Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Kiran and Aamir's interesting interview - Page 7

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: pragya0

The topic was initially about Kiran the producer, i guess we have all diverged quite a bit from the intention of the topic, nevertheless interesting debate Nuktha.

I can see your point, I'm not saying Aamir is not self obsessed, I'm saying it comes out more because his lack of charisma and humour. When some one like SRK keeps calling himself the best and claims for being the first one to be a star forever people take it easily because he is charismatic. People say typical SRK and laugh it off. Whereas Aamir tends to be so boring and meticulous we think he is arrogant. Yes he does come acroos as Arrogant but so doe the other star. However if people say Aamir is arrogant and some one like SRK is not then I find that as double standards.

Whether people are charismatic or not arrogance is the same thing. SRK gets away with it, Aamir doesn't.

And when I talk about good movies I dont mean Ghajini or Fanaa, I refer to TZP, Lagaan, Peepli Live. Yes they seem pretentious, preachy but give me that over some of the other crappy Bolly movies. A movie like MNIK is what I would call preachy, pretentious and over the top.

Aamir does push the buttons when he challenges the audience and under-estimates them, but then who doesnt. I get more pissed off when producers and actors take audience for granted and serve out crappy movies. Paying Rs 200 or 10 for a ticket to end up seeing a movie which is utterly disappointing when it has been promoted as the next best thing is as much if not more a case of insulting the audience. Atleast with Aamir's movies you know what to expect, its promoted as it is. And I say majority of the audience come out of the cinema saying that they have got their money's worth.

Anyhow as you said, i guess different strokes for different folks.....

i don't think any of the stars can be called down to earth... ironic, that TZP is considered pathbreaking then, and a Black gets criticised... personally, i don't see how the two movies are that different from each other, in terms of presentation... in any case... i just find it amusing, that's all...!   MNIK is preachy, most definitely, but just as much as a TZP... the topics are of course different... and obviously, both exaggerate the situation, one more so than the other...!   lagaan and peepli live are a different ball game, though... i wouldn't put them in the same category...  in any case, that is not what i meant anyways, because all of us would obviously have different choices in movies...!  

i don't dislike him personally, i just dislike a certain quality in the guy..  he might make good movies, but then he is not the only one... which is a fact... but when asked, he only mentions his own movies... πŸ˜›πŸ˜›   i don't think any of the other stars do that... most stars do have egos, be it anyone... don't think anyone denies that... but aamir does get a lot of benefit of the doubt, in comparison, precisely because of his 'intelligent' film maker image...!! 

what i did not like, is the comparison with other star wives to project kiran as the better person... when all people have is to judge them is by the amount of botox they get...!   TongueTongueTongue   it's nice that she is comfortable in her own skin... i love that quality about kiran... but she is young, and as you say, rather sounds like double standards, when aamir himself is just as botoxed... rather colourful reputation he has, doesn't he... people call amit ji a megalomaniac (however that is spelled), but aamir has the same airs about him... a lot of people have good movies, but then again, you should have an appreciation for other people's work too...!

whatever happened with amol gupte or even with chetan bhagat, doesn't say a lot about aamir as a person either... for someone who is supposedly secure, why does he has a hard time giving the credit where it's due... or is that courtesy not extended to the people behind the scenes...?  πŸ˜•   in any case....

he does has good movies, i don't deny that... but he most certainly is not the only one...!  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I totally agree with you on that one- he should stop criticising other movies or other actors.
Sometimes I do feel like taping his mouth... but then we will run out of topics to discuss, wont we?😊
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pragya0

I totally agree with you on that one- he should stop criticising other movies or other actors.
Sometimes I do feel like taping his mouth... but then we will run out of topics to discuss, wont we?😊

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   so true.... i count on the stars to make controversial statements.... bollywood would be extremely boring otherwise...!   πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
This content was originally posted by: Theatre

Aamir: I love old Hindi film songs from the '50s. But I also like classical and jazz. I'm not so much into popular music. I don't like noise'

MUSIC SNOB! there is no such thing as bad music. it's all music. btw popular music is done in your films. I call this music snob. 

Also, to all the members criticizing women with botox and such, thats so tasteless, IMHO. it's entertainment life. suck it up. no offense meant. stating my opinion. πŸ˜›

Yup and so was I, so you can suck it up too. No offense meant.πŸ˜›

And there is no such thing as bad music? Oh please....I consider country music with its chattahoochee coochie lyrics crappy music, so sue me. We all have different tastes, not everyone likes everything. Does not make anyone a snob for disliking a certain genre of music, film, art, painting whatever. Its called having a preference and we all have it. πŸ₯±

This content was originally posted by: ladygaga

Wow couldn't agree more, specially with the part in bold. Its like shunning glamorous people has become a new trend, and is it necessary the the lower you are in glam quotient the higher you are in intellegence.. i just don't see the connection!

Shunning glamorous people has become a trend? Since when?? If that was the case, Nandita Das in her handwoven silk sarees and earthy personality would be featuring on the cover of every damn men magazine out there instead of other starlets. Its the other way round. Just because some people on this forum like women that come across as earthy and grounded and dislike the generic SoCal housewives with their fake tan and overly botoxed face does not make it a trend. I personally find Adhuna Akhtar and Kiran Rao very refresing. But I also find Twinkle Khanna who's very glamorous refreshing. So its not like all earthy women = real, all glamorous women = fake! 

