Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? (Page 11)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Midnight_Shade

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Summer3

Why wouldn't there be no need to cut off all linkages? And why would that equate to trying to be an island? Don't you think that the time spent on the forum is inversely proportional to the time you spend on "real" world and socializing with people in flesh? Which one's better? Of course the latter, isn't it? Quitting I-F cold turkey is absolutely acceptable, irrespective of the reasons behind doing so. If you ask me, anything goes, so long's you're not losing it here. (yeah, yeah, that's what I'm doing right now but still....LOL)
Kya baat hai. Thanks for dropping by.
Yes Cold Turkey is no good and IF addiction should be cleverly handled.
In office I have a fair bit of time inbetween meetings so I can post a few comments.
DID seems quite dead. SRGMP is under water.
But if members take IF too seriously then they better cut down. We have to get our priorities.
At home I reserve my time for family, unless they are asleep then I may watch TV and IF at the same time. Sometimes it feels as if we can see the other person on the other side of the world thru IF.LOL

Summer I think you misread Middy. She said it is perfectly acceptable to quit cold turkey. Indeed this is an online forum, barring a rare few most people are just random acquaintances in the passage of time. Addiction or not, I think each individual is in a place to make their own choices on how much time they want to spend time on forums and if they just want to get out altogether. These choices are made by what the individual feels is right for themselves, and should not be influenced by what other forumers want for themselves.

Yeah, summer did misread me. I said that going cold turkey is fine. Time to upgrade his eyeglass prescription. LOL j/k

That's exactly my take on it. Thanks for clarifying it to Summer. No one should feel or be made to feel that they're obliged to post here or even keep in touch with people here. They can keep in touch with a couple of handpicked members through other means if they want to and I emphasize IF THEY WANT TO. There should be no strings attached.
That said, the ones who stick around should also learn to let go of people who choose to quit or cut off all ties no matter how hard it is. Easier said than done but whoever said that life's easy? lol. Besides, on the grand scale of things, it all begins and ends in front of your computer screen (or your crackberry/i-phone screen). It's there, yet, it's not there.
And even if some people do leave an imprint on you, instead of moping over their departure, I'd rather appreciate the fact that I had the chance to interact with that person and wish that person well in life. I'd feel a little sad for a couple of days but I will eventually get over it and move on to the next thing. Besides, in a year or so, someone's departure from a waste-of-time forum isn't even going to matter to you, right? At least that's how I see it.

Ah sister Golden Shoe
Hug

I am a master in reading what I want to read. Sorry for the fatal errorOuch

Hope you managed to get hold of our Empty Bhai before he succumbs to Nirvana.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_Shade

Midnight_Shade IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1hindu4lyf

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

Originally posted by old-black-joe

FROM THIS DAY FORWARD, I SHALL NEVER USE AN EMOTICON AGAIN.

"I, old-black-joe, do sincerely promise and declare that I will truly and faithfully, and to the best of my ability, will never use this emoticon (Cry) if and when I lose my shirt in the stock market and feel the urge to convey that information on the forums, that I will never use this emoticon () if I make more than Rs. 500 profit in the equities market and feel the urge to convey that information on the forums, that I will in no way betray the trust reposed in me by the people of India Forums, so help me God. Should I break my oath, I shall be willing to submit myself to severe punishment (40 lashes with a wet noodle) by K. This is my solemn oath."
K.Resurrected.
Mr. K Sahab that was a good one

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:32pm | IP Logged

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Well as Farida Khanum sang

"Aaj jane ki zid na karo"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:37pm | IP Logged

Ah sister Golden Shoe
Hug

I am a master in reading what I want to read. Sorry for the fatal errorOuch

Hope you managed to get hold of our Empty Bhai before he succumbs to Nirvana.

Hey, summer! Oh, it's perfectly fine. It was just a minor error. Nothing fatal about it. LOL
[/QUOTE]
aH Thanks I was almost about to do atmahatyaLOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

Originally posted by Summer3

Ah Mr K Sahab for most of us the emotional baggage is
something that has formed a part of us and we cannot just suddenly drop it like a bomb. Emotions whether in real life or cyber world or dreams are all intangible but they do affect us as we can feel them; in terms of ranking the first does take priority.
Yes in the deactivation of an account there could be some dissatisfaction about certain things; but I guess there is no perfect system and we just have to try to improve things.

I was only asking people to be true to their emotions, Summer. Like your good self. At least, you cared enough to question the need for people to cancel/deactivate their accounts plus you mentioned a few names that you would like to see continue posting.

I was questioning the genuineness of people who hug / blow kisses / throw virtual birthday parties / pore over excruciating minutiae of their daily lives on these forums for all to see and then turn around and act like it doesn't matter whether or not a member stays or leaves. IMO, it just looks downright silly. All that showing of emotion one day and so-what-if-s(he)-leaves-i-am-moving-on, the next day. No need to shed a tear but if you have done all that before, with some genuineness, at least acknowledge what you really feel after the member left and put a closure, unless we are talking about showbiz type of acting around here.

Ah that is indeed true. I think most members generally want to maintain a friendly atmosphere unless the issue is something close to their heart.
Yes the question of sincerity does arise but at the back of our minds we know the real situation too.

Emoticons are useful and I remember Sarina gave the address location of those "horrible emoticons" to a member once.LOL

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:46pm | IP Logged

Go to top