Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Low-Budget films not viable for me: Akshay (Page 3)

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

Originally posted by bandicoot

^bollywood or south or east or west..everybody is vain..or atleast MOST people are vain

It is just about the tact in giving interviews... If he worded it differently, he could have given out a different view here.

i guess you are right...

still, i don't see how his statement is offensive... what he said, isn't exactly false....!

it isnt false at all.
It just gives the vibe that low budget movies are below his level

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

laly

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

^bollywood or south or east or west..everybody is vain..or atleast MOST people are vain

It is just about the tact in giving interviews... If he worded it differently, he could have given out a different view here.

i guess you are right...

still, i don't see how his statement is offensive... what he said, isn't exactly false....!

it isnt false at all.
It just gives the vibe that low budget movies are below his level

i'm no akshay fan, but i didn't get that vibe at all... he has only faced failure everytime he has tried to do some off beat or serious movie.... so really, people don't expect such movies from him in general... that's why they fail... on the other hand, something like kambakht ishq is actually a hit... even tmk is above average/hit... so really, not his fault entirely for the kind of movies he does....!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chandaursitareqwww-Mmmmm-

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Yeah he did that flop movie called Tasveer 8 X 10  or something like that. He ventured out of his comedy/action films and got burned so I dont blame him.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chandaursitareSalma2Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
^ well he is failing even in his comedy/action movies now.

im no fan im no akshay hater

kambakht ishq was a hit???????
qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 2:13pm | IP Logged

yeah unfortunately it was.
TMK too.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mmmmm-petticoat

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 2:17pm | IP Logged

yes, it is a hit...  and tmk is not a flop (even if many members want it to be, lmao)... it is actually a semi hit....!   Tongue   so that's not exactly failing....!   TongueTongue

never said you were.... but people tend to judge him more harshly... aamir's can call the audience dumb, and it's all fine, but if akshay says it's not viable for him to do low budget movies, apparently it's an insult...!   TongueTongue   i guess since aamir has esablished an image for the 'thinking audience' so called... WinkTongueTongue

chandaursitareqwww-Mmmmm-petticoat

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
somehow aamir did that i guess.

Im not a big fan of taare zameen par because of the sensationalisation of the issue. I cried when i watched like most people but later felt like a fool while rewatching the movie.

aamir has his pitfalls- Mangal Pandey

Some fans always trying to conjure ingenuity even when it doesnt exist.

like below: an excellent blog writer gives tips on hw to write a dan brown novel in 10 steps or soLOL

Now we get to the cover.

Just a couple of quick design observations. The A's have their middle line removed, just like that, to give them an exotic touch. Also Note the 3 O's lined up in a mystically straight line, with some smoke seeming to arise from the W. It will serve as a plot element and also provide many hours of puzzle solving entertainment to n00bs who believe Brown is the Cryptographic pwnz0r. It might also help spread a rumour on some sort of a viral promotion campaign website that there is a symbolic connection between the number of cells on that stained-glass image on the cover and the title of the next book, or something like that. Our brains are wired to detect patterns, even when there aren't any, so feel free to be generous with utterly pointless symbolisms.

i thought tmk did well too. Havent seen the movie but i did hear good reviews and it recovered its production cost and made more money too

Edited by bandicoot - 11 January 2011 at 2:28pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwww-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 2:45pm | IP Logged

What does the majority of the audience want....They want to see Akshay's mindless comedies.... Salman's masala films... and SRK's song and dance routine.....

Of course all of us want the change.... But  are we really receptive to the change... How many of us watched Tasveer 8 by 10.... How many watched Veer..... I did not watch them....
Swades.... ok Its my all time fav movie..... but how successful was it commercially....

End of the day.... business... money is what it boils down too.... So that is again dictated by the audience..... and what choice do these stars have.... they just bow down to what is in demand....what brings in the crowds to the theatre...

Look at Akshay's recent movies.... Tasveer, Action Replay, CC2C, Khatta Meeta, etc... all different than his mindless comedies but did not work.... like Housefull, TMK which are the ones clicking...
Look at Salman.... Veer, yuvraj, Mrs.Khanna, London dream, god tussi... etc... failed to click... what works for him is the masala pot boiler genre.... like Dabangg, wanted...  

so anything hatke they do... just does not work.....

Of course... I crib...i do complain... that they are struck in the rut....
But again what I like to watch is the same genres which they do and are universally popular...

If I want a change... If I want something hatke.... I watch a Udaan or a Peepli Live or the upcoming Dhobi Ghaat..

Edited by -Maddy- - 11 January 2011 at 2:55pm

RowdyBOSSqwwwkoolchick.khoobsurat.

Go to top