India-Forums

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi
Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori... Ram Milaayi Jodi

RMJ's showing Gujju's bad is not fair

np2007 Newbie
np2007
np2007

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Guys, This RMJ should show both the culture and how they merge with each other, instead here they keep showing how Gujju culture is very bad..............which is totally unfair.

Infact Gujju's are very flexible and they adopt all the cultures very nicely...they are not that conservative or rigid with traditions.
They keep saying gujju's are kanjoos-------very very bad of this show... I started watching this show thinking they will show how they adopt & respect each other's culture not make fun of Gujju culture...

No matter what plp are different and there are certain things in every culture which other may think as too  conservative....But here they keep making fun of Gujju culture and show as if its bad

What say ?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

pagalladki247sweta2541984faminapearldesaisonika74MistiofMistzshahsb_26

sherma IF-Rockerz
sherma
sherma

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
i dont tink dere r showing gujju as a bad culture.its just mindset of certain individual.for eg peopl just assume dat sardars r dumb,but i hav sum friends who is a sardar and is a rockstar.in d sAME WAy in d show d punjabi just assume dey r kanjus,similarly d gujju assumes dat punjabi r big show off.i am liking d show now, d differnece between two families,2 culture, sasural mayka will b shown.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nycsweetie

HalkatJawaniJay IF-Dazzler
HalkatJawaniJay
HalkatJawaniJay

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
I agree with you that it's bad showing Gujju's this way, but I think in order to show how these two cultures merge together, they have to show and highlight their differences, before they start to respect each other.

Edited by kajolj - 11 January 2011 at 12:33pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Davinycsweetie

Davi IF-Dazzler
Davi
Davi

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:02pm | IP Logged
As kajol mentioned, they are simply highlighting the difference between the 2 cultures. In reality too, its not easy to simply adapt to a new culture so quickly. I agree they are a bit over the top showing the gujju family being so strict and rigid.

HalkatJawaniJay

taral83 IF-Dazzler
taral83
taral83

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Some of the stuff doesn't even make sense. Like for tom....they want mona to come for her pag-fera. I am also Gujju and yes we have that also in our tradition. The daughter goes back to her house for a day after the marriage, next day, her brothers come to pick her up. Then later that evening or next day, the husband comes and takes her back. There was another thing that was a bit off also, but I forget. I think what they are trying to show is one family with discipline, who live by rules and standards and another family that is more carefree live each day like its your last. And how being one or another is actually wrong, but live with both beliefs together is the perfect way to live. One should have rules as well as living life to the fullest. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pagalladki247sexyindiananjalianjaliHalkatJawaniJay

np2007 Newbie
np2007
np2007

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
True, Gujju's too hv that  rasam similar to pag-phera....

One more thing also, when they showed Mona fainting the reason were so bizzare that her baju-bandh and kamar-bandh (which actually were very light compared to other jewellery she was wearing) caused her to faint....Even though tight that reason for her fainting didnt seem real
pagalladki247 Newbie
pagalladki247
pagalladki247

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 2:14pm | IP Logged

i totally agree, GUJJUS RULE!!!

P.S. I've read somewhere before that gujjus came from punjab so wouldnt it make us all the same?  just cerious!!!
nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sherma

i dont tink dere r showing gujju as a bad culture.its just mindset of certain individual.for eg peopl just assume dat sardars r dumb,but i hav sum friends who is a sardar and is a rockstar.in d sAME WAy in d show d punjabi just assume dey r kanjus,similarly d gujju assumes dat punjabi r big show off.i am liking d show now, d differnece between two families,2 culture, sasural mayka will b shown.

i agree

sherma

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index