Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Kiran and Aamir's interesting interview (Page 7)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

why shall i waste my money on his movie at a theatre when he thinks the audience is dumb... TongueTongueTongue

i really don't think he implied audience is dumb. he said he didn't know who his target audience was! is it wrong to assume that many people will not be interested in a movie like dhobi ghaat? it's not because they are dumb it's because that sort of movie always historically has little audience. so budget has to be low and it has to be promoted in that fashion. but before that you need to know which type of audience will go to the theaters to see this movie na.

also big budget films are not bad. but if you are making a movie on a genre or topic that has little audience it's foolish to expect that people in hordes will go see the movie and a 100 cr budget is justified. not everyone is christopher nolan who can make a big budget superhero movie and still have so much depth in the story!

Lifo he has suggested that the audience is dumb.. at peepli live's dvd launch or something.. raja sen even wrote an article about it.. he said something like people are not smart enough to understand movies like dhobi ghaat.. coz they are really really good movies.. and quite sensitive too.. Heres the link to that article...

I personally think that going small fits aamir's persona.. he is far more comfortable with making small movies.. but then there are others who do find success in going big.. and they provide bollywood the glamour quotient.. no matter how much we mock dhoom 2, k3g, endhiran.. but these movies have a place in the history of our cinema.. if you take them out.. then it does take away a big chunk of commercial cinema.. yes sometimes our commerical cinema does lack depth.. but dreaming big and going big is very imp also. .acc to me..

Edited by ladygaga - 12 January 2011 at 4:34pm

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pragya0

All big stars have big egos. Some of them dress it nicely under the pretext of humour. I don't see many people having a problem with that.

Aamir lacks a sense of humour which is why he seems more self obsessed than others.

Aeast he doesnot come out with Atrocious self promoting statements that others make.

actually, even aamir does, like it or not... the only thing is, mosf of the 'others' also self mock and admit they do it out of their own lack of confidence...!   TongueTongue   but people only consider that part, and who says, they don't have problems with that...?  LOLLOL  isn't that why everyone who is part of their family even is mocked and constantly dragged on... TongueTongueTongue

and please, aamir lacks a sense of humour...?   i'd take that as an excuse, if that were true... he seems more self obsessed than others, perhaps, because he is... TongueTongueTongue   poor kat... she doesn't even get the benefit of the doubt, and even her diplomacy is considered 'an act'...!   TongueTongueTongue   what shall i call that...?  WinkTongueTongue   why is it that he is the only one who always has 'creative issues' with others... at least, others have the courtesy to give credit to others...

in any case... let's just agree to disagree on this...!  

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Lifo he has suggested that the audience is dumb.. at peepli live's dvd launch or something.. raja sen even wrote an article about it.. he said something like people are not smart enough to understand movies like dhobi ghaat.. coz they are really really good movies.. and quite sensitive too.. I personally think that going small fits aamir's persona.. he is far more comfortable with making small movies.. but then there are others who do find success in going big.. and they provide bollywood the glamour quotient.. no matter how much we mock dhoom 2, k3g, endhiran.. but these movies have a place in the history of our cinema.. if you take them out.. then it does take away a big chunk of commercial cinema.. yes sometimes our commerical cinema does lack depth.. but dreaming big and going big is very imp also. .acc to me..

If he said audience is not smart enough then he was wrong to have said that. Not all movies are meant for everybody doesn't make anyone smart or dumb....they are just not interested which is not equal to dumbness.

I agree about commercial cinema with little depth....that's totally fine...as long as it's good entertainment....and there is something new and fun in it.....I love such films but but don't you think some of the movies are actually bad as in there is nothing new and it's just same ol same ol OTT funny or super corny with no stories most of the time? You may enjoy them but you know they are not really that good....like you know fast food is not good but sometimes we do enjoy them and even crave them! LOL and don't you think some movies like Guzaarish and Raavan went a bit overboard with their money when the themes were not exactly massy in nature? The makers also seemed to have focused too much on the cast and forgot to develop the characters and make the script tight. But I get what you are saying....it's not like just because aamir's movie is small budget and seems to have that image of seriousness....the story will have depth and will be good and will not be pretentious and preachy! Budget is not equal to good or bad....that's for sure but it's good to think of economics before making a movie.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

why shall i waste my money on his movie at a theatre when he thinks the audience is dumb... TongueTongueTongue

i really don't think he implied audience is dumb. he said he didn't know who his target audience was! is it wrong to assume that many people will not be interested in a movie like dhobi ghaat? it's not because they are dumb it's because that sort of movie always historically has little audience. so budget has to be low and it has to be promoted in that fashion. but before that you need to know which type of audience will go to the theaters to see this movie na.

also big budget films are not bad. but if you are making a movie on a genre or topic that has little audience it's foolish to expect that people in hordes will go see the movie and a 100 cr budget is justified. not everyone is christopher nolan who can make a big budget superhero movie and still have so much depth in the story!

