Debate Mansion

Is cancellation of IF ID good or bad? - Page 13

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: K.Resurrected.

Why did I cancel my old ID? I wrongly assumed that my job here is done.

Why did I create this ID: to finish off the job that I started.

How long would the job take? Depends on you people. --Please dont do ur job, depend on others thats my request...😊

What is the job? Whatever I am doing now.

Gr8...keep the good works......👍🏼

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Midnight_Shade thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Midnight_Shade thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Midnight_Shade

Haha, I like your approach a lot! That's about as much concern this whole thing deserves. I wish I could start afresh with that attitude but too bad that ain't happening. *SIGHS* I also like the fact that you're open to change and what you may like today might not have the same appeal tomorrow. I don't understand how some people can hold the same opinion about things and people for years. I'd rather have a flexible mind that is open to change with new inputs than a stagnant one that won't budge no matter what.

Change and flexibility is good, but change is a part of us. Why should anyone need a new identity when they change. Tomorrow if you prefer some others over Priyanka and Shahid - you don't stop being Middy do you? If you have a falling out with a friend, relations have changed - but you are still Middy right?

The real world is not easily forgiving. All accomplishments and achievements are credited to you, but so are the mistakes and regrets. Its not a different person doing different things. Evolve with time - but evolve as a personality - not multiple personalities.

At least thats my take. I guess some people take advantage of multiple personalities and strange behaviors online because that freedom is not there in real life.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Ek simple matter ko itna complicate kyu bana rahi Middy...😃😆 
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Midnight_Shade

I was talking about the genuineness of your sentiments, not your identity. You don't always have to show what you feel and feel what you show. Firstly, I don't need the entire forum knowing the inner workings of my mind. Secondly, after you end up in a couple of members' hit list, being genuine on open forum is inviting trouble. You let slip a chink in your armor and they're gonna hit you where it hurts the most, pick on it like a vulture until you completely drain out. Better to not let your guard down at all when you know that there are people looking for an opportunity to strike. You know what I'm saying? But you can definitely come clean with those who you consider your friends. At the end, I say it all comes down to your past experiences.

@Sunny: I hope that answers your question too.

somewhat yes, Middy. I can understand members not wanting to disclose all their feelings in an open forum. But again faking sentiments or views doesnt serve any purpose, my opinion. IDs are anyway all fake.

As for some people not acknowledging their friend's departure, they might be too duhed to say anything or it might have bothered them so much that they can't even bear to talk about it. Or they mighta been beaten down so much by these "self-bans" in the past that it isn't newsworthy anymore. Or they might still be in touch with that person through other means.
Got to agree here. Members usually do bid goodbye and inform their"close" friends who matter to them about their plans of departure and take steps to keep in touch if they care enough. In that case since they are already in touch they wont be lamenting their departure.

Or they might indeed not give a damn. Anything is a possibility. If they're choosing to stay mum about it, I would respect their decision instead of misconstruing their silence as not giving a damn or anything else for that matter.
Makes practical sense!

The only part where we differ is that you believe in "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" policy whereas I believe that what you see is not always what you get.

Yes, Appearnces may deceive 😆

[K] Even if I own a stadium / court / arena, I still need good players to play ball if I want to attract the crowds. That's probably a thinly veiled message that I originally wanted to pass to whom-so-ever-it-may-concern.

I agree with that.
[CS] True, but you cant force the players to play against their wishes, even if you want to! 😕

[/QUOTE]
Roadrunnerz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: psychoboblehead

Let me talk of my personal acquaintances here.

I don't spam the forum, post sexually explicit content or misbehave and get banned. Distinct, it is my addiction to KSG which makes me loathe him and his lifeless fan girls . After an over worked day or amidst an awfully boring day .. logging on to this website and engaging myself on an e-fight or whatever makes me feel that life is good . When I don't get paid for posting here, why bother about ethics, conduct, conscience and conventions ... likewise establishing an existence here.. when the admins are aware of me changing id's .. what's the big deal ?

I'm someone who is not the same everyday. I may love something today and hate the same tomorrow .. specifically having to do with the insignificant priorities like IF, Facebook, MSN, Chat and etc ... makes me care a damn .. I reckon, its an extremely private affair .. So is the case with members asking for a private ban, which is again a personal choice .. So why bother ?

Out of the many reasons cited here for closure of IDs this was something that never occured to me 😆 nor did the one about forgetting the passwords 😆
Of course life moves on, it moves on even when people around us die. Of course, this is not the end of the world. Of course, things are ephemeral. But why stop there? Let's take the concept a little further. The earth won't stop spinning even if all life were to be erased off of its face, so much for the significance of life itself. The universe won't disappear if 5 billion years later earth is swallowed up by the Sun. But we can't latch onto these bigger truths per our convenience whenever and wherever to suit our purposes, just to wiggle out of a real debate. There is a time and place for bigger truths and IMO this topic is not it.

If I go short term, you can't start talking long term and invalidate my points. If I go objective, you can't go subjective and invalidate my points. You are not wrong if you do so. You are only pointing out the obvious, the abortive nature of all such debates that I already mentioned.

Going purely by the subject ('is cancellation of IF ID good or bad?"), keeping aside the variables and unknowns (whose cancellation? What is good? What is bad?  How good is good? How bad is bad? From whose perspective? Long term or short term? How long is long term and how short is short term?), going somewhat by the human web theory (six degrees of separation), I theorized that, if pivotal people leave, it will affect the connectedness of it all translating to lesser hits and thus, lesser interest in the forum itself. So yes, my answer is that it is bad. You are free to do a spectrum analysis, look closely at various shades, and understand the role the time component plays in such a scenario but, if you do that, you will never zero in on a satisfactory answer.

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: K.Resurrected.

@Dia and Ajnu:

Before you guys pull out your pepper sprays, let's verify if we are on the same page. Hopefully, you have read all the clarifications I provided so far, leading up to this page.

Ajnu, it's not fair to ascertain with authority, what the reasons could be, for someone to cancel/deactivate their accounts, especially when they are not here to defend themselves. Even if there is one active member who has preferred deactivation, who doesn't fall under the premises you enumerated, it's probably a good idea to explore the reasons that compelled him/her to do so. There are tangible benefits to the forum if such a forensic analysis is carried out, trust me. That was one of the main points of my argument so far.

The rest of what you guys mentioned I am aware and am in the know.

Mister K, my point there was not to ascertain that those three reasons for self-banning are written in stone and there can be no digressions from those three reasons. Instead, I was writing from my experience and observation on the forum. In my opinion, those are the three most common reasons for self-banning on this forum. Neither did I take anyone's name nor did I state those reasons to make a mockery of their decision. What is true is true. You can name any single member on the forum who's gone through this process of self-banning, and I'm sure a majority of them will fall into one of those three categories. Years of experience and observation on this forum allow me to state that so confidently.

Having said that, at the end of the day, the point is not why they left. The point here is that they left. Period. Now you just have to accept their decision and move on. If this member had considered me significant enough, they would have come to me and told me of their decision and also state the reasons for why they are making this decision. And if they didn't consider me significant enough, that's also fine. Either way, at the end of it, people on both sides have to move on and accept this reality. Goodbyes in real life are difficult enough - let's not make virtuality just as full of emotional baggage and life-long regrets and disappointments.
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
"Goodbyes in real life are difficult enough - let's not make virtuality just as full of emotional baggage and life-long regrets and disappointments. "

So how does one train their mind to do that?