Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: old-black-joe

no, enron shares. an insider buddy sold em to me for just 5000 rupees. they'll amount to a million shares after bonuses etc

Ah Joe sometimes beggars do ride. A year back I saw a share trading at 4 cents and today it is 1.70. 😆
But in cases of restructured companies there is often a dilution but still keep hoping.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
When I saw Gauri's Banned massage....Honestly I feel sad or something like that feel happend in my mind Cos last few years I realy enjoyed her different comments/thoughts against me/her arguments/debates/Galiya......But She agree with me/hates me or blah blah..I dont mind....😊
This website makes its money primarily via direct advertising sales and network ads aimed at the members who are crucial for capturing that revenue stream. Members are also vital for India Forums to maintain a high Alexa ranking. Just because a couple of irresponsible mods / viewbies don't care about that, doesn't mean all moderators on these forums agree with the asinine drivel spouted on this thread that suggests that members leaving a forum is worth a damn. May be one of the clueless people could run it by Vijay Bhatter and see what he has to say.  

Now, a couple of people who have an axe to grind with me, for reasons best known to them, are somehow under the impression that just because they know my name they can take their chances with me by indulging in uncalled for provocations. I would like to tell them that they are working on my last nerve at this point in time and that my politeness has now officially run its course. It's unfortunate given the goodwill of the past but so be it.

Oh K .. i been trying to flirt with 264750506 dev team members to add another b to my username.. But, damnit, see the genuineness of the website .. it doesn't allow more than 15 digits in an username .. im doomed ..
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: psychoboblehead

Oh K .. i been trying to flirt with 264750506 dev team members to add another b to my username.. But, damnit, see the genuineness of the website .. it doesn't allow more than 15 digits in an username .. im doomed ..

Ah Shak you are funny.😆
Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: K.Resurrected.

This website makes its money primarily via direct advertising sales and network ads aimed at the members who are crucial for capturing that revenue stream. Members are also vital for India Forums to maintain a high Alexa ranking. Just because a couple of irresponsible mods / viewbies don't care about that, doesn't mean all moderators on these forums agree with the asinine drivel spouted on this thread that suggests that members leaving a forum is worth a damn. May be one of the clueless people could run it by Vijay Bhatter and see what he has to say.  

Now, a couple of people who have an axe to grind with me, for reasons best known to them, are somehow under the impression that just because they know my name they can take their chances with me by indulging in uncalled for provocations. I would like to tell them that they are working on my last nerve at this point in time and that my politeness has now officially run its course. It's unfortunate given the goodwill of the past but so be it.

Ah Mr. K, it just so happens that you are responsible and respond well. So some gladiators love to spar with you as this is supposed to be a hostile arena of debates.
All being said and done you are a great guy.
Mods and Viewbies are not paid and they are only trying their best to regulate things. Some things are quite beyond them too.
We had a very hard time with trolls at the SRGMP forum and quite a few mods have gone into hiding, never to reappear.

Summer3 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

When I saw Gauri's Banned massage....Honestly I feel sad or something like that feel happend in my mind Cos last few years I realy enjoyed her different comments/thoughts against me/her arguments/debates/Galiya......But She agree with me/hates me or blah blah..I dont mind....😊

Vinu Bhai I notice that you accomodate all. Is it because of your work in the middle east ?😆
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

In my opinion that was a very loose statement for all those who work as volunteers , for charity without charging a dime and yet put their hearts and souls in the work that they do.....
Speaking from my personal experience .....and its over the years that I have been on this forum......each and every single MOD that I've interacted with CARES and gives a damn......they do care to explain their actions.....and even if its not in my favor but I know that they do their best......and I have interacted with several of them........I had left one time over something one time and YES a mod brought me back even though nothing would have changed on this forum if I had left...
Speaking as an HR professional...when there is a mass exodus...the management SHOULD care....its different when the members are going and coming naturally but if one observes that their is a PATTERN....they should care......
When I work without pay...as a volunteer or for charity.....that does not absolve me of my duties or responsibilities...........if I don't care and give a damn.....then I should probably not take up the job...and let someone else do it.......afterall charity is done out of the goodness of ones' heart and not because someone has put a gun to ur head...

I don't think people on a virtual forum need charity - instead, I think charitable donations should be geared towards people in RL. I was just pointing out the fact that mods on this forum do not get paid for the work that they do. It is enough that they moderate the forum as volunteers, and it is not necessary for people to always point fingers at them and accuse them of being biased and not doing their jobs properly - at least not when they aren't doing anything wrong.

You're quite lucky if you've had a moderator go to such great lengths for you, I am sure it was because of friendship and the fact that he/she cared about you at a personal level. Because otherwise, I do not think that running after members to figure out why they've left or what problems they have faced is part of their job description. You may argue that they should care and that it should matter, but that doesn't mean that they do or that they will professionally. Personal matters are an altogether different equation.

Edit- I also wanted to add that you are mixing two different things here. Explaining why he or she is banning you or taking any action against you is, I agree, a moderator's responsibility. However, what we were discussing here previously were self-bans. If you request to deactivate your account or to be banned, why should the mod care? Why should he or she take his/her personal time out to ask you why you are making this decision? It seems rather foolish to me to have such high expectations on a public forum.
Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

Yes of all the MODs I notice Sarina sis takes the most trouble. It is not a perfect world but we can all try our best to help them too.

Not many want to come forward and take up the task.

Personal differences on many issues are bound to arise and these can best be settled via pm.

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Summer3

Yes of all the MODs I notice Sarina sis takes the most trouble. It is not a perfect world but we can all try our best to help them too.

Not many want to come forward and take up the task.

Personal differences on many issues are bound to arise and these can best be settled via pm.

sarina is the BEST mod ever. Almost as good as the gamespot Mod who was never there.