Lifo he has suggested that the audience is dumb.. at peepli live's dvd launch or something.. raja sen even wrote an article about it.. he said something like people are not smart enough to understand movies like dhobi ghaat.. coz they are really really good movies.. and quite sensitive too.. Heres the link to that article...

I personally think that going small fits aamir's persona.. he is far more comfortable with making small movies.. but then there are others who do find success in going big.. and they provide bollywood the glamour quotient.. no matter how much we mock dhoom 2, k3g, endhiran.. but these movies have a place in the history of our cinema.. if you take them out.. then it does take away a big chunk of commercial cinema.. yes sometimes our commerical cinema does lack depth.. but dreaming big and going big is very imp also. .acc to me..

Lifeolicious... you're a sweet aamir fan... let's just end the discussion with that...!   Wink

those who want to prove to aamir that they are the intellectuals and part of the smart audience will go and watch the movie, and even if they may not like it much, will praise it nonetheless... TongueTongueTongue   i'll see it on the dvd... and make up my own conclusions...!   Big smile

and if kareena can be blamed for her choice of words, i don't see why i need to judge aamir differently...  i've only got one scale, and i'm too kanjoos to buy another one.. WinkTongueTongue

If he said audience is not smart enough then he was wrong to have said that. Not all movies are meant for everybody doesn't make anyone smart or dumb....they are just not interested which is not equal to dumbness.

I agree about commercial cinema with little depth....that's totally fine...as long as it's good entertainment....and there is something new and fun in it.....I love such films but but don't you think some of the movies are actually bad as in there is nothing new and it's just same ol same ol OTT funny or super corny with no stories most of the time? You may enjoy them but you know they are not really that good....like you know fast food is not good but sometimes we do enjoy them and even crave them! LOL and don't you think some movies like Guzaarish and Raavan went a bit overboard with their money when the themes were not exactly massy in nature? The makers also seemed to have focused too much on the cast and forgot to develop the characters and make the script tight. But I get what you are saying....it's not like just because aamir's movie is small budget and seems to have that image of seriousness....the story will have depth and will be good and will not be pretentious and preachy! Budget is not equal to good or bad....that's for sure but it's good to think of economics before making a movie.

@ bold - definitely agree with...!  

Edited by Nuktaacheen - 12 January 2011 at 4:57pm

ladygaga

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:15pm | IP Logged

@Nuktacheen

ya let's end it here....i am probably giving a lot of benefit of doubt to aamir and looking at him with some red glasses on LOL but good discussion.

bebo haha...hey don't forget my fav sona... LOL though it would be nice if people would cut her some slack! itni bhi buri nahi hai woh! a bit full of herself and talks a bit much that's all na LOL

Nuktaacheen

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:20pm | IP Logged

@Nuktacheen

ya let's end it here....i am probably giving a lot of benefit of doubt to aamir and looking at him with some red glasses on LOL but good discussion.

bebo haha...hey don't forget my fav sona... LOL though it would be nice if people would cut her some slack! itni bhi buri nahi hai woh! a bit full of herself and talks a bit much that's all na LOL

see, i had the same problem with the abhay-sonam topic... one is applauded and the other is criticised for the same thing... to me, they both are in the same place... but let's leave it for that topic...!   she will learn... to me, she's more like a child... she gets angry and blurts out the first thought that comes to her mind... which is usually not a good thing... you get into a lot of trouble for that...!   EmbarrassedLOLLOL

yes, it was a good discussion...   Big smile

LifeOLicious

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
^I agree about that topic. and yes trouble for sure. as a fan i hit my head on the wall every now and then. i hope she learns with time! but let's stick to the topic. LOL

Edited by LifeOLicious - 12 January 2011 at 5:26pm

Nuktaacheen

Antlers IF-Sizzlerz
Antlers
Antlers

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
Aamir Khan is just pretentious about his films. that is all.  I'm sorry Aamir, but there are a lot of genre out there, but some might like yours, or maybe the intelligent even might not like your own "pretentious" cinema either. everyone has different taste in films. it's within us, and part of us. like it or not. gosh, calling people dumb, is calling Indians dumb. LOL b/c 95% of people who watch hindi films are Indians. LOL, yes we are all dumb, b/c we can't understand your films. LOL 

Nuktaacheen

Go to top