Maa Exchange : First drama unfolds

Posted: 13 years ago
Good morning buddies !!

Something that I came across while reading about this program 😊

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2011/maa-exchange-first-drama-unfolds-110111.html

Sony TV is soon going to a launch a reality TV show 'Maa Exchange' with the promise of offering something really different. It is a Indianised version of a foreign reality show 'Wife Swap' and veteran actress Surekha Sikri is the host of the show.

However, no reality show is complete without emotional drama, controversy and conflicts. So, 'Maa Exchange' also cannot keep it totally out of all these integral parts. The promos of the show are already in the air and we can see Pooja Bedi getting exchanged with the family of Anuradha Nigam (wife of Rajeev Nigam).

Both of them are swapped with the family of each other and the promos show, how Anuradha is having some conflicting words with Pooja's daughter. On the other hand, Pooja is shown putting her rules to the Nigam family and Mr. Nigam is shown worried about his next morning.

Both the ladies have reportedly performed theirs tasks properly but complaints are always there. During a recent press conference, Pooja and Mrs. Nigam was seen counter accusing. Pooja has reportedly said that when she entered the house, it was in total mess and the kitchen utensils were unwashed in a very unhygienic condition. She even said that worms were popping out of the dirty utensils and clothes were unset in the cupboard. She said that she had to do all the works herself and had to live in a very unhygienic environment.

So, you can guess the kind of controversy and conflicts that can be seen in the reality show!

Edited by .Arjun - 13 years ago
Rajiv Nigam is awesome 👏 and a good actor....so it will be safe to label this as a scripted show 😆
Okkk Confession time, I had to google who Rajiv Nigam was...Forget abt his wife 😕 And seriously, worms popping out of unwashed/dirty utensils 😲 That can only happen when the utensils have been left out for weeks at a stretch  I don't think Rajiv Nigam is in such a pathetic condition that he can't even afford a maid to do the dishes 🤔 I would be surprised if the show isn't scripted 😉😆
Originally posted by axeion

Okkk Confession time, I had to google who Rajiv Nigam was...Forget abt his wife 😕 And seriously, worms popping out of unwashed/dirty utensils 😲 That can only happen when the utensils have been left out for weeks at a stretch  I don't think Rajiv Nigam is in such a pathetic condition that he can't even afford a maid to do the dishes 🤔 I would be surprised if the show isn't scripted 😉😆

Thats all BS Ekta....ANY mother would be sensible enough to clean their houses and at least remove worms from utensils before handing over to another woman 😆 

Promo se hi scripted lag raha but of course almost every show nowadays is scripted, fiction or non-fiction 😕😉
Mihir, have u seen the promo? Mujhe link bhej...
 Yeah I need a link too 😛
Yeah made a thread with the promo...check it out 😃
Scripted toh nahi, par heavily edited zaroor hai.

1. Oil cans usually become sticky, nothing surprising in that. Agar Pooja apne kitchen mein jayegi toh bhi waise hi cans milenge.

2. Only one box with pre-packaged food had worms in it,not the utensils from what I saw. Ab yaar woh dabba khaali kar ke aage ka kaam karo na.

3. They showed the incidents of 2 households across 4 days in a single one-hour episode. Obviously there are lots of chances to selectively pick incidents and episodes that show one or the other household in bad light.

4. What was the VO doing, if not planting ideas in the audience's mind? Why say that Anuradha was trying to instigate the maid against Pooja. If you remember in BB the VO used to simply say X and Y are talking about Z and then let the viewers make up their own minds.

5. Surekha Sikri as a host and commentator has not been adequately used. She could as an older woman provide her own perspective or viewpoint. I'm quite disappointed with her inclusion.
Originally posted by DharmeshSir

Thats all BS Ekta....ANY mother would be sensible enough to clean their houses and at least remove worms from utensils before handing over to another woman 😆 

Promo se hi scripted lag raha but of course almost every show nowadays is scripted, fiction or non-fiction 😕😉

Sure, but there is an art to it. The Scriptedness needs to be proportional to the reality feel of the show, 1:1 so that as viewers we are entertained enough to not care. 

For instance I'll never forget the 'Trading Spouses' - "I'm a God Warrior" lady because her impact was just so intense. I wasn't on the other moms side either but the reactions were simply so OTT that it was brilliant to watch. When they brought her back in the second season, the case wasn't the same anymore, she was acting and it was more apparent. 3:1

I haven't seen this show yet though but how can anything with pooja bedi in it be real? 😛 just kidding!! 😉

edit..
I had to google Ragiv Nigam too 😕
Edited by RainbowWarrior - 13 years ago
Originally posted by DharmeshSir

i had watched the promo and m 100% sure it's scripted....nobody is so stupid to leave their home like that when they know cameras are watching them and their home 24*7😆