India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Was it worth it Krishna?

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:07pm | IP Logged

Now please don't get me wrong, I love Kriya and I'm happy they're together. But the last few episodes made me wonder, whether it was worth it? Now, Pratigya married for revenge, and so, I guess the question doesn't really fit for her. But I do think about Krishna. Was it worth it to get married to Pratigya?

He went against the family. He's been continuously taunted by his family regarding different matters relating to his wife. And worst of all, now his father has labelled him as "Krishna Pratigya Singh", his mother curses the day he was born, his brother was ready to kill him once. He's been called Joru ka Ghulam, a shame on the Thakurs, impotent and what not.

He recieved no respect from his in-laws, the Saxenas, till recently. They never hesitated to degrade him in public or in private. Infact, multiple times, his own wife, called the police to his house, sent his mother and brother to jail etc.

So, was it worth it for Krishna? To lose your family who you lived all your life with, the respect they have for you, your peace of mind, your lifestyle..... just for one girl?

Note: Again I'm saying I love Kriya, and please dont start bashing me for trying to call their relationship wrong. Neither do I support the Thakurs. This is just for discussion purpose on whether such a marriage is a good idea? Smile

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sz786pallailighthousepierb2011Minnie.Dreamygal301roseinbloomcarisma2

---Yemi--- IF-Rockerz
---Yemi---
---Yemi---

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
we've  seen him wake up his family in the grip of hurt & anger to proclaim that he regrets marrying her ...........then barely 24hrs later, tells everyone he is very lucky to have a wife like her...........he'll probably say there are good days & bad days just like in all marriages.......

in real world, there are couples that have gone thru worse for the sake of their love and i've also seen a couple of 30 + years of marriage where the hubby now openly tells their 5 kids that he regrets marrying their mom just because she does not kow tow to him and has a mind of her own but they are still commited to living out their lives together ..............

long story short, KP's problem is a battle of ideologies made more complicated because they choose to live with the extended family.....or to be more specific, K chooses to still want to be financially dependent on  the family money.

In real life, they would have moved out a while ago for the sake of peace.... and if the guy is unable to get a job, she with the education can start first......... if a couple have to go thru hardship at the begining of their marriage, it helps a lot when there are no malicious family members to constantly ridicule their efforts to succeed together in life

Edited by yemi3006 - 11 January 2011 at 5:11pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepierelle45sanitha7Minnie.Filza.hussainramsobabithajMERARAI

telstra IF-Sizzlerz
telstra
telstra

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
why r u so afraid we will not bash you LOL see i beleive this marriage is worth it for krishna because he is getting all emotional and physical strenghts from the love of his life i.e pratigya and he is doing all this these days because he can se tha pratigya is right and his parents are wrong Big smile
saari dunya jaaye bhad main he can bear anything as far as prats is with him

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

elle45---Yemi---Filza.babithajhussainramso

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by yemi3006

we've seen him wake up his family in the grip of hurt & anger to proclaim that he regrets marrying her ...........then barely 24hrs later, tells everyone he is very lucky to havea wife like her...........he'll probably say there are good days & bad days just like in all marriages.......

in real world, there are couples that have gone thru worse for the sake of their love and i've also seen a couple of 30 + years of marriage where the hubby now openly tells their 5 kids that he regrets marrying their mom just because she does not kow tow to him and has a mind of her own but they are still commited to living out their lives together ..............

long story short, KP's problemis a battle of ideoloies made more complicated because they choose to live with the extended family.....or to be more specific, Kchooses to still want to be financially dependent on the family money.

In real life, they would have moved out a while ago for the sake of peace.... and if the guy is unable to get a job, she with the education can start first......... ifa couplehave to go thru hardship at the begining of their marriage, it helps a lot when there are no malicious family members to constantly ridiculetheir efforts to succeed togetherin life

Hmm... I guess you're right. It just seems like Krishna has always been on the recieving end of all the troubles. Ridiculed, degraded, slapped, practically disowned by family. But then, that's what makes it the great love story right? How they fight against all the odds? The marriage will definitely change Krishna for the better in the long term, but I dont think he wanted the change.

In my family, its always said that if there are too many arguments in the family, then the couple should move out before it gets worse. And everyone can be at peace. I think Kriya have reached that stage now.

Im very sorry for the old couple you mentioned. I hope that doesnt happen to anyone, where even 30 yrs later, your husband doesnt love you :(

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lighthousepier

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by telstra

why r u so afraid we will not bash you LOL see i beleive this marriage is worth it for krishna because he is getting all emotional and physical strenghts from the love of his life i.e pratigya and he is doing all this these days because he can se tha pratigya is right and his parents are wrong Big smile
saari dunya jaaye bhad main he can bear anything as far as prats is with him

LOL I'm afraid coz in this forums everyone takes out their knives and guns the second anything is said against Kriya as a couple.

