Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? (Page 4)

K.Consciousness Senior Member

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RoadrunnerzMidnight_Shadecricketfan1

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Is this a debate or a chat?

If there is just chit chat about ID's I can merge it to the chat topic. I don't see anything concrete being debated her.

here.

and yeah, I agree.

I also agree. There's no concrete discussion going on here.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by psychoboblehead

Humse poocho bhai .. Whenever I want a change in my username or forget my password, I make a new one and ask the admins to ban my previous id. Laborious at all ?

To be brutally honest, I find that lazy, unethical, and abusive of the system. People who play with multiple identities like that tick me off to no end.

Need a name change. Well sorry too bad, wait until you are eligible for the next name change.
Forgot your password, once, fine too bad let admins reset the old one and boot your new one. Forgot your password, twice, well you are too dumb and careless to have an online moniker.

Even if it is online, all the words and actions are yours and one must make a sincere attempt to take permanent ownership and accountability for it. Personally, I am against with bans or MIDs, whether its temporary, or for the fun/sake of it. Its immature, ridiculous and absurd. I expect people to stick to their identities. If something is pressing in real life, or you find yourself addicted just grow up, be a responsible person and learn not to log in at all. The only self-bans I can respect are if someone is genuinely and seriously ready to leave everything behind and move on forever, or if they have hit a point where they realize past mistakes and assume accountability for themselves.

PS: If there is no concrete debate going on, this will be moved to chat.

I agree with everything you said. Creation of MIDs are ANNOYING. Even if you forget your password, that's just your bad luck. Mostly people create it because they're afraid to say certain things with their real ID, and I find that cowardly and immature. Many times, people create MIDs similar to Dev Team or active members to create confusion, which is also very irritating because everyone knows that they are a FAKE. 

Like in the SRGMP forum there is there are couple of older members of that forum who create MIDs. I think not only their MID, but their original ID should be banned, but I think the CM was having trouble finding who they were (with proof) because they were using different IP addresses. 

I see even in this forum there are a few MIDs, and they should be banned. I don't see any reason for tolerance, but I'm not trying to undermine authority, just stating my opinion.

Oh and when people get banned it says how they have been temporarily banned. So, does that mean that their ID will get activated again, meaning there is no permanent ban? 
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Sarina ji has hit the nail on the head regarding multiple IDs and against those trying to hide behind a wall of ignorance or amnesia. It cannot be happening all the time. Multiple IDs indicate a lack of seriousness and sincerity.
But the topic is mainly about persons wanting to cancell their IDs for good and not about those canceling to come up with a new ID for whatever reasons. There are many who only log in to read and never post anything, these are persons hunting for news n info only. In such cases ID is not needed as there is no contribution. But some may post articles occasionally especially in musical sections.
Personally I think the forum is a great place and in some technical and engineering forums many have received pretty good advice too. Of course the cyber world does have setbacks too. I still receive emails from persons and organizations out to cheat people.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

For a debate you need to have two sides- for and against. Those who have cancelled their IDs can take the for stand and those who havent can take the "against" stand -and there you have a debate LOL
I take the motion against the stand Big smile

Who else in my team LOL

Sunny Bhai generally I am requesting members not to cancel their IDs if they can help it. They can take a long break if needed n always come back another day.
P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Oh summer Ji, Why Is you leaving? =(
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Hello Mr K Sahab. Nice to see you.
I think the Forum does not cater for deactivation, instead these are classified as a ban. Perhaps the Dev Team should do
something about it. POH too requested to be deactivated I believe. So long as a member signs in their accounts remain active, but I do not know over what period. Could be more than 2 years I think.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

Oh summer Ji, Why Is you leaving? =(

Nah Pink ji I am hereLOL
just requesting members not to leave. They can come back later.

Go to top