Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: nikitagmc

@Minakshi:

I guess you didn't read my detailed posts in JDJ forum.

The soap watching population gets divided between Ankita, Ragini, Mahi and Sushant. Out of them Sushant is the best so he gets saved. Anyways, guys gets favoured in reality shows more cos girls vote for them so its kind of obvious.

Did you see last season of JDJ? The winner was Baichung Bhutia who was in no comparison to Gauhar Khan. Yes, he was good and even I was supporting him and so were many other, but regional bias in his case cannot be ignored, wherein the local groups in the north-east states were FUNDING people with sim cards and talktime and voting for him in groups. Are the north east states of India very rich? They are not, infact a majority population consists of tribal people. Still Baichung won, cos he had a lot of support in some groups (I forgot the name) who encouraged people to vote saying 'Make OUR boy win.' Same thing happened with Debojit Saha in SRGMP and one more contestant in II whose name I've forgotten right now. Chang may be from Bihar, but he hasn't emphasized a lot on this factor in the show. Shekhar has an upper hand here than him.

This is the way it happens. And who knows it is happening in Shekhar's case too. Remember, he has political support too.

Add to that the fact that yes, Bihar consists of villages, but here I'm speaking of the voting population- i.e people in small towns and upwards, who have TV's and cell phones (nowadays everybody has cell phones). They are the ones most likely to be affected by such regional bias.

States like Maharashtra do consist of more 'developed cities', as everyone likes to say, but these metropolitan people are the ones who are less affected by this regional bias. They are not likely to vote for Ankita just cos she is a Maharashtrian. As I told you about the news report that I saw, people of Mumbai Pune etc. do not even vote a lot in such shows.

There is a lot of permutation and combination in such issues about which I can't discuss at length here, maybe cos this would not be the right place to do so. However I've stated just the main points in short. There are a lot more factors too, in my opinion. See, these are just my observations based on the reality shows I've seen. I can't vouch for that. I already said that who knows maybe its all scripted and nothing else. But I only wished to point out that don't think that Bihar will lag behind in voting and all. Previous examples show it is never the case that states which are demographically poor don't vote or anything like that.

hey nikitagmc, i am just radomly jumping in the convo. i agree with you. people like shekar, who have been in the industry longer, have connections, word of mouth spreads like fire. also the key point is that , people in the villages are MORE affected by these shows, and appeals to their mindsets a LOT MORE than others. so, its perfectly understandable that all of bihar and neighbouring states vote for him. people in villages, tend to get soo proud of their kin that , any dance is good for them. ( i am not saying they cannot diffrentitate between the quality of dancing, just that if a person from their state is dancing, they just dont care). 
thats why many politicians, campaign vastly to the rural population. 

but my issue is with ankita being in the bottom. she is a popular soap star.infact, people idolize archana, naa? the marathi aspect of it is vastly publicized. infact, till JDJ, all she did was perform on marathi numbers. its an open secret that she grew up in indore. 
despite that, why is she in the bottom? i get that mumbai, pune are developed cities, who are not affected, but what about ALL OF maharastra and madhya pradesh? doesnt the marathi cord NOT strike between the people living in smaller towns in maharastra enough to get her going? or MP? 

there are three major components:
1) scoring
2)SMS voting
3) online voting. 
going by the concept of number manipulation, should that be uniform for all contestants? 
and on the same note of people in developed cities not voting as much, and the voting divided between the tele stars,its hard to digest that MAHI is getting MORE votes than ANKITA.

sorry for such a long post on such a dry, incomprehensible topic. just tht your post intersted me. 
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@Meenakshi: See, I agree that some states have their associations and so on, but regional bias is something which cannot be dictated beforehand. People living in small towns feel emotionally connected at times. Many feel that they should support their kin from the same state. I understand that it is difficult for you to believe this, cos you being a Bihari don't feel inclined to vote that way. I'm a Maharashtrian myself, but even I never take such things into consideration and feel its silly to be biased because of such reasons. What I stated is only based on the trends noted ever since the reality shows began.

I agree with the fact that Baichung is popular and even deserving. I was also rooting for him. I did not say that he won becos of regional bias. But yes, somewhere the bias was there and articles were carried out in it. I have seen such bias in states like Rajasthan as well. It just depends on the mindset of the people, there are no fixed rules about it that it will happen in this state and not in that state.

Plus Shekhar's support system is huge.

@Tiya: Ankita's Maharashtrian connection is not really very apparent neither does she use it to ask for votes in the show by speaking in Marathi etc. Shekhar's connection is far too apparent. And I really doubt that many people know Ankita is from Indore- that thing too hasn't been highlighted much. See, we know it bcos we are active on this site and follow SBS/SBB etc. Many many people don't. Most people do not even take the lives of soap stars seriously.  Example is in JDJ forum. Some people did not even know what serial Sushant-Ankita were working in. I told them.

As I see it, there are two reasons for Anki not getting high votes:

The common vote bank of soap audience is getting divided between Ragini, Anki, Mahi, Sushant. Out of these Sushant is getting favoured cos the guy always gets favoured as girls are more likely to vote for him, plus, he's doing excellently.

Second, Anki hasn't delivered any truly spectacular performance till now, which would truly make people, who are not her fans, sit up and take notice and start rooting for her, even though she has got a lot of appreciation. Her kathak was a step in that direction, but she hasn't yet won supporters like Chang, Yana or Sushant are winning. She is compared to Ragini as of now, (though I personally feel she is much better than Ragini)

nikitagmc thumbnail

Okay forgetting this serious discussion for a while..

