Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? (Page 19)

Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad?
Let me have another look at it, some random thoughts:

- Its bad for IF if members leave,
- but good for members who leave as they could spend more time in the real world.
- It may be good for those members who want to take on a new ID discarding the old to start afresh
- Also gr8 for the ego of members who like to see the impact their leaving the forum may create
- Its bad for the other members if they were close or thought they were close to those members but the members chose to ignore them while leaving
- Its good for those members who disliked the members who left and are probably rejoicing at their departure ( temporary ?)

Could only come up with these few

crazybobblehead Senior Member

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

K.Consciousness

Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by old-black-joe

"Goodbyes in real life are difficult enough - let's not make virtuality just as full of emotional baggage and life-long regrets and disappointments. "

So how does one train their mind to do that?

Detachment. You have been here so long that you should already have trained yourself to do that. People come and go - it should be upsetting for a day or two and after that you move on. You accept that this forum isn't on anyone's top priority and that people have a lot to do in life. You can't expect them to stop doing what is important to them for your selfish reasons of keeping them here. Same way, always train yourself to remember that when you leave, people might talk about it one or two days and after that they will also move on. The same cycle of life applies here - you just have to train yourself to not make strong emotional attachments.

Having said that, obviously there are a few people that you do consider friends. In that case, it is harder to move on and perhaps you'll find ways to remain connected through other channels. If not, be happy that they've moved on to bigger and better things.
Like every relationship even virtual friendship requires some nurturing. Cant be taking things for granted. Taking initiatives to stay in touch before its too late is not a bad idea
Roadrunnerz Goldie
Roadrunnerz
Roadrunnerz

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by psychoboblehead

ROFL ................ @ the posts of Mr.K ... I think I love him =P

more later.

I m afraid that last post of his was too complicated for me to understand it well Ouch
glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 1:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

• "Uh, hmm, passion or profession huh?! Uh, hmm, it's very important to be a professional but at the same time, pursuing your passion is important too you know. Uh huh! Balance is the key. Yeah!"

Just curious to know Mr. K......what do u think ...passion or profession?
Sorry for going off the topicTongue
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad?
Let me have another look at it, some random thoughts:

- Its bad for IF if members leave,

- but good for members who leave as they could spend more time in the real world.

- It may be good for those members who want to take on a new ID discarding the old to start afresh

- Also gr8 for the ego of members who like to see the impact their leaving the forum may create

- Its bad for the other members if they were close or thought they were close to those members but the members chose to ignore them while leaving

- Its good for those members who disliked the members who left and are probably rejoicing at their departure ( temporary ?)

Could only come up with these few

World is truly full of hellos and good bye.
Whether real world, dream world, spirit world or cyber world, we have to say sayonara one day.
Good deeds can be done in any of these worlds and thus karma cleared.
But it is important that we carry out our worldly duties and responsibilities first.

Edited by Summer3 - 16 January 2011 at 5:16am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Roadrunnerz

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

I apologize for not replying to individual posts.

1. If you seek refuge behind the concept of balance, you could pretty much squash any argument after that. Try that in any topic. You will know what I am talking about.

• "Uh, hmm, passion or profession huh?! Uh, hmm, it's very important to be a professional but at the same time, pursuing your passion is important too you know. Uh huh! Balance is the key. Yeah!"
  • "Uh, hmm, physical love and its necessity huh?! Uh, hmm, physical love is very necessary but at the same time, mental love is very necessary too you know. Uh huh! Balance is the key. Yeah!"

2. If you seek refuge behind the concept of time, you could pretty much squash any argument after that. Try that in any topic. You will know what I am talking about.

• "Uh, hmm, Pakistan's current situation huh?! Uh, hmm, I am sure in time it will be just fine, uh huh! They survived the past you know'"
  • "Uh, hmm, are Indians yet ready huh?! Uh, hmm, I am sure they are now; No? OK. I am sure in time we will be ready, uh huh! We have a great cultural past you know'"
  • "Uh, hmm, is cancellation of IF ID good or bad huh?! Uh, hmm, whatever! You know. I am sure in time it will just be fine, uh huh! We survived the past you know'"

My final thoughts on this topic:

A. Acknowledging the problem is not contingent upon whether or not a fix exists for that problem.
B. Identifying the reasons behind a person's willful departure is not the same as crying buckets for him/her
C. Procrastination doesn't always work.
D. "This too shall pass" could the mantra of a defeatist as well as a Zen practitioner but if you are really a Zen practitioner, you wouldn't exactly be going giddy one minute, solemn next and back to giddy in no time.

You don't have to agree with me, you don't have to reply to my posts, you don't even have to engage in a discussion with me, but your constant dismissal of other people's opinions and/or counterarguments is extremely irritating. If you're going to engage in a discussion, the least you can do is stop dismissing every single point made by someone else as too vague, too illogical, or too mindless.

I asked you several times what exactly you were proposing here for members' whose "loved ones" left IF of their own will, and you chose not to answer each time. That's fine, its your call, but the pretentious tone so commonly found in your posts (even without the use of any emoticons) during a debate is not appreciated at all. About time someone told you this. You've earned a lot of respect from all of us on the forum, the least you can do is give us some of that respect in return.

I have a feeling that you've taken this discussion away from a general one and to a more personal one. If that is the case, then let me use your personal example to reiterate a final point. Whether or not you chose to get yourself banned or not, you were banned some time ago. People were surprised - they talked about it for a day or two. When a member noticed the red writing on your posts, there was a tone of surprise because nobody realized that you had requested that (or some form of that action). But after that, we all got over it. People moved on, discussions continued, debates followed, and although this may surprise you, perhaps even some intellectual discussions occurred in your absence. You came back on your own, nobody (from my knowledge) wrote long letters to call you back nor did they quit the forum because you weren't around anymore. Life moves on even when people go in and out of our lives. Similarly, the forum moves on with or without any one member's presence.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sourohindu4lyfBeyond_the_Veilreturn_to_hades

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
I'm not sure why approaches to forum interactions are being compared to approaches to forum debates. As far as I understood they are two separate realms that ought not be intertwined.

- I don't see the lack of acknowledgment as a problem. Each person acknowledges in their own way. Just because someone did not start a topic on it, does not mean they did not think of it on their own.
- Trying to identify a persons motives behind doing something is just gossip and speculation. If someone genuinely wants to express facts why they or a friend got banned, it should be done clearly. Otherwise I think we ought respect the decisions of others, and not speculate, as we don't know facts.
- I'm not sure how procrastination fits it. Its not putting off for the future. Its just setting other priorities.
- "Life goes on" is a life lesson for all that live, not a special few.

Go to top