Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Gopi's role needs to be changed (Page 3)

-tellyaddict- IF-Sizzlerz
-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Personally I see ZERO chemistry in the two leads. Ahem needs to get the girl he wanted - WOW she was gorgeous - Gopi looks like she has rasgolla stuffed in her cheeks, plus she is a dull, and boring girl. Niceness is great but to assume that only an uneducated girl can possess these traits are wrong.  Gopi has no personality; she has nothing interesting to offer, to discuss. She has NO hobbies or interests except doing what her mother-in-law commands.  And someone, please do something but her look - it is so unflattering - reminds me of how actresses used to look in the 80s.

sorry Laila....i hv t disagree with u on bold lines.....
here we all can die for them and their Chemistry....which is not shown enough coz of Dumb CVsAngry...
and the best example was Dandiya Dance Scene....u can watch it esp when Aham removes her pallu.....u can feel the Chemistry.....as Chemistry necessarily needs to be shown by Closeness between A Couple and same is here...GoHam is all about their Stares, Gazes and Looks........and if by any chance CVs had mercy on us they showed Dandiya, Fire, Dupatta, Terrace, Kitchen and many other scenes.............

Gopi's character is shown as A Gal who did not have anything in her life to say her own from the childhood and what can u expect from a gal who was Bossed by her cousin, Bullied by her Aunt.............agree she is from 80s and I cant expect anything else from her as she is like that coz what she got in her life........
No Hobbies...its usual......Rashi-Urmi dint let her live her Life as A Kid......

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by emelia

Laila, you are too rude. Sahuja is talking about Gopi CHARACTER not being potrayed properly. She is not talking about Gopi looks. No one can beat Gopi. She is the right girl to potray Gopi role. So naive, cute and innocent and her acting is great.  I am a very big fan of Ahem and Gopi. We don't want to see Anita back in Ahem's life. Gopi is the perfect partner for Ahem. the show is No.1 because of the lead roles of Gopi and Ahem.Smile

don't you dare critise Gopi's looks. thousand of people just admire her.

Emelia, the leads are doing it for you but not me and also others who watch the show. If you take out Kokila and the amazing supportive cast and the way the storyline is delievered, you do NOT have a show.  Gopi looks naive and dopey and that's supposed to be part of her character and the fact that they've refused to tone down her heavy jawline with shading or use that shading to slim those cheeks it a sign of a bad make-up artist. 

And why does Gopi make the best partner for Ahem? They don't even talk with each other. They have NO conversations, nothing in common. She is just "nice" and listens to her mother-in-law. That a good partner does not make. 
Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -tellyaddict-

Originally posted by Laila2009

Personally I see ZERO chemistry in the two leads. Ahem needs to get the girl he wanted - WOW she was gorgeous - Gopi looks like she has rasgolla stuffed in her cheeks, plus she is a dull, and boring girl. Niceness is great but to assume that only an uneducated girl can possess these traits are wrong.  Gopi has no personality; she has nothing interesting to offer, to discuss. She has NO hobbies or interests except doing what her mother-in-law commands.  And someone, please do something but her look - it is so unflattering - reminds me of how actresses used to look in the 80s.

sorry Laila....i hv t disagree with u on bold lines.....
here we all can die for them and their Chemistry....which is not shown enough coz of Dumb CVsAngry...
and the best example was Dandiya Dance Scene....u can watch it esp when Aham removes her pallu.....u can feel the Chemistry.....as Chemistry necessarily needs to be shown by Closeness between A Couple and same is here...GoHam is all about their Stares, Gazes and Looks........and if by any chance CVs had mercy on us they showed Dandiya, Fire, Dupatta, Terrace, Kitchen and many other scenes.............