Have there been any promos of the next episode? I came to know that Ajay and Emran Hashmi came this week and they were praising Sushant a lot. I like Ajay, and I have a feeling that this particular film is going to be a good one..

Wonder how Sushant was able to concentrate on dance when he was so glum.. poor guy!!

nikitagmc thumbnail
courtesy Dishtracking.com

Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Monday, 24th January, 2011 at 9:00 pm Only on Sony
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Monday, 24th January, 2011 at 9:00 pm Only on Sony Entertainment Television

In tonight's episode it's time for the fifth elimination on the show. This time round the theme on Dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa was of 'Colours'. Ragini and her choreographer delivered a stupendous performance. Both Ragini and Nirav decided on the color black and performed blind-folded leaving everyone staring in disbelief. We also have special guest on the show Ajay Devgan & Emraan Hasmi……They also entertain the audience with their dancing skills…..

Who was eliminated & who received the highest score?

Don't forget to tune into Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa on 24th January, 2011 Monday at 9:00pm only on Sony Entertainment Television
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Emraan and Ajay on Jhalak, looking forward to that

I am happy that Ankita and Yana are both back. I still don't understand how either one ended up being eliminated in the first place.
--Minks-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Niki..... I agree completely with the whole regional bias being an important element in the show, with voting systems. I had myself said at the start of the show that it would play an important role like last season, especially with reference to Chang....

My only grouse is with "Shekhar Suman".... he has not delivered except for the first "Jalwa"dance, which was a big surprise for me.. I don't begrudge the fact that he has not been eliminated till now, it is all a matter of luck / destiny, is what I believe. However, I cannot digest the fact that there is a huge fan base for him, bigger than Chang, Ankita, Ragini, Daya and others.... I agree that the soap- audience vote would be getting divided between the main soap actors, and hence they have all come in bottom three once at least. 

What is mind - boggling is that Sushant and Shekhar are the only two people on the show with such high votes, that they have never come in the bottom. Sushant - I do understand, I would myself stay up all night and vote for this guy if need be (have not done so till now)..... Who are supporting Shekhar and why? 

The older generation who watched him in Dekh bhai Dekh (my younger cousins don't know of him much, so assuming that he is more popular among the older lot)..... Women ---- they don't sms much (its a generalised opinion, but I think it sounds reasonable).... people in villages in Bihar don't have set-top boxes, without which you cannot watch Sony...... there is still shortage of electricity, and it is for 6 hours on average at max.... 

Younger generation do not identify with him (maybe its a prejudice on my part), and men of the older generation don't watch many dance shows......... 

Well, I guess I am in a way repeating myself, because of the simple disbelief in the so-called high popularity of this guy, who has been giving average performances for the past 4 weeks now. His acts / mannerisms don't seem to be so age - appropriate....  and so on.... 

Why do people like him? 😕

nikitagmc, there is an article, in JDJ forum that says sushant was the highest scorer, getting 9's from all the three judges.

and thanks for clearing the issues. it helped and your reasoning is right.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: teacher25

@ Niki..... I agree completely with the whole regional bias being an important element in the show, with voting systems. I had myself said at the start of the show that it would play an important role like last season, especially with reference to Chang....

My only grouse is with "Shekhar Suman".... he has not delivered except for the first "Jalwa"dance, which was a big surprise for me.. I don't begrudge the fact that he has not been eliminated till now, it is all a matter of luck / destiny, is what I believe. However, I cannot digest the fact that there is a huge fan base for him, bigger than Chang, Ankita, Ragini, Daya and others.... I agree that the soap- audience vote would be getting divided between the main soap actors, and hence they have all come in bottom three once at least. 

What is mind - boggling is that Sushant and Shekhar are the only two people on the show with such high votes, that they have never come in the bottom. Sushant - I do understand, I would myself stay up all night and vote for this guy if need be (have not done so till now)..... Who are supporting Shekhar and why? 

The older generation who watched him in Dekh bhai Dekh (my younger cousins don't know of him much, so assuming that he is more popular among the older lot)..... Women ---- they don't sms much (its a generalised opinion, but I think it sounds reasonable).... people in villages in Bihar don't have set-top boxes, without which you cannot watch Sony...... there is still shortage of electricity, and it is for 6 hours on average at max.... 

Younger generation do not identify with him (maybe its a prejudice on my part), and men of the older generation don't watch many dance shows......... 

Well, I guess I am in a way repeating myself, because of the simple disbelief in the so-called high popularity of this guy, who has been giving average performances for the past 4 weeks now. His acts / mannerisms don't seem to be so age - appropriate....  and so on.... 

Why do people like him? 😕

I have been wondering the same thing! Shekhar is one of the weakest contestants on Jhalak yet he has never been in danger of elimination but Ragini and Ankita who have pretty big fanbases have been in the bottom three more than once. What gives?
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey , just watched the promo posted .. sushant is wearing a purple shade dress and dancing on banda yeh bindass ..... and ajay says it is the best performance of the day
nikhilsahai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hye guys i m frm bihar i m living in patna as far the above disscussion  concerned abt shekhar  & getting more votes is concerned i will clear u people abt this ,in bihar both reality shows & serials like pr is very popular but shekhar suman has not done anything for the betterment of bihar ,i think show is to some extent especially on elimination matter  is rigged bcoz i regularly vote ankita& sushant so many times but i think it is the channel who decides whom to eliminate for gettingmore trps