Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Kiran and Aamir's interesting interview (Page 5)

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

snobby, dolled up and botoxed... doesn't that describe aamir as well...?  except he is not overtly tanned...!  TongueTongueTongue

aamir has this sense of superiority about him... the i'm-better-than-thou airs, that i absolutely despise... his cinema is just as preachy and pretentious as a slb...

but i'll be smart and catch it on a dvd... Wink   why shall i waste my money on his movie at a theatre when he thinks the audience is dumb... TongueTongueTongue

though, i agree with him that the budgets should be kept in mind too, when making a film...!   that is so impractical, in todays' day and age...!

Agreed and also if stars wives don't want to be replaced by a younger lady.. like aamir replaced his first wife with kiran then.. they have to take care of themselves.. nothing wrong with dolling up.. if your hubbies themselves are so glam and the desire of every woman.

so true... LOLLOL   saare mard hi fasaad ki jad hain... i wanted to debate on that last time, lekin phir i figured, ke some things are best not elaborated...!   WinkTongueTongueTongue

kiran doesn't has to worry about botox yet... she's not that old.... but i guess she will use it later on too, when she's catching up on the years... TongueTongueTongueTongue    besides, aamir will have good references for her....!   WinkTongueTongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwladygaga

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

a lot of people have high opinions about themselves, but they don't take their audience for granted... TongueTongueTongue   i guess that's the major difference between aamir and as you say, the other khans, kapoors or kumar.... Tongue

I kind of saw Aamir as someone who was different from the crowd...that actually appealed to me because I thought he was good enough to have that arrogance that he was better than the rest LOL I don't mind arrogance when you ARE good enough....it's tolerable....but ya I understand why that is so not likable. I can't stand arrogance when you are not good enough and you think highly of yourself. That's delusional arrogance....but then it could just be me and my opinion matching haha! 

i guess i wouldn't have minded too much if he could make fun of himself as well... but even his ghajini is supposedly path breaking movie... Confused  and apparently, he is the only one capable of making meaningful cinema... SleepySleepy   if i wanna watch a movie that inspire me, there are many more... lucky for me, he is certainly not the only one, contrary to whatever he projects in the media...!   TongueTongueTongue

i don't mind ego too much, as such... every star has a huge ego... but there is also a certain humbleness that comes across... if that makes any sense... i just find that lacking in aamir...!!  

qwwwladygaga

LifeOLicious IF-Sizzlerz
LifeOLicious
LifeOLicious

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

also if stars wives don't want to be replaced by a younger lady.. like aamir replaced his first wife with kiran then.. they have to take care of themselves.. nothing wrong with dolling up.. if your hubbies themselves are so glam and the desire of every woman.

I think that is the main reason the star wives do all these things. to keep up with their hot and fit and botoxed hubbies!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwladygagaNuktaacheen

Antlers IF-Sizzlerz
Antlers
Antlers

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by LifeOLicious

a lot of people have high opinions about themselves, but they don't take their audience for granted... TongueTongueTongue   i guess that's the major difference between aamir and as you say, the other khans, kapoors or kumar.... Tongue

I kind of saw Aamir as someone who was different from the crowd...that actually appealed to me because I thought he was good enough to have that arrogance that he was better than the rest LOL I don't mind arrogance when you ARE good enough....it's tolerable....but ya I understand why that is so not likable. I can't stand arrogance when you are not good enough and you think highly of yourself. That's delusional arrogance....but then it could just be me and my opinion matching haha! 

i guess i wouldn't have minded too much if he could make fun of himself as well... but even his ghajini is supposedly path breaking movie... Confused  and apparently, he is the only one capable of making meaningful cinema... SleepySleepy   if i wanna watch a movie that inspire me, there are many more... lucky for me, he is certainly not the only one, contrary to whatever he projects in the media...!   TongueTongueTongue

i don't mind ego too much, as such... every star has a huge ego... but there is also a certain humbleness that comes across... if that makes any sense... i just find that lacking in aamir...!!  
I've read quite of few interviews of him and he's very manipulative, but then again who am I to say that? I don't know,but  Aamir- is very full of himself. people might not think that, but I always have.  I also saw the interview about hiliary clinton and him. that put me off even more. Idk why everyone gives him such high regards. Ermm because he was in lagaan, he was in Taare Zameen Par, or was his 3 idiots earned a lot of money. Idk.  i dont have anything against him. I like his movie, but no he doesnt make any less cinema than farah khan's Main Hoon Na or OSO or heck even 3 Idiots mimicked Saawariya in that song with Kareena and Aamir in it. blah! 