And nobody said anything about correlation between glamor and intelligence. Please don't put words into people's mouths. πŸ₯±
Edited by xetaxeta - 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: xetaxeta

Yup and so was I, so you can suck it up too. No offense meant.πŸ˜›

And there is no such thing as bad music? Oh please....I consider country music with its chattahoochee coochie lyrics crappy music, so sue me. We all have different tastes, not everyone likes everything. Does not make anyone a snob for disliking a certain genre of music, film, art, painting whatever. Its called having a preference and we all have it. πŸ₯±

Nooooooooo!!!! You don't like country? well, yes I'm definitely suing you πŸ˜†. My uncle loves country and since I used to hang out with him a lot as a kid so I guess I love it because I associate it with the blissful times of my childhood. 😊
Hanslal Mehta on Dhobi Ghat.

http://passionforcinema.com/dear-bombay/
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: TheDilettante

Hanslal Mehta on Dhobi Ghat.

http://passionforcinema.com/dear-bombay/

Dear Bombay,

Sorry my love for writing this random letter to you. I just want to tell you that I love you. I want to tell you that I am sorry my love.

I am sorry my love. I left you. I was angry. I was dejected. I was frustrated. I was hurt. I was cynical. I was disillusioned. I was selfish. I was stupid.

I am sorry my love. My love for you was not unconditional. My love for you was not selfless. My love for you did not stand the test of time. My love for you was not meant to be.

You did not question me when I abused you. You did not question me when I betrayed you. You did not question me when I hated you. You did not question me when I loved you. You did not question me when I returned.

I am sorry my love.

By the way, I met Arun yesterday. He lives in our beloved Mohammed Ali Road. He must be a good painter. He seems to love you. He listens to some really wonderful music. He is slightly ambiguous about his relationships. He smokes like a chimney. Just like you my love. He allows people into his life. He does not allow people to run his life. He lives in crowded streets. He is surrounded by humanity. Yet he is alone. Yes he is fragile. Just like you my love.

Then I met Yasmin. She described you so beautifully. She was so wistful yet she had so much hope strangled within her. I think I am in love with her. I want to hold her. I just want to tell her that all her longing can be fulfilled by you, my love. I want to hear her voice again. She kept talking to me last night as I slept cuddled in your arms. Can you find her for me?

I meet people like Shai every day. Smart. Mobile. Educated. Rich. Searching. Yearning. Running. Seeking. Refreshing. Uninhibited. Exhibitive. Giving. I must admit this. Initially I wasn't too sure if I liked her but now I quite like Shai.

As I write this letter to you my doorbell rings. Munna has come with my clothes. Washed, ironed, folded and delivered. Some starched. Some ruined. Some old. Some new. The dhobi has been my unbroken connect with you my love. So many dhobis. So many clothes. But this Munna dhobi is quite a character. At first I was unsure if I liked him. But now I do like him a lot. He reminds me of you. He is much more than a dhobi. He lives for a better tomorrow. He is capable of love. He is honorable. He is noble. He is human. He is a survivor. Like you my love.

I met this bespectacled girl called Kiran Rao yesterday. Behind those big, round glasses were eyes that displayed so much love for you. Her love for you made me so envious. How could she? Tell me my love, do you love her? She calls you Mumbai. I call you Bombay. I met you much before she did. Yet she seems to love you much more. Despite the terrible name she calls you by. I think she meets you more often than I do. She expresses much more to you than I can with this juvenile letter. Can you please recite this small couplet to her?

naazuki us ke lab ki kya kahiye
pankhdi ek gulaab ki si hai

Can you thank this Kiran Rao for making me love you all over again? Can you tell her that her tribute to you called 'Dhobi Ghat' or 'Mumbai Diaries' has begun to heal my selfish, scarred heart? Can you please let her know that I will look forward to the rains because of her? Can you thank her for introducing those lovely people last night – people that will remind me of you for the rest of my life? Can you tell her that I have discovered my eternal love for you because of her?
Actually please don't ask her all this. Just tell me this much…

Can you forgive me my beloved Bombay?

With love,
Hansal.

hmm...to me aamir always gives a vibe of a secure individual who is happy with whtever he has and does...i dunt think his cinema can be compared to that of SLB's and be termed as "pretentious"...SLB's films are wannabe guru-dutt, raj kapoor type...they try to be all aesthetic and profound but fall flat most of the times....Aamirs films have their own identity...they can be preachy...but they never claim to be masterpieces or classics....they just claim to be entertaining movies with butt chairs, rippling muscles, regular song and dance and even toilet humor....with crowd pulling themes like cricket(lagaan), revenge saga(ghajini), slapstick comedy(3 idiots)...he has a very keen commercial sense and exceptional marketing skills which is why even his so called "artsy" movies like peepli and TZP end up getting an audience....

i dunt think he looks down upon the audience for being dumb, when he himself made supposedly "commercial, lacking depth" kinda films for them like ghajini and 3I...i think he understands that ppl like entertaining movies, which is why whtever he produces or acts in become successes....SLB lacks that sense of entertainment in his films....he takes the audience for granted when he expects them to marvel at wonderful sets and costumes while completely ignoring the silly plot and phony dialogues.....aamir respects his audience and makes films which they can sit through...and if he can chuck a message or two in it, while entertaining ppl...then why not?