Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? (Page 22)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged

Yes of all the MODs I notice Sarina sis takes the most trouble. It is not a perfect world but we can all try our best to help them too.

Not many want to come forward and take up the task.

Personal differences on many issues are bound to arise and these can best be settled via pm.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veilglace-bleue

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Yes of all the MODs I notice Sarina sis takes the most trouble. It is not a perfect world but we can all try our best to help them too.

Not many want to come forward and take up the task.

Personal differences on many issues are bound to arise and these can best be settled via pm.

sarina is the BEST mod ever. Almost as good as the gamespot Mod who was never there.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_VeilAngel-likeDevil

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by Believe

When I saw Gauri's Banned massage....Honestly I feel sad or something like that feel happend in my mind Cos last few years I realy enjoyed her different comments/thoughts against me/her arguments/debates/Galiya......But She agree with me/hates me or blah blah..I dont mind....Smile
Vinu Bhai I notice that you accomodate all. Is it because of your work in the middle east ?LOL-- If you work anywhere, these kind of things depend upon each persons thoughts/mentality....and I know difference between RL n VL.Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

As far as your solution is concerned, I do think that you have a very high self-esteem to consider that mods on this forum (who possibly take up this responsibility as some form of charity work) actually give a damn as to why members on a forum are leaving. Old members will leave and new members will emerge. Heck, they don't even need to wait for new members to emerge since about half the self-bans lead to those members reemerging themselves!

In my opinion that was a very loose statement for all those who work as volunteers , for charity without charging a dime and yet put their hearts and souls in the work that they do.....
Speaking from my personal experience .....and its over the years that I have been on this forum......each and every single MOD that I've interacted with CARES and gives a damn......they do care to explain their actions.....and even if its not in my favor but I know that they do their best......and I have interacted with several of them........I had left one time over something one time and YES a mod brought me back even though nothing would have changed on this forum if I had left...
Speaking as an HR professional...when there is a mass exodus...the management SHOULD care....its different when the members are going and coming naturally but if one observes that their is a PATTERN....they should care......
When I work without pay...as a volunteer or for charity.....that does not absolve me of my duties or responsibilities...........if I don't care and give a damn.....then I should probably not take up the job...and let someone else do it.......afterall charity is done out of the goodness of ones' heart and not because someone has put a gun to ur head...

I don't think people on a virtual forum need charity - instead, I think charitable donations should be geared towards people in RL. I was just pointing out the fact that mods on this forum do not get paid for the work that they do. It is enough that they moderate the forum as volunteers, and it is not necessary for people to always point fingers at them and accuse them of being biased and not doing their jobs properly - at least not when they aren't doing anything wrong.

You're quite lucky if you've had a moderator go to such great lengths for you, I am sure it was because of friendship and the fact that he/she cared about you at a personal level. Because otherwise, I do not think that running after members to figure out why they've left or what problems they have faced is part of their job description. You may argue that they should care and that it should matter, but that doesn't mean that they do or that they will professionally. Personal matters are an altogether different equation.

Edit- I also wanted to add that you are mixing two different things here. Explaining why he or she is banning you or taking any action against you is, I agree, a moderator's responsibility. However, what we were discussing here previously were self-bans. If you request to deactivate your account or to be banned, why should the mod care? Why should he or she take his/her personal time out to ask you why you are making this decision? It seems rather foolish to me to have such high expectations on a public forum.

First of all...I don't know any of the mods personally.....I wouldn't have given my example had it been due to a personal relationship....i can differentiate between personal and professional acts...
As far as this being a public forum.......it doesn't matter what kind of set up this is.....what matters is that if there is a certain pattern.....even if it is self-bans.....it deserves the attention of the management.......whether they do it or not ...is their choice....this topic was opened by summerji..hence this discussion....
Regarding the use of the word charity......I used it because u mentioned that the mods are doing some kind of charity.....of course we don't need charity....
Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:29am | IP Logged

Members who cancel their IDs on the forum could be doing it for purely personal reasons like wanting to take a break due to some pressing demands in RL. Some may have got over their obsession with the forum and wish to drift away. It may have nothing to do with the forum, the Mod or any member on the forum. But if the reason for wanting to leave has something to do with any of these ,the member could take it up with the Mod or the Devp team. Ideally the PM service is used but this being a debate section I suppose one could post the grievances here to be discussed. I believe there is a section in IF to take up such matters, but I'm not very sure of that.

0ne of friends who had recently self banned temporarily had  informed me about that decision. It had been for personal reasons. There was another who wanted to move on but wished to continue being in touch with some of his IF friends and so provided his contacts. I missed the discussions I used to have with them on IF but I couldnt stop them. It was their wish. Hopefully they will turn up again. When they do I'm sure they will let me know. Till then I am in touch so its not that bad. I too have been taking breaks every now and then . 
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Ah Sunny Bhai we should keep in touch with all persons close to us in real life.
Sadly my dearest IF pal was called back by the MOD upstairs so he left suddenly. Life is unpredictable.
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
*edited to keep OBJ awake*

Edited by return_to_hades - 17 January 2011 at 6:40pm
mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged
*falls asleep*

Go to top