drama all the time. On top of it, Abhi-Shruti was completely one officer centric, whereas AC and also AKAKR to a large extent involve the entire team. Officer centric episodes can be kept in the background as it involves just the personal life. But when the team gets involved, showing them in the background becomes slightly illogical.

Do you think that instead of embedding this main story into lacklustre khooni stories, they should make  2 hour special episodes once in a while on the lines of Behrupiya?
The best thing about CID is its one episode-one day format which attracts more and more viewers who cannot always watch series which require time and regularity. So, finishing off an episode in one day is always better. IMO, the 2 hour special episodes are interesting.They give a "movie" feeling at the end of the day. A complete exciting and interesting episode. In those  hours, we end up going through a lot of emotions and not left with confused minds at the end. The loose ends are also sorted out easily if its a single episode. Even from the writers point of view, it becomes clear !! Mistakes like AC-9 would not have occurred so easily if it was a single episode written by a single writer. So many writers trying to combine their efforts and working style lands up to a mess at times !!!!

But yes, from TRPS point of view, it doesnt solve the problem in the long term. So, we know why we have these background stories all the time, and why we have channel promoting them most often.

Would you have liked it if Behrupiya was split into parts and embedded within several khooni stories and stretched over 5-6 weeks?
NEVER !!! I already hate them for extending the last scene to the next week and giving us nightmares all throughout the week !! The entire episode continued for weeks would have been DeadDeadDead. I am so glad that FW didnt get this idea during those days or else i wouldnt have been alive till date !!

Overall, if you ask me, its obvious why FW and Sony goes for series. It helps them fetch TRPs for sometime. At least much more than the Khooni stories. I wont be surprised if we get more of such scary series even in the future !! Its after all all about "MONEY" !! If they could at least not promote the background story much, the effect on us would have been less. Promos create tension more than excitement for crazy fans like us !! And misleading promos add to the wounds and annoy us further !! but WHO cares?

Hear. Hear. I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't think I have much more to add based on your analysis. Clap

I just want to say one thing about the AC series though. I felt that all the episodes were really good. It showed that even though CID was under threat, they continued their normal day-to-day work. The only part that I didn't like was the last episode. They never showed how CID escaped from the building when they were strapped to the chairs with bombs. Thumbs Up Confused

priya_sparsha IF-Rockerz
priya_sparsha
priya_sparsha

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
You know honestly I dont mind parallel tracks as long as they do justice to the main series by concentrating on for few minutes in each episode. As we all know, problem is not sudden, its a process. Therefore, I dont mind parellel tracks. Because we dont get to see the depth of each characters involved in main series whether the track is on Daya's shaadi or accusation on Abhijit. Life or work doesnt stop on one officer's problem.But I want FW to show everything as spontaneous and not preplanned( regarding main series).

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KS_Minion

pushpop.chat Newbie
pushpop.chat
pushpop.chat

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Completely agree with Shagnika. I think the emphasis of background story in promo is a problem and most probabaly Sony is behind this rather FW. If you see other promos as well like Jhalak, Adalat, they are complete giveaways and to top it all the frequency is also irritatingly high. Few years back, the focus of the promo was lack of evidence, or some inherent difficulty in solving the case, the viewers saw that as a +ve as how CID would solve the case finally ?

KS_Minion

Shagnika IF-Rockerz
Shagnika
Shagnika

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged
Why are people avoiding this thread this time? Ouch
visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Unhappy
ankitsinghal_89 Newbie
ankitsinghal_89
ankitsinghal_89

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:24am | IP Logged
Well Guys, This post is my first post here.I was looking to post something here ever since I came across this forum but couldn't do so.

Well, As far as the topic of "Parallel Stories in CID" is concerned, I have absolutely no problem with that..I truly believe that to sustain its previous years charm (which is almost lost now) CID truly need "Innovation" in coming months.There just has been too many countless occasions now when I slept in the middle of the show.

