Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Kiran and Aamir's interesting interview (Page 8)

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

Micky_elle Goldie
Micky_elle
Micky_elle

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Ha ha Ghajini is pathbreaking! Is that what he thinks or the media portrayed it that way? Thing is this....the media has been going OTT over Aamir since his movies have started to become blockbusters and not to forget he took India to the Oscars....he also opened up to the media after TZP which helped this media frenzy....he has learnt that media is important to move his views forward and get the attention he wants....remember during RDB he wouldn't give interviews or promote the film? LOL He was stubborn and actually naive.......not anymore! haha!

I dont think he refused to promote RDB, but even if he did the movie worked well, A good movie never goes unnoticed. No matter what one cant just take away credit from this man for making movies like lagaan, TZP and peepli live hits. He took the risks and it paid off. He knew what would work for these movies. What I like about Aamir is he never has tht superstar aura status compared to SRK or salman nor does he act like one. I have nothing against salman or SRK, I love the way they are and at the same time I love Aamir for the way he is! It would be a tad too monotonous and boring if Aamir would have the same personality of SRK or Salman!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Antlers-PoisonIvy-

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:28am | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Micky_ellespunkpattinson

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 3:25am | IP Logged

The thread is about Kiran , isn't it.

well, I like her simplicity and think she is a nice person. But I hate the double standards of some viewers.

when Deepika/Shilpa chose a rich person being an actress, people call them names and say, they chose him because  the guy is powerful, rich etc...

when Kiran rao from no where married in to a super star, people don't think like that. 

Personally I don't believe any of these ladies are with those men due to money, nor deepika/shilpa nor kiran. But the double standard and compare her to other star wives is funny. Mostly other star wives are from bollywood families which are known to be glamorous or  from rich families. Kiran is maintaining  her way, that's nice and that is not  a fault of other star wivesSmile

Edited by Salma2 - 13 January 2011 at 3:27am
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragya0

The topic was initially about Kiran the producer, i guess we have all diverged quite a bit from the intention of the topic, nevertheless interesting debate Nuktha.

I can see your point, I'm not saying Aamir is not self obsessed, I'm saying it comes out more because his lack of charisma and humour. When some one like SRK keeps calling himself the best and claims for being the first one to be a star forever people take it easily because he is charismatic. People say typical SRK and laugh it off. Whereas Aamir tends to be so boring and meticulous we think he is arrogant. Yes he does come acroos as Arrogant but so doe the other star. However if people say Aamir is arrogant and some one like SRK is not then I find that as double standards.

Whether people are charismatic or not arrogance is the same thing. SRK gets away with it, Aamir doesn't.

And when I talk about good movies I dont mean Ghajini or Fanaa, I refer to TZP, Lagaan, Peepli Live. Yes they seem pretentious, preachy but give me that over some of the other crappy Bolly movies. A movie like MNIK is what I would call preachy, pretentious and over the top.

Aamir does push the buttons when he challenges the audience and under-estimates them, but then who doesnt. I get more pissed off when producers and actors take audience for granted and serve out crappy movies. Paying Rs 200 or 10 for a ticket to end up seeing a movie which is utterly disappointing when it has been promoted as the next best thing is as much if not more a case of insulting the audience. Atleast with Aamir's movies you know what to expect, its promoted as it is. And I say majority of the audience come out of the cinema saying that they have got their money's worth.

Anyhow as you said, i guess different strokes for different folks.....

i don't think any of the stars can be called down to earth... ironic, that TZP is considered pathbreaking then, and a Black gets criticised... personally, i don't see how the two movies are that different from each other, in terms of presentation... in any case... i just find it amusing, that's all...!   MNIK is preachy, most definitely, but just as much as a TZP... the topics are of course different... and obviously, both exaggerate the situation, one more so than the other...!   lagaan and peepli live are a different ball game, though... i wouldn't put them in the same category...  in any case, that is not what i meant anyways, because all of us would obviously have different choices in movies...!  

i don't dislike him personally, i just dislike a certain quality in the guy..  he might make good movies, but then he is not the only one... which is a fact... but when asked, he only mentions his own movies... TongueTongue   i don't think any of the other stars do that... most stars do have egos, be it anyone... don't think anyone denies that... but aamir does get a lot of benefit of the doubt, in comparison, precisely because of his 'intelligent' film maker image...!! 

what i did not like, is the comparison with other star wives to project kiran as the better person... when all people have is to judge them is by the amount of botox they get...!   TongueTongueTongue   it's nice that she is comfortable in her own skin... i love that quality about kiran... but she is young, and as you say, rather sounds like double standards, when aamir himself is just as botoxed... rather colourful reputation he has, doesn't he... people call amit ji a megalomaniac (however that is spelled), but aamir has the same airs about him... a lot of people have good movies, but then again, you should have an appreciation for other people's work too...!

whatever happened with amol gupte or even with chetan bhagat, doesn't say a lot about aamir as a person either... for someone who is supposedly secure, why does he has a hard time giving the credit where it's due... or is that courtesy not extended to the people behind the scenes...?  Confused   in any case....

he does has good movies, i don't deny that... but he most certainly is not the only one...!  

ladygaga

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 6:54am | IP Logged

Nuktaacheen

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragya0

I totally agree with you on that one- he should stop criticising other movies or other actors.
Sometimes I do feel like taping his mouth... but then we will run out of topics to discuss, wont we?Smile

LOLLOL   so true.... i count on the stars to make controversial statements.... bollywood would be extremely boring otherwise...!   WinkLOLLOL
Dexterkichokri IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 January 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged

Go to top