India-Forums

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Jive really.....

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
NO jive at all....Shocked  If JDJ wants to bring Intl dance forms than pls atleast study, watch and learn basic techniques to give due respect...I have same issues when SYTYCD show improper dance moves or outfits performing Indian bollywood dance...So I am not picking on Indian show...

What was shocking to me was one of the judges said  jive performances were better than Disco performances something to that line ShockedEmbarrassed

Here is a proper jive and a wonderfful performance by

Derek H and Nicole on DWTS @ 1:40 time

Derek H and Julianne

Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 January 2011 at 9:08pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Arsha85shanak.hot-desigirl-Anjaani_Dastaanomshreejaanukinara17yipeeArushiBSSunshine GirlpetticoatCurlylocks

zainab25 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-desigirl-Curlylocks

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainab25

Yea that's one issue with JDJ. Another issue with JDJ is giving out points for free style when the contestant was suppose to attempt break dance. I cannot believe Madhuri Dixit rated Chang and Ankita at equal....Really, MD? You just lost all credibility there.

Actually at times all 3 judges have disappointed with their marks or comments...MD to be precisely...I dont expect much from Malaika...But Remo for hip-hop, L N P and Madhuri for indian classical or bollywood...Sometimes I want to write so much but am afraid to for coming across negative...My comments are candid to what I see them performing...as I have no fav contestant here...Embarrassed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Sphallolaliainfinity00ArushiBSomshreejaanuCurlylocks

zainab25 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Arsha85EatPrayLove-desigirl-Anjaani_DastaanPiano1422infinity00omshreejaanukinara17.shona.ArushiBSpetticoatCurlylocks

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainab25

Ditto, I do not have any expectations from Malaika to begin with, and I precisely do not even know why she's there judging when she's no expert really. However, I do have expectations fro Remo because I believe it's his duty to inform the contestants, choreographers, and the audiences of the various dance forms, styles, techniques....I see none. He's extremely erratic on JDJ...I found him bearable on DID, because he would constructively criticize the participants, and I think maybe I just enjoyed the entire format of that show. On JDJ....I do not take MD critically at all....I do not care if I am subjective with the way I word this...but she's just biased and shows no consistency whatsoever. I have been observing the way she judges, and some of her moves really make me go W*H. Also, I am not too sure if she's even knowledgable to judge the Intl dance forms that the contestants perform weekly.....but then I am not even too sure if Remo is aware of the forms, because all I see on the JDJ stage are dull, inaccurate performances that are praises to no skies. I no nill of dance forms, but even just as an audience, I feel cheated.

MD: Your smile is precious. Blah Blah Blah
Malakia: Yo, yo Daya.
Remo: I love MJ.

Yea, that is so what I want to hear. *yawns*

Ditto you spoke-wrote what has been on my mind...Thank you...Clap  None of these 3 judges are knowledgeable to critic or comment on Intl dance forms...
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:30pm | IP Logged
IMHO the Jive was actually quite authentic. I did not find the steps or movements as diluted as some other dance forms. To me it was definitely way better than the disco. The problem that might make it seem awry is that the tempo and energy level was much lower, and the movements were of a beginner to intermediate. The clips you posted are more advanced to expert level dancing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yipee

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:31am | IP Logged
I agree with your comments about the knowledge of the judges are bit shaky and I guess not accurate at times. The clipp was awsome but I dont see that happening here as even the judges cant reach that level yet!!!. But yeah I do agree with your points. I just watch Ragini, and then skip the rest, I enjoy her expressions but not the choreography.
Curlylocks IF-Stunnerz
Curlylocks
Curlylocks

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged
agree with u guys.....
judges giv away marks very freely 

Go to top