@ Botox- I think LadyGaGa hit the nail! I think they are much more influenced by their hubbies than society, which might have played a pitiful role. they are not bad people, they just want to look good. who doesn't want to look good these days?Confused

Edited by Theatre - 12 January 2011 at 12:57pm

ladygagaNuktaacheen

bbbccc IF-Dazzler
bbbccc
bbbccc

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Micky_elle

If I want to listen to noise, I'll listen to my washing machine!LOL
I love the way they were bickering about each others music tastes...Got to agree avery refreshing couple and interview!
About the 50 crore budget, I suppose he could be hinting at Farah Khan as well?
I don't think they refer anyone particular, 50Cr + all budget movies have failed miserably at BO. few names: Kites, Ravan, Guzaarish, Prince, TMK and list goes on and on...

Every other BW these days spend cr just on one item song, most of the money has gone in drain. What we see is famous actress exposing maximum with minimum dance. I wonder all hues about Kats belly dance in it. We have seen much better belly dances in any dance show at lowest costConfused

Movies like Tere Bin Laden and Phas gaye Obama are example that refreshing story based cinema still works much better..
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bbbccc

I love the way they were bickering about each others music tastes...Got to agree avery refreshing couple and interview!
I don't think they refer anyone particular, 50Cr + all budget movies have failed miserably at BO. few names: Kites, Ravan, Guzaarish, Prince, TMK and list goes on and on...

Every other BW these days spend cr just on one item song, most of the money has gone in drain. What we see is famous actress exposing maximum with minimum dance. I wonder all hues about Kats belly dance in it. We have seen much better belly dances in any dance show at lowest costConfused

Movies like Tere Bin Laden and Phas gaye Obama are example that refreshing story based cinema still works much better..

couldn't be Farah... TMK was a hit... TongueTongueTongue

most likely it's a dig at SLB... aamir has previously made comment about SLB's black as well... and he's good friends with salman... i'm guessing he's referring to Guzaarish or mostly Hrithik's movies.... especially with the supposed shared look they gave each other...!   TongueTongueTongue

don't think he considers Vivek's movie even worthy of his attention...!   TongueTongueTongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga

bbbccc IF-Dazzler
bbbccc
bbbccc

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheDilettante

Originally posted by TallyHo

I love the background score of DG in the promos....otherwise I am not too excited abt it....hope I am proved wrong by Kiran...all power to her !!

Me too. Just read that it's by Gustavo Santaolalla.
"Aamir: And you would've never got (Spanish guitarist) Gustavo Santaolalla."

A good actor shouldn't worry about the length of the role. Aamir Khan is probably the only actor in Bollywood who is secure about his position and aware of his star power to pull the audience even in a small film. In the past I was critical of Aamir's preachy cinema but I'm excited about this one.

So true, love him or hate him but can never ignore him.

In todays BW he is the most secure actor, Ajay is another actor who has been very consistent for last few years. Both are amazing actors and has something new to present everytime.
bbbccc IF-Dazzler
bbbccc
bbbccc

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bbbccc

couldn't be Farah... TMK was a hit... TongueTongueTongue

most likely it's a dig at SLB... aamir has previously made comment about SLB's black as well... and he's good friends with salman... i'm guessing he's referring to Guzaarish or mostly Hrithik's movies.... especially with the supposed shared look they gave each other...!   TongueTongueTongue

don't think he considers Vivek's movie even worthy of his attention...!   TongueTongueTongue
TMK didn't make money just recovered cost and It opened at biggest weekend, christmas + New year weekConfused

Prince had lot of money in it, and you are right else it is not even worth mentioning.

Go to top