Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beetaurus thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
It is so sad to see the show now.    It is little bit too extreme for me.  I am not saying they are trying to show Gujju culture here.

They have chosen to show this one  single Gujju family as the bad one, especially the Bua and Baa.  Also Bharati(Amba ji) is also not very reasonable all the time.

It is true cultural differences do exist in India, as I also came in from there.  Instead of having patience and trying to understand the other culture, they are just bashing which to me is somewhat annoying.  I just hope RMJ show some balance in creating some better understanding.  Just my opinion.
bicky522 thumbnail
they actually shown Punjabi's in bad light as well. (Like punjabis being party animals and gujjus so strict, when in my experience it was the exact opposite)  i think their just portraying how each thinks of the other to be.
HalkatJawaniJay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: taral83

Some of the stuff doesn't even make sense. Like for tom....they want mona to come for her pag-fera. I am also Gujju and yes we have that also in our tradition. The daughter goes back to her house for a day after the marriage, next day, her brothers come to pick her up. Then later that evening or next day, the husband comes and takes her back. There was another thing that was a bit off also, but I forget. I think what they are trying to show is one family with discipline, who live by rules and standards and another family that is more carefree live each day like its your last. And how being one or another is actually wrong, but live with both beliefs together is the perfect way to live. One should have rules as well as living life to the fullest. 

@bold that's what I was thinking, I'm Punjabi hindu, but as a hindu be it Gujju, Punju...I thought we had same traditions maybe done little differently so I was confused with that. They did the same thing during marriage where sister's ask for "neg" Bejal goes what kind of tradition is this whereas you see Hetal and Sejal asking for "neg" when Monalp come for pheras...wish CV's do more research on both cultures before portraying them one way or other.
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kajolj

@bold that's what I was thinking, I'm Punjabi hindu, but as a hindu be it Gujju, Punju...I thought we had same traditions maybe done little differently so I was confused with that. They did the same thing during marriage where sister's ask for "neg" Bejal goes what kind of tradition is this whereas you see Hetal and Sejal asking for "neg" when Monalp come for pheras...wish CV's do more research on both cultures before portraying them one way or other.

Yes..thanks for reminding me where they made the second "gujju tradition  mistake"..........the NEG that hetal asked for from her Bhabhi........as for as I remember and what I have done in the past. The only time we ask the other side for money or "neg" is if we are from the girls side and groom is our Jiju (for shoes and holding his way during phera).....but if we have a brother getting married, we ask the brother for money because after that, all pocket money will got to his wife, sort of like our last chance to get what we can....😆...So we stop his way before they enter the house after getting married, not at the Mandap. So, whoever the writer are they don't know the traditions of both cultures and are making lots of mistakes. I mean come one, if your whole story is based on two different cultures, at least educate yourself and give the right facts and ceremonies. And I have nothing against Punjabi culture either, actually i find it great and interesting. As someone else said in the forum, many of the ceremonies and stuff are same just done in different ways that is all. At the end of the day we are all Hindu. I am sure many things are similar with Muslim culture as well, just different ways of doing things. Somewhere down the line our roots do meet so similarity is defiantly there.
Edited by taral83 - 13 years ago
np2007 thumbnail
Thats what i m trying to say, CV's better study both the cultures properly before showing them on the serial....and portraying either one bad on screen