Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? (Page 7)

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by debayon

There is a member called TheUltimate. Pisses the hell outta me.

I don't bother wasting my time with people who use abusive language but it's the members that come up with really stupid posts that annoy me. A couple of days ago there was a pic of an actress with a glass of beer in her hand and someone made a topic about how she had been 'caught' drinking. W*H? I mean it's not like she was trying to hide anything anyway. 

This topic reminds me of this member whose avi was a pic that had been slit or something and was bleeding. It was nasty and they refused to change it.
It's not that the person I'm talking about uses abusive language...he really is very sly and uses his indepth knowledge in sarcasm to annoy people.

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:39pm | IP Logged

I don't bother wasting my time with people who use abusive language but it's the members that come up with really stupid posts that annoy me. A couple of days ago there was a pic of an actress with a glass of beer in her hand and someone made a topic about how she had been 'caught' drinking. W*H? I mean it's not like she was trying to hide anything anyway. 

This topic reminds me of this member whose avi was a pic that had been slit or something and was bleeding. It was nasty and they refused to change it.
It's not that the person I'm talking about uses abusive language...he really is very sly and uses his indepth knowledge in sarcasm to annoy people.

There are members like that everywhere! On the SRGMP and DID forum there's a member like that too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Alright people, focus on the subject please. This is again digressing into chat.

debayon

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

There are members like that everywhere! On the SRGMP and DID forum there's a member like that too.

Haha yeah what tulip said. There's someone like that on DID and it annoys me more than anything and I used to get worked up about it but what's the point when it's just some guy that thinks he's a smartass posting comments like that on an online forum? Eventually you learn to respond to them in the language that they understand. ;)

Debu no joke there are places where that girl/guy would get slapped for saying something like that. Best way to respond to that would be to quote one of their posts where they've slipped up or where there's a typo and then lecture that person on the 'basics of the language'.

@tulip: You know? How? I don't think I've ever seen you around that forum?

tulipbaby53

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:30pm | IP Logged

Well to reiterate my point I think we should all maintain our IDs as far as possible unless we have very good grounds. I hate to see  the withdrawal of some IDs ( eventhough this is a cyber world).

Some IDs I miss due to their long lay off are ( some do appear once in a blue moon):

1. Kuhu or Koel

2. ROA

3. King Kal

4. Middy

5. Gumsum

6. Antar

7. Cloddy Bhai

8.Google Bhai

9. Mr. K

10. POH

11. Nazia

12. Empty

13. Krystal

14. Shehzaadi

15.  Angel

Recently Gauri too has decided to call it a day.

Personally I do not care how many IDs a person has so long as they do not cause problems or confusion. But since the Forum rules only allow one ID , we should just stick to the rules.

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Well to reiterate my point I think we should all maintain our IDs as far as possible unless we have very good grounds. I hate to see  the withdrawal of some IDs ( eventhough this is a cyber world).

Who decides what the grounds should be? People who leave have their own grounds. I'm sure when people choose to move on, they have thought it through. Unless of course they are wafflers or trouble makers.

Anyway, most people you listed are merely inactive on the forums extensively for other priorities. Some communicate with friends on a regular basis. Its just a forum, to each their own, live on, move on.

Autumn.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Summer3

Who decides what the grounds should be? People who leave have their own grounds. I'm sure when people choose to move on, they have thought it through. Unless of course they are wafflers or trouble makers.

Anyway, most people you listed are merely inactive on the forums extensively for other priorities. Some communicate with friends on a regular basis. Its just a forum, to each their own, live on, move on.

yep we are evolving and got to live in the present.
The forum is like a pub, where we order our larger beer and exchange views and news.

Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:15am | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I see even in this forum there are a few MIDs, and they should be banned. I don't see any reason for tolerance, but I'm not trying to undermine authority, just stating my opinion.

Oh and when people get banned it says how they have been temporarily banned. So, does that mean that their ID will get activated again, meaning there is no permanent ban? 

Tulip, if you see an MID please report your suspicions so DT can investigate. IF does not tolerate more than one ID at a time. As you know though, due to multiple IPs and spoofing it is not always feasible to identify MID clearly. If a previously banned member returns, then it depends if they are still misbehaving or they have changed.

All bans are meant to be 'temporary'. Temporary means that if the ban is in error, or if the self-banned member wishes to return; then admin can reinstate account. I'm not sure how it works or if its been done before. Unfortunately, no one bothers with it and just comes back with new ID ' so I don't know much about reinstatement. Some forums have permanent bans, I'm not sure if IF does.There used to be a deactivation function. I have not seen it used for almost two years now. I think either Vijay removed it or the current GM/CM are not familiar with it.

Yeah, I usually do report them, but it's so irritating because then they come back with another ID and another. If some of them are using the same IP address, I wonder if there's a way to ban their IP? 

How can a person who requested their account to be banned get it reinstated if their account is banned?
Good question. I had been thinking the same

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

~~~~tulipbaby53

Go to top