I know that jab tak Prats is with Krishna he will fight against everything. But realistically thinking, I dont think I would have the courage to enter into such a marriage, where I know that apart from the other persons love, only misery awaits me. Love's not sufficient to live life. You need other support systems as well. Just how long can Kriya survive on this love alone? I think there might come a day when they say and really mean it, that why did they get married?

LOL ... I may be wrong, coz I havent experienced all this yet. But this is only what I've observed watching other couples around me.
---Yemi--- IF-Rockerz
---Yemi---
---Yemi---

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by elle45

we've seen him wake up his family in the grip of hurt & anger to proclaim that he regrets marrying her ...........then barely 24hrs later, tells everyone he is very lucky to havea wife like her...........he'll probably say there are good days & bad days just like in all marriages.......

long story short, KP's problemis a battle of ideoloies made more complicated because they choose to live with the extended family.....or to be more specific, Kchooses to still want to be financially dependent on the family money.

In real life, they would have moved out a while ago for the sake of peace.... and if the guy is unable to get a job, she with the education can start first......... ifa couplehave to go thru hardship at the begining of their marriage, it helps a lot when there are no malicious family members to constantly ridiculetheir efforts to succeed togetherin life

Hmm... I guess you're right. It just seems like Krishna has always been on the recieving end of all the troubles. Ridiculed, degraded, slapped, practically disowned by family. But then, that's what makes it the great love story right? How they fight against all the odds? The marriage will definitely change Krishna for the better in the long term, but I dont think he wanted the change.

In my family, its always said that if there are too many arguments in the family, then the couple should move out before it gets worse. And everyone can be at peace. I think Kriya have reached that stage now. - exactly.......

Im very sorry for the old couple you mentioned. I hope that doesnt happen to anyone, where even 30 yrs later, your husband doesnt love you :(

it was an arranged marriage that had its problems right from the start becoz the man obviously wanted someone else (according to what he now tells his children Ouch) but his sisters convinced him to go with this girl that they could  "mold' to fit thier family values since they would be livng as an extended family......... the lady being very educated herself and coming from a family where her parents, even though strict were very loving, considered her hubby as a pati.... whereas him & his family expected her to treat him as a pati parmeshwar...... the chldren have all grown up, graduated univ. and moved on so now its just  the two of them pretty much living as room mates in their house......... quite sad & unfortunate amd makes for an very uncomfortable & awkward atmosphere when the kids visit their parents

Edited by yemi3006 - 11 January 2011 at 5:43pm
MERARAI IF-Sizzlerz
MERARAI
MERARAI

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by elle45

In my family, its always said that if there are too many arguments in the family, then the couple should move out before it gets worse. And everyone can be at peace. I think Kriya have reached that stage now. - exactly.......

it was an arranged marriage that had its problems right from the start becoz the man obviously wanted someone else (according to what he now tells his children Ouch) but his sisters convinced him to go with this girl that they could  "mold' to fit thier family values since they would be livng as an extended family......... the lady being very educated herself and coming from a family where her parents, even though strict were very loving, considered her hubby as a pati.... whereas him & his family expected her to treat him as a pati parmeshwar...... the chldren have all grown up, graduated univ. and moved on so now its just  the two of them pretty much living as room mates in their house......... quite sad & unfortunate amd makes for an very uncomfortable & awkward atmosphere when the kids visit their parents

Interesting isn't it that the man didn't have just one but a few children with the woman he claims not to love. Moreover, when people get married, after a while co-existing becomes a matter of habit. His kids are grown up and moved on. If he was just miserable with her why not pack up and leave. He could be looking for attention she may be tired of giving him. Who knows if she wants some attention for a change herself. Most men are big babies and want a mommy figure into their twilight years. They forget their wives are getting older with them yet they want the wife to still run around do all things the way she did in the prime of her life. They think their wives are superwomen. Ermm

When it comes to Krishna he entered into it bec' he decided this was the girl he was going to love and love for life. He was sure of his commitment.  He often said, as long as he had Prats by his side he didn't care about anything else. He is self centered after all the pampering he got from his family.  Maybe there was still something missing, the emotional bonding with his parents if he is ready to walk away and live his life.

Edited by MERARAI - 11 January 2011 at 6:04pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

elle45---Yemi---

---Yemi--- IF-Rockerz
---Yemi---
---Yemi---

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MERARAI

When it comes to Krishna he entered into it bec' he decided this was the girl he was going to love and love for life. He was sure of his commitment.  He often said, as long as he had Prats by his side he didn't care about anything else. He is self centered after all the pampering he got from his family.  Maybe there was still something missing, the emotional bonding with his parents if he is ready to walk away and live his life.

and he specifically said he did not want his woman to be like his mom & SIL.......... and that when his Pratigyaji comes, she'll straighten everyone out ( a bit of naive bragging going  LOL) so he had to have recognized that the women that married into his family are missing something that appeals to him..... a spine.

I guess he just miscalculated how much of a trouble magnet his Pratigyaji would turn out to be.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MERARAI

Go to top