Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Sushant-Ankita in JDJ-All discussions here 2 (Page 68)

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

@Meenakshi: See, I agree that some states have their associations and so on, but regional bias is something which cannot be dictated beforehand. People living in small towns feel emotionally connected at times. Many feel that they should support their kin from the same state. I understand that it is difficult for you to believe this, cos you being a Bihari don't feel inclined to vote that way. I'm a Maharashtrian myself, but even I never take such things into consideration and feel its silly to be biased because of such reasons. What I stated is only based on the trends noted ever since the reality shows began.

I agree with the fact that Baichung is popular and even deserving. I was also rooting for him. I did not say that he won becos of regional bias. But yes, somewhere the bias was there and articles were carried out in it. I have seen such bias in states like Rajasthan as well. It just depends on the mindset of the people, there are no fixed rules about it that it will happen in this state and not in that state.

Plus Shekhar's support system is huge.

@Tiya: Ankita's Maharashtrian connection is not really very apparent neither does she use it to ask for votes in the show by speaking in Marathi etc. Shekhar's connection is far too apparent. And I really doubt that many people know Ankita is from Indore- that thing too hasn't been highlighted much. See, we know it bcos we are active on this site and follow SBS/SBB etc. Many many people don't. Most people do not even take the lives of soap stars seriously.  Example is in JDJ forum. Some people did not even know what serial Sushant-Ankita were working in. I told them.

As I see it, there are two reasons for Anki not getting high votes:

The common vote bank of soap audience is getting divided between Ragini, Anki, Mahi, Sushant. Out of these Sushant is getting favoured cos the guy always gets favoured as girls are more likely to vote for him, plus, he's doing excellently.

Second, Anki hasn't delivered any truly spectacular performance till now, which would truly make people, who are not her fans, sit up and take notice and start rooting for her, even though she has got a lot of appreciation. Her kathak was a step in that direction, but she hasn't yet won supporters like Chang, Yana or Sushant are winning. She is compared to Ragini as of now, (though I personally feel she is much better than Ragini)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahiTiyaliTanyaz

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 12:47pm | IP Logged

Okay forgetting this serious discussion for a while..

Have there been any promos of the next episode? I came to know that Ajay and Emran Hashmi came this week and they were praising Sushant a lot. I like Ajay, and I have a feeling that this particular film is going to be a good one..

Wonder how Sushant was able to concentrate on dance when he was so glum.. poor guy!!

dhahilunzaTanyaz

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
courtesy Dishtracking.com

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Monday, 24th January, 2011 at 9:00 pm Only on Sony
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Monday, 24th January, 2011 at 9:00 pm Only on Sony Entertainment Television

In tonight's episode it's time for the fifth elimination on the show. This time round the theme on Dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa was of 'Colours'. Ragini and her choreographer delivered a stupendous performance. Both Ragini and Nirav decided on the color black and performed blind-folded leaving everyone staring in disbelief. We also have special guest on the show Ajay Devgan & Emraan Hasmi……They also entertain the audience with their dancing skills…..

Who was eliminated & who received the highest score?

Don't forget to tune into Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa on 24th January, 2011 Monday at 9:00pm only on Sony Entertainment Television

--Minks--coolpratzTanyaz

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Emraan and Ajay on Jhalak, looking forward to that

I am happy that Ankita and Yana are both back. I still don't understand how either one ended up being eliminated in the first place.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahi

--Minks-- Senior Member
--Minks--
--Minks--

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
@ Niki..... I agree completely with the whole regional bias being an important element in the show, with voting systems. I had myself said at the start of the show that it would play an important role like last season, especially with reference to Chang....

My only grouse is with "Shekhar Suman".... he has not delivered except for the first "Jalwa"dance, which was a big surprise for me.. I don't begrudge the fact that he has not been eliminated till now, it is all a matter of luck / destiny, is what I believe. However, I cannot digest the fact that there is a huge fan base for him, bigger than Chang, Ankita, Ragini, Daya and others.... I agree that the soap- audience vote would be getting divided between the main soap actors, and hence they have all come in bottom three once at least. 

What is mind - boggling is that Sushant and Shekhar are the only two people on the show with such high votes, that they have never come in the bottom. Sushant - I do understand, I would myself stay up all night and vote for this guy if need be (have not done so till now)..... Who are supporting Shekhar and why? 

The older generation who watched him in Dekh bhai Dekh (my younger cousins don't know of him much, so assuming that he is more popular among the older lot)..... Women ---- they don't sms much (its a generalised opinion, but I think it sounds reasonable).... people in villages in Bihar don't have set-top boxes, without which you cannot watch Sony...... there is still shortage of electricity, and it is for 6 hours on average at max.... 

Younger generation do not identify with him (maybe its a prejudice on my part), and men of the older generation don't watch many dance shows......... 

Well, I guess I am in a way repeating myself, because of the simple disbelief in the so-called high popularity of this guy, who has been giving average performances for the past 4 weeks now. His acts / mannerisms don't seem to be so age - appropriate....  and so on.... 

Why do people like him? Confused

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by teacher25

@ Niki..... I agree completely with the whole regional bias being an important element in the show, with voting systems. I had myself said at the start of the show that it would play an important role like last season, especially with reference to Chang....

My only grouse is with "Shekhar Suman".... he has not delivered except for the first "Jalwa"dance, which was a big surprise for me.. I don't begrudge the fact that he has not been eliminated till now, it is all a matter of luck / destiny, is what I believe. However, I cannot digest the fact that there is a huge fan base for him, bigger than Chang, Ankita, Ragini, Daya and others.... I agree that the soap- audience vote would be getting divided between the main soap actors, and hence they have all come in bottom three once at least. 

What is mind - boggling is that Sushant and Shekhar are the only two people on the show with such high votes, that they have never come in the bottom. Sushant - I do understand, I would myself stay up all night and vote for this guy if need be (have not done so till now)..... Who are supporting Shekhar and why? 

The older generation who watched him in Dekh bhai Dekh (my younger cousins don't know of him much, so assuming that he is more popular among the older lot)..... Women ---- they don't sms much (its a generalised opinion, but I think it sounds reasonable).... people in villages in Bihar don't have set-top boxes, without which you cannot watch Sony...... there is still shortage of electricity, and it is for 6 hours on average at max.... 

Younger generation do not identify with him (maybe its a prejudice on my part), and men of the older generation don't watch many dance shows......... 

Well, I guess I am in a way repeating myself, because of the simple disbelief in the so-called high popularity of this guy, who has been giving average performances for the past 4 weeks now. His acts / mannerisms don't seem to be so age - appropriate....  and so on.... 

Why do people like him? Confused

I have been wondering the same thing! Shekhar is one of the weakest contestants on Jhalak yet he has never been in danger of elimination but Ragini and Ankita who have pretty big fanbases have been in the bottom three more than once. What gives?
lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 21 January 2011 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
hey , just watched the promo posted .. sushant is wearing a purple shade dress and dancing on banda yeh bindass ..... and ajay says it is the best performance of the day

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nikhilsahai

Go to top