Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
it used to be 400 plus with bidaai , i wan t it to be 300 minus now....i need bidaai back guys simply cant take it any more
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Serves them right

I cannot still get why they  put Gulaal in place of Bidaa..
There were many other shows which could be axed
Today is 2 months since Bidaaii got over
why did have to get over to replace Gulaal 

Which other show will get axed at number 1 position
Never in teh history of television

also they are using some stratergies to keep  sending IF news abt some crazy twists and turns in other shows
But what abt these maha episodes what good are they doing

rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sami01

it used to be 400 plus with bidaai , i wan t it to be 300 minus now....i need bidaai back guys simply cant take it any more

No Sami, Starplus was 400 plus when star parivaar awards aired and Bidaai underwent a leap. ðŸ˜Š. The grps kept flunctuating in 2010 but Bidaai has a huge stack in bringing Starplus back to its no1 that's why they are not ending any show now, only Bidaai ended on a high. 
rekha02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanti05

Serves them right

I cannot still get why they  put Gulaal in place of Bidaa..
There were many other shows which could be axed
Today is 2 months since Bidaaii got over
why did have to get over to replace Gulaal 

Which other show will get axed at number 1 position
Never in teh history of television

also they are using some stratergies to keep  sending IF news abt some crazy twists and turns in other shows
But what abt these maha episodes what good are they doing

Shanti, Maha episodes are getting rating and bringing grps to help sustain Starplus its no1 position and they are also building a audience for their weekend biweekly and one hour weekly shows.
rekha02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: savee_k

@rekha..thanks for sharing the news..

this was evident BB ending with a bang for colors..

last week with 396 to 379 this week.starplus slides a bit in its GRP..

reading the article the rating of gulal from beginning was not that great...as always channel people saying they can't tell anything as of now same blah blah about its ratings.a per article they have a vision of 3 months ...2 months and its still struggling to get in top 10..checked the trp ratings of 10th/11th jan nowhere is gulal..lol even in chaskameter its not in the list of top shows of starplus..

"Even as many eyes are on 'Gulaal', and whether Star Plus can repeat the magic, the 9.00 pm itself is witnessing an intense battle."so here goes another reality show with which gulal will have to compete..

just read ZOR KA JHATKA on imagine getting the 9-10pm slot..host SRK..its a daily ..just think BB over with salman SRK takes over..just think how competition will be  more tougher now..PR already has  so many loyal audiences in this time slot..

sounds repeated but bidaai in 9pm slot would have made it in the top 10 list with its consistent ratings how much competition..

hope the channel have a good thought about why they replaced bidaai such a wonderful show..

This part interests me as every serial is given a three month period to build up its own audience and let's see how starplus 's show at 9:00 pm slot fares after three months with more competition from a new show on colors and a new reality show on imagine. 
rekha02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanti05

Thanks Rekha looks like BB gave an edge to Color

And Starplus still leading Hmm seems to be consistent

Zee is happy with where it stands

SONY JDJ why its not showing imporvement

Now new YRF shows are comimg Khiote Sikkey wonder how it will do

Frankly DID doubles is a better show than JDJ AND Iam a fan of DID from its first season. Even Hollywood is having sequels and KKKG is having a sequel too, I thought why not Bidaai 2 on the same lines Rajvansh parivaar with their two sons , eldest son rather adopted and their relatiionships ,their children. Sounds interesting. ðŸ˜ƒ
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Now we have LIfe bina wife
Dor
some love u Zondagi
Pyaar mai twist

Some musical of KSG
where will they fioty in all this
and then some movies also
so  shows which are running but not no 1 will be  kept or axed !!
rekha02 thumbnail
Starplus new strategy as Bebo is doing well at 6:30 pm slot with 2 plus rating. They shift shows to afternoon to make way for new shows. Infact this is a very old strategy of Starplus. I am sure no other show is ending on a high .
shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@rekha..thanks for articles..

wat to say very good starplus is getting a good lesson from the risk taken and so called strategy of getting off air bidaai and replacing it by gulal.

check the articles about GRP from last yr nowhere is gulal in top 10..its trp is not improving for a show which has such a peak time slot 9pm...2 months already and now they are bringing a twist husband dies and wife marries his bro as per a ritual..now will that work for the audiences?.i mean such serious issue..

people at that time loves family drama with all the mixed emotions ..light moments etc not such serious matter... bidaai was one show even after a leap was getting the interest of the viewers. bringing the channel good trp and raise in its GRP...

see without big awards or maha episodes how its GRP slides...

now competition is getting tough..

i liked to watch DID...now i'm watching DID DOUBLES too..this show will rock for ZEE and for sure will bring it more GRPS..

feb imagine coming with srk show..saw the french version of this show if its same concept it will rock too...

we can say starplus will have great competition in the coming weeks and   4 weeks more lets see where gulal ratings reaches.
Edited by savee_k - 13 years ago
rekha02 thumbnail
They did this keeping Phulwa in mind which has a violent serious theme and Colors expects that show to do well like Starplus expected Gulaal to do well. One month later they had an article where they said their show has decent rating not to Bidaai's level but rising. Now I want to see three months later to what level it rises.

For referance , I post this very relevant article

http://www.exchange4media.com/e4m/news/fullstory.asp?Section_id=6&News_id=40007&Tag=6518 

Star Plus would be experimenting in its 9 pm slot again. Explaining further on the channel's decision to do so, Anupam Vasudev, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Communication, STAR India, said, "Any change is a calculated risk. It is better to end the show when it is in its peak, rather than when it is declining."

But the channel seems optimistic despite replacing a popular show with a completely new one. Vasudev added that he was confident that 'Gulaal' would get the channel equal ratings, if not more. "We are not playing a weekly or a daily number game. We are building the channel through the shows," he pointed out

Let me see the tam for last week and three months later I am free to comment on these words 😊. I see colors new show at 9:30 slot already making its presence in the daily trp chart and the nos for next week shall be interesting . 😆
Edited by rekha03 - 13 years ago