Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? (Page 23)

sayali_babes Goldie

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:53am | IP Logged
Sayali ji kya khabar hain ?
Kiska chakar mein phas gaye ?LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

krystal_watz

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sayali_babes

Last i checked, this is the INTERNET. An Online forum. People should leave and go as per their disposition, and i dont see any point to this Debate. The only difference that IF has with its over-a-bilion counterparts, is that here the tasks of rational debating go side-along with sharing of personal(in the virtual sense) space and making up of interpeople connections, that sometimes grow to be overly strong and , sometimes, rigid. This is, in my opinion, a characteristic that very few other Discussion sites could boast of. But that does not mean it is anything other than an Internet Discussion portal

In a way, you're right, the members are individuals and it's upto them whether they want to stay here or want to leave. No one should force them to do either (except for banning in case of violation of IF CC).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Discussion so far:
Some people wanted the Mods to conduct something akin to an exit interview. Question is, 'And then what? What would they do with the data?'
The only question that is pertinent is 'Are you leaving because of any forum related issues? If yes, then what issue?' And if it is some forum related issue and if the member's concern is genuine, sure efforts should be made to remedy it.
However, I think Mods already ask this question to those who ask for their profile to be deactivated.

But beyond this, if the reason is personal, what is the use of delving further? If the member has got married and wants to dedicate more time to his/ her new life, what can the Mod do about it? They can't change anything in such a situation, so it's better to just let go. Even the friends of that member can't do anything about it and can at best make sure that they stay in touch through some other medium.

People were also suggesting that, Mods should try to understand why members are leaving the forum. I think, they need a reality check. To understand why members are leaving the forum or a certain section, the Mods will have to actually conduct a study and I think the people who suggested that the Mod do it have no idea how much time and effort and money it can take to conduct such a study. Let me give an idea about what it costs
. Companies spend anywhere around 5% to 10% of their annual marketing budget to find information on what people like about that company and what all the company needs to do to make themselves more attractive, etc. etc. So, big companies actually spend crores of rupees (i.e. millions of dollars) for the information that people over here are suggesting that Mods try and find out for free.

The job of the Mod is to keep the place clean and appropriate. If the interest in the place is sagging then try to revive the place by opening some interesting topics. And that's about it. You can complain if they fail to do that job but expecting them to do some member satisfaction study and finding detailed reasons for churn is unrealistic. That's the job of the salary drawing IF marketing team. Afterall, it's the financial condition of the website that is at stake; so, if anyone, it should be the owner of the website who should pay real money to find out what all are good over here and what all needs to be improved.

Edited by souro - 19 January 2011 at 10:21am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Roadrunnerzkrystal_watzLost-angel-Believe-

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:39am | IP Logged
W*F? Did they deactivate the "Un-like" capacity again?
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:21am | IP Logged
I don't think IF ever had an unlike button like FB.
I guess only in DM people actually put a thought behind which post they are liking and whether it is actually brilliant. Most other sections people just randomly go on liking posts.

Summer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

I don't think IF ever had an unlike button like FB.
I guess only in DM people actually put a thought behind which post they are liking and whether it is actually brilliant. Most other sections people just randomly go on liking posts.

Sometimes it is to indicate it has been read.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Like x 2 = Unlike.
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by krystal_watz

Like x 2 = Unlike.

liked and unliked your post.

liked again for proof.

unliked again, as it wasn't proper proof.

Lost-angel

Go to top