India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Mishal the Life of LTL !!! (Page 6)

silkroute Groupbie
silkroute
silkroute

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged

If someone had told me 6 months ago that I'd be hooked on to a TV serial to the point of obsessive behaviour and signing petitions to save the male lead from exiting, I would have laughed, derisively. Yet, that is precisely what I find myself doing. I don't watch TV serials; in fact I haven't really watched one properly for almost 7-8 years. My mother is an avid watcher and generally during evenings around dinner time, I catch a glimpse or two of whatever takes her fancy. That is how I began watching LTL. I don't exactly know when it happened but I certainly know why I got addicted to this show. So much so that I actually bothered to find more about it and stumbled onto this forum--something that I am immensely glad about. The sole reason was the male lead Mishal Raheja. In fact, I've read loads of posts of people saying the same thing. That, I think, is the magic that MR has spun. The fact that unwilling, disinterested watchers are so caught up in his charisma that they make the effort to go deeper, like I did. So no two ways, he is par excellence.

Recently, with all the furore of his leaving, a few people did say that he did not deserve such a wonderful character as DSP et all--most of which I feel was because they were upset. But it got me thinking about the actor v/s the character issue and honestly for me MR is a winner hands down. No doubt the character is well-written, but the way he has executed it is unbelievable. I have, again courtesy my mom, also watched a few episodes of another serial on Imagine which is a kind of me- too. The story revolves mostly around the guy who is sweet looking, acts ok but honestly can't keep me interested for more than 10 minutes.  That is where the actor possesses the character, exactly what MR has done. I was watching some episodes telecasted in June that I had missed. The ones where he first talks with Anna and when he makes Naku shoot at him, to be precise. I got goose bumps at MR's acting and when I compare it to what he has been doing lately which is getting drunk/rant/sulk, I find that his character has been butchered terribly. It goes to his credit that we still find it at the pinnacle to quote somebody. Had it been any other actor, instead of calling him 'Gadha' affectionately I certainly would have termed him a loser and stopped watching the show. That is why, I feel, he has risen above the character.

When someone-- whose praan will need a lot of jal once we are through with him-- says that LTL is a story of the basti girl, I am inclined to believe it purely because I feel that is how it must have been envisioned. It was Naku's fate, her ugliness, her struggles, her kindness and her love for the don with a scarred heart. But somewhere along the way a man called Mishal Raheja came and decided to change the rules of the game and see what's that landed us all into. Smile

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

duttarpitadramagodivya17-7sss8080shipsCyberOstrichnotsorrydroopy_asleepshish15ltl_fanmozart66kabeeraspeaking--Sia---Huma-AreYaar

rama_2010 IF-Dazzler
rama_2010
rama_2010

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Love once lost has been brought back by Dutta ... and that for me is Mishal Raheja...

Would surely appreciate the writer for giving us the character of Dutta Shriram Patil ..... but it was Mishal who made us love Dutta by his immensely gifted talent of acting... especially his silent dialogues... where we understood each n every expression of his......

ooh his grumpiness, the child like man is the most I like...... n the best of him was Mujhe meri nakusha abhi chahiye issi waqt.....  the way he smiles when he has tears in eyes.... is jus awww

i cd go on and on.... I would like to Thank Mishal for giving me the best gift of my life of DSP......

NO MR = NO LTL ....... n ofcourse..... NO TV for me... bec its the only show i watch......

Thanks anu for creating the post......

Edited by rama_2010 - 12 January 2011 at 10:42am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

duttarpitamozart66-Huma-

--khushi-- IF-Sizzlerz
--khushi--
--khushi--

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Superb Post Anu..............
Agree with ur every single word..................
Mishal is Jaan of LTL............................
Nobody can Play Dutta's role better then him............................
He give lyf to Dutta's charactor......................
U r the best Mishal...............
Plz  DUnno leave .....................

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Huma-

duttarpita Newbie
duttarpita
duttarpita

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
Hi Dear Anu And All My Friends In IF,

From yesterday afternoon, I am unable to open the discussion  thread related to LTL in facebook...After Bairi Piya's page, no discussion thread related to LTL is there!!!Shocked
ShockedSo does that mean that our demand of retaining MISHAL RAHEJA as DUTTA has been meet?Or it's a technical problem of  colours page on facebook or it's something tricky on the part of colour's to avoid our opinion? I am very confused. Please guys...help me....Do you all having the same problem?

With Love,

Arpita

Hi guys,

sorry ........It was a problem in my facebook page....that's why I was unable to open the discussion thread on colour's pageOuch.....today afternoon I have again send my opinion there
SmileSmileSmile

Arpita

CONTINUE TO EXPRESS YOUR VOICE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ON COLOUR"S DISCUSSION THREAD SEND BY ANU ON FACEBOOK ALONG WITH IF.....Thumbs Up

Edited by duttarpita - 13 January 2011 at 5:25am

-Huma-

stranger2rose IF-Stunnerz
stranger2rose
stranger2rose

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
i just cant imagine watching LTL without dutta and to all of us only mishal can play dutta. he is the life of the show my prime reason of watching the show. mishal has amazing screen presence and his silence speaks volumes . if mishal is not part of the show then i will certainly stop watching LTL .

-Huma-

divya17-7 Senior Member
divya17-7
divya17-7

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 11:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by duttarpita

Hi Dear Anu And All My Friends In IF,

From yesterday afternoon, I am unable to open the discussion  thread related to LTL in facebook...After Bairi Piya's page, no discussion thread related to LTL is there!!!Shocked
ShockedSo does that mean that our demand of retaining MISHAL RAHEJA as DUTTA has been meet?Or it's a technical problem of  colours page on facebook or it's something tricky on the part of colour's to avoid our opinion? I am very confused. Please guys...help me....Do you all having the same problem?

With Love,

Arpita

is it......... nothing of that sort yaar.............

i hav bcom so emotional reading ur views on mishal............. this much written seems less when v read it............... all this goes to dutta, larger than life man, MR...no doubt..............

yes it is his dark eyes which r so dark, v get lost in them n start searching for reactions n end up perceiving so many visions for various situations........... amazing actor with amazing talent............

he sure must b as emotional as us.......... hope he reads all these IF pages.......... so much u ppl contribute.......... he must b terribly humbled............... by ur discussions..............

i completely adore every scene of him......... i stil dont get tired of watching his episodes again n again................. god bless him...........

luv
divya

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

duttarpita-Huma-

Pinki_Baul Newbie
Pinki_Baul
Pinki_Baul

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:03am | IP Logged

tHANKS..aNU-rEDDY FOR UR VALUABLE COMMENT 

HEY ANU HAVE U READ MISHAL'S INTERVIEW WITH THE TELEBIRD. HE TOLD THAT HE WILL BE WITH LTL AT THE END OF FEB'11 N HE HOPES TO RENEW HIS CONTRACTS WITH THE PRODUCTION HOUSE FOR MORE TIME. HOPE HE WILL NOT LEAVE...

THANKS MISHAL FOR BEING OUR DEAREST DUTTABHAU..

-Huma-

duttarpita Newbie
duttarpita
duttarpita

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Anu dear....

A great post ClapClapClapClapClap.....Whatever you have written is so true....I completely agree with you......

I am speachless after reading the post.....kudos to you....Star StarStarStarStar

With love and best wishes,

Arpita Smile

MISHAL RAHEJA AS DUTTA BHAU ZINDABAD Thumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

-Huma-

Go to top