Gopi's character is shown as A Gal who did not have anything in her life to say her own from the childhood and what can u expect from a gal who was Bossed by her cousin, Bullied by her Aunt.............agree she is from 80s and I cant expect anything else from her as she is like that coz what she got in her life........
No Hobbies...its usual......Rashi-Urmi dint let her live her Life as A Kid......
Lata, we are going to have to agree to disagree here, but stares, gazes and looks don't create chemistry for me. What makes it happen is by creating an interesting character. The actress who plays her is not unattractive (saw her FB pictures), but her make-up and look is done to make her look like a frumpy 12-year old.  It doesn't do ANYTHING for her.

It's fine that she is a young kid with no self-esteem etc, but she is not material for Ahem. Exactly what makes them a good match? Plus the girl who played Anita, she is very attractive. So you've got two issues going.

The creatives are doing the typical part where her "niceness" will win him over, but I believe in the following quote by the famous Fran Lebowitz, but "humility is no substitute for a good personality." Meaning, a good personality is more appealing - and often good personalities encompass humility as well. On its own, all you have is a "nice" person, not an interesting one. Gopi Bahu is the "traditional" protoypical bahu of a bygone era that reflects the idea woman of some of these writers.  She's safe and good and obedient.

At the same though, I got to admit, her overall character is practically halrious and rather than feel sorry for I actually find her interactions with Kokila pretty funny, and in essence that is supposed to be her character - the not so bright bahu. And I suppose the look really enhances it.

Just a note, Ahem needs to work on his temper and his arrogance. He can't spend his life taking out his anger on Gopi - it was his mother's choice for him to marry her.

Edited by Laila2009 - 12 January 2011 at 9:34am
-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged

M sadhli dear, nt lata.

Again disagree, we dont want her to be 'an attractive material' for aham, as love is nt just abt ones outer impressive attaractive appereance, love is al abt 'wilingness of a lover to be a support system for other in lifes odd circumstances'
and gopi is perfect 4 aham in that case, she loves him thats y she stil concerned abt his health, his mother n his sister.
Aham wil be impresed nt just by her looks bt with her deeds also to n wil fal in love.
Gopi ke paas bhale hi achi surat na ho (she is gorgeous for me) bt achi seerat jarur hai, jo anita k paas nahi thi.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidp

upasana.diya IF-Dazzler
upasana.diya
upasana.diya

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
who would trust the love which is just skin deep.... atleast i wouldn't... more the fools, who think they should be loved because they are more beautiful
what if tomorrow, Anita gets into an accident and has a disfigured face, would we still advocate Ahem should go for Anita, or since now Gopi is more beautiful than anita, we will patch Gohem up???

I believe SNS is neither about Gohem, RaJi or any other character....
its about a family... mistakes made by family or better decisions taken by some members which are not recognised as such by others, but they are still together... till now, if it were some other place n time... Ahem would have chosen a path and so would have Gopi and the concept of family will cease to exist....

marriage in many cultures is not to bring the guy and Gal together. its uniting two families...

love and marriage are not just about winning, which is what we are making it into these days... what is there to say two people madly in love today will not be at each others throats tomorrow....
i believe marriage to be a complex mixture of compassion, understanding, empathy, communication and compromise....

i may fall short of putting my point forth.. but love which only aims at winning is not everything... love which aims at bringing happiness to every face is a love one can trust

Jisne kabhi pyaar na kiya use nafrat ka kya ehsaas... kyonki dono hi dil se ki jaati hai
(he who hasn't loved wouldn't know the meaning of hatred... because both the emotions are very close to the heart)

Edited by upasana.diya - 12 January 2011 at 5:47pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidpchoti_ranisaomom-tellyaddict-

-tellyaddict-
-tellyaddict-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:01pm | IP Logged

Diya dear, lovely reply esp ur last conclusive line.

upasana.diya

dirtydiana Senior Member
dirtydiana
dirtydiana

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Gopi needs a makeover - she is desperately in all areas i.e. her speech the way she behaves, education is must and really need to have mature attitude then only Ahem will look at her

Laila2009

-naureen786- IF-Sizzlerz
-naureen786-
-naureen786-

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
Agree with your post!!!! The Character of Gopi is just to dull now.. She should be mature and confident!!!

Laila2009

Go to top