Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? (Page 20)

K.Consciousness Senior Member

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
@ K:

you never replied to me.  you hurt my feelings. Now I won't share my millions 20 years later.

glace-bleue

K.Consciousness Senior Member

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.assglace-bleue

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

Originally posted by old-black-joe

@ K:

you never replied to me.  you hurt my feelings. Now I won't share my millions 20 years later.

millions of what? yen?

no, enron shares. an insider buddy sold em to me for just 5000 rupees. they'll amount to a million shares after bonuses etc

Edited by old-black-joe - 16 January 2011 at 12:40pm

Summer3

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

Ah, I didn't want to come back to this thread again Ajnu, having said everything I wanted to say. I don't do thousands of paragraphs and millions of words. That's not my thing. Brevity is (hopefully).

I did apologize for not replying to individual posts. That's how I opened (what was supposed to be) my last post on this thread. I don't like spelling it all out, like a 4 hour Bollywood movie. My hope is that those who are really interested in knowing what I am saying, will get it right away. May be I am wrong.

At the risk of repeating myself, I pretty much said everything there is to say. It's all there, embedded in my replies.

Since you asked me what my "solution" would be: frankly, it's up to the dev team to handle the matter. If I were a part of that team, I would probably send out follow-up emails to their in-boxes (real email addresses), find out what happened from the mod of that forum, make sure no discussions were uncivil at any point in time, make sure the mod didn't display any bias in handling all events that led up to the departure of an active member and so on. The approach would be just like that of a manager interested in keeping his A-list nice and happy. If it still doesn't work, if members continue to leave, then some policies might have to be reevaluated, feedback has to be obtained, surveys have to be conducted with a little bit of obsequiousness.

As for dismissing others' posts as illogical/mindless/vague: if you could show, in this thread, where I used any of those three words, I wouldn't mind apologizing profusely. Otherwise, I will accept your apology in advance.

There is a difference between keeping things short and to the point while still addressing the issue and outright ignoring someone else's thoughts. You tend to do the latter. You need not reply to each post individually, but that still does not give you any right to dismiss points made by the rest of us in a debate.

As far as your solution is concerned, I do think that you have a very high self-esteem to consider that mods on this forum (who possibly take up this responsibility as some form of charity work) actually give a damn as to why members on a forum are leaving. Old members will leave and new members will emerge. Heck, they don't even need to wait for new members to emerge since about half the self-bans lead to those members reemerging themselves!

Just like you don't need to post "LOL" to signify laughter or humor,  post "Clap" to applaud someone's thoughts or post "Hug" to display warmth, you also don't need to use the words illogical/mindless/vague to mock someone else's posts. Its shows in the pretentious tone with which one writes and in the haughty air in which one carries themselves.

As far as my apology is concerned, if I felt I was wrong in interpreting your pretentious tone in the first place, I wouldn't have made that post. So, please, don't allow yourself into thinking that I'm apologizing. Secondly, although I have given you due respect in the past, unlike some of the others here, I do not worship the ground you walk on. About time you realize that as well.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sourohindu4lyfBeyond_the_Veilreturn_to_hades

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 1:04pm | IP Logged

@Blue-ice: I am replying to you here, lest you too go ballistic on me. My reply is that, discussions of that nature are not terribly important to me to tender an opinion or lean on one side or another.

I don't know why u used the word too.......because I know you choose ur words very carefully.....no I won't go ballistic on u Mr. K unless you give me a reason to do that...I am not a part of any group....

I respect ur decision to not answer my question....just had asked it out of curiosity to know what an intellectual thinks about it...Smile

K.Consciousness

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

As far as your solution is concerned, I do think that you have a very high self-esteem to consider that mods on this forum (who possibly take up this responsibility as some form of charity work) actually give a damn as to why members on a forum are leaving. Old members will leave and new members will emerge. Heck, they don't even need to wait for new members to emerge since about half the self-bans lead to those members reemerging themselves!

In my opinion that was a very loose statement for all those who work as volunteers , for charity without charging a dime and yet put their hearts and souls in the work that they do.....
Speaking from my personal experience .....and its over the years that I have been on this forum......each and every single MOD that I've interacted with CARES and gives a damn......they do care to explain their actions.....and even if its not in my favor but I know that they do their best......and I have interacted with several of them........I had left one time over something one time and YES a mod brought me back even though nothing would have changed on this forum if I had left...
Speaking as an HR professional...when there is a mass exodus...the management SHOULD care....its different when the members are going and coming naturally but if one observes that their is a PATTERN....they should care......
When I work without pay...as a volunteer or for charity.....that does not absolve me of my duties or responsibilities...........if I don't care and give a damn.....then I should probably not take up the job...and let someone else do it.......afterall charity is done out of the goodness of ones' heart and not because someone has put a gun to ur head...

K.ConsciousnessSummer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Ah it is always nice to see friends and members return, reincarnate or reborn. Thanks to Mr K Resurrected for saying hello. It felt great also to see old friend King ji or KAL. Unfortunate that some old buddies have disappeared but perhaps a long lay off has caused them to forget their own password like my good friend Born ConfusedLOL
I notice that a new name and a new face does change things like a person acting differently when wearing an army uniform. Not that wearing the garb if a monk makes us any holier but it does make some difference and affect public perception.
But it is good that many on long protracted hiatus still keep their ID and an occasional pm meets a response.

Edited by Summer3 - 16 January 2011 at 4:18pm

Roadrunnerzglace-bleue

Go to top