Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? (Page 5)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I see even in this forum there are a few MIDs, and they should be banned. I don't see any reason for tolerance, but I'm not trying to undermine authority, just stating my opinion.

Oh and when people get banned it says how they have been temporarily banned. So, does that mean that their ID will get activated again, meaning there is no permanent ban? 

Tulip, if you see an MID please report your suspicions so DT can investigate. IF does not tolerate more than one ID at a time. As you know though, due to multiple IPs and spoofing it is not always feasible to identify MID clearly. If a previously banned member returns, then it depends if they are still misbehaving or they have changed.

All bans are meant to be 'temporary'. Temporary means that if the ban is in error, or if the self-banned member wishes to return; then admin can reinstate account. I'm not sure how it works or if its been done before. Unfortunately, no one bothers with it and just comes back with new ID – so I don't know much about reinstatement. Some forums have permanent bans, I'm not sure if IF does.There used to be a deactivation function. I have not seen it used for almost two years now. I think either Vijay removed it or the current GM/CM are not familiar with it.

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I see even in this forum there are a few MIDs, and they should be banned. I don't see any reason for tolerance, but I'm not trying to undermine authority, just stating my opinion.

Oh and when people get banned it says how they have been temporarily banned. So, does that mean that their ID will get activated again, meaning there is no permanent ban? 

Tulip, if you see an MID please report your suspicions so DT can investigate. IF does not tolerate more than one ID at a time. As you know though, due to multiple IPs and spoofing it is not always feasible to identify MID clearly. If a previously banned member returns, then it depends if they are still misbehaving or they have changed.

All bans are meant to be 'temporary'. Temporary means that if the ban is in error, or if the self-banned member wishes to return; then admin can reinstate account. I'm not sure how it works or if its been done before. Unfortunately, no one bothers with it and just comes back with new ID ' so I don't know much about reinstatement. Some forums have permanent bans, I'm not sure if IF does.There used to be a deactivation function. I have not seen it used for almost two years now. I think either Vijay removed it or the current GM/CM are not familiar with it.

Yeah, I usually do report them, but it's so irritating because then they come back with another ID and another. If some of them are using the same IP address, I wonder if there's a way to ban their IP? 

How can a person who requested their account to be banned get it reinstated if their account is banned?
P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by P1nk

Oh summer Ji, Why Is you leaving? =(

Nah Pink ji I am hereLOL
just requesting members not to leave. They can come back later.

God willing I am here for good.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Summer3

Oh summer Ji, Why Is you leaving? =(

Nah Pink ji I am hereLOL
just requesting members not to leave. They can come back later.

God willing I am here for good.

Inshallah hope everything is fine with you. Aap idar rehna. Bhagne ka kosish mat karna LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

P1nk

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
It can help you cope with the addiction of IF...similar to disabling your FB account...and also many people, for some reason or other, don't want to be associated with this site. I think it is that person's freedom and right to do so.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfreturn_to_hades

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

All bans are meant to be 'temporary'. Temporary means that if the ban is in error, or if the self-banned member wishes to return; then admin can reinstate account. I'm not sure how it works or if its been done before. Unfortunately, no one bothers with it and just comes back with new ID ' so I don't know much about reinstatement. Some forums have permanent bans, I'm not sure if IF does.There used to be a deactivation function. I have not seen it used for almost two years now. I think either Vijay removed it or the current GM/CM are not familiar with it.

IF does Sarina. You know the member I've been telling you about lately? They weren't just banned but their IP address was banned too so now they're not allowed to come back even if they want to. 

If people are finding it hard to deal with their IF addiction then I don't see the harm in requesting a temporary ban. I don't see the point of FB deactivation though because if you want to log in then it lets you to do so as it normally would. :S

I was talking to an older member today and they were telling me how different things were and how their social life is a lot better now after they chose to leave IF.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 12 January 2011 at 7:31pm
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
The mutiple ID nuisance was a person called Tumse in the SRGMP section. She was a bit cranky and came up with over 20 IDs and was very abusive and vulgar too.
Mods had a hard time trying to control her as she copied names of existing members and changed it slightly.
With show ending she disappeared too.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

IF does Sarina. You know the member I've been telling you about lately? They weren't just banned but their IP address was banned too so now they're not allowed to come back even if they want to. 

If people are finding it hard to deal with their IF addiction then I don't see the harm in requesting a temporary ban. I don't see the point of FB deactivation though because if you want to log in then it lets you to do so as it normally would. :S

I was talking to an older member today and they were telling me how different things were and how their social life is a lot better now after they chose to leave IF.

Thats the first time I'm seeing it work on IF. Otherwise most IFians seem well versed in the arts of necromancy.

All this reminds me I should be cutting down IF sometime soon. Actually, the few months I took a leave last year - my time management was impeccable. I got a ton accomplished. Now I feel like I'm walking in circles. Ouch

Go to top