I always believed even during the initial CID days that parallel stories could be a good idea as CID can of course work on multiple cases simultaneously  but looking at the way this concept is being handled at present, I can just pray for CID.

To handle the parallel stories is no kid's work.It needs matured and expert hands (BP Singh Sir for sure) and not someone who can't even handle a single episode maturely. As BP Singh sir is not directing anymore, and judging by the way single story episodes are going I think handling parallel cases is out of reach for current team and that too by a distance.

Going a bit off - topic here:

I also think that it is high time now CID should start to focus on different kind of crime cases and not just showing Murders, Khoons, Body Parts, Impossible methods of committing murder. etc..For God's sake please stop making a fool of us.
They can show show many other kinds of crime cases like they used to show earlier..

I am not being offensive here and hurt anyone but someone should tell FW that please do not make ACP Sir to shout, it is too irritating when he gets hyper and say "Bataoon mujhe, kyuun kiyaaa tumne iskaa khoooon".Compare him with the old episodes, you will understand what i am trying to say. And also if FW can't make Freddy Sir behave properly, please don't ask him to make a fool of himself always in every episode.

And at last Can anyone justify to me "How the title of the current series is apt and true seeing how the episodes has turned out so far"??This reflects the true state CID is in Presently.

Saying all these negative things,for me the only good thing left in CID is Abhi Sir and Daya Sir.They truly are Rockstars carrying CID on their own shoulders.

Sorry if i disappointed and hurt anyone with my post..
But I think most of you will agree with me.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.fahmivisrom

NandiniRaizadaa IF-Stunnerz
NandiniRaizadaa
NandiniRaizadaa

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:28am | IP Logged
ankitsinghal_89  there is lots to post here. Its a lively forum

Well I dont like PKs either, especially if they are givimg us doses of Abhijit Phasao tactices.

About insensitivity shown by other members to the collegue in danger, the logic is investigation must go on.

I dont like to see Abhijit in peoblem though, and uthers behaving normal like in revenge of the criminal, last scene made it up though

visrom

dr.fahmi Goldie
dr.fahmi
dr.fahmi

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Running parallel cases is not a issue imo. Hyped up promos and the way series is handled are actual issues. I have no idea about the promos for abhijit shruti, abhijit in danger etc series, but those plots even running in background were handled well. Watching those series with their respective episodes do make us concerned about duo, but not emotionally tortured, and i m sure i would have enjoyed them at the time they were on aired, even if those series had run for a month or more.
Promos here are supposed to give up an idea about, how next episode is going to be, but with a series running, now promos are only about parallel stories running in background, and we loose interest in the actual case for that episode. Similarly there are no titles for the main cases now. We had AC1 to 9 with 5 or 6 parallel khoni stories in between, and i can hardly recall any, what was in them.
Now whatever the ending was, its a separate discussion, but imo with hyped up promo, as a series, AC started of and continued well till AC8. Parallel stories sidelined main series, but it was not much annoying, and only thing which was disturbing, was cid members not being bothered about their colleagues, and were busy in other cases as if nothing has happened. Daya's marriage series was not that bad in begining, parallel cases were highlighted in promo initially, but again promo and purana formula of 'sub natak tha' ruined it. Now its worsened in AKAKR. Hyped up promo, followed by unnecessarily stretched series, and more than any progress in the series, its emotional hatiyachar going on with every new episode, to such an extent that we are unable to understand what was going on in parallel case. Frankly i have lost interest in the series now.
With lack of good stories FW is unable to keep high TRPs, and they want it back, and thus are using misleading promo and such emotionally disturbing series to keep viewers glued. Being a production house they have the right to decide what they feel is good for their show and to gain TRPs, but probably unknowingly and unwillingly by these tricks they are losing loyal fans.
As shagnika said that best thing about CID show is its one hour story, but i dont mind watching series in background once in a while, but not like the way it is going on now. And i agree with everyone here that such series should not last longer than 4 or 5 episodes.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

m_kal2011visrom

Go to top