Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Low-Budget films not viable for me: Akshay - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Well I believe Aamir charges his remuneration based on the budget of the film and also gets a percentage of the profits if any.

Makes sense to me, because actors will have to completely committed to a project from start to end to ensure the movie does make profit.Edited by pragya0 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
There are many actors down south who charge "percentages" of revenue or get rights for distribution in certain zones in lieu of an immediate hefty payment.

Presence of these stars might mar the content of the low budget film... AKshay Reminds me of the vain hero Om Kapoor in OSO
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
actually, i think all the actors and actresses, though who are popular anyways, are vain... so i won't just name akshay and give the others 'benefit of the doubt'... 😛😛😛

sab ek jaise hain... some hide it well, some don't....!

i meant in bollywood, btw... don't know about down south...!  
Edited by Nuktaacheen - 13 years ago
petticoat thumbnail
^bollywood or south or east or west..everybody is vain..or atleast MOST people are vain

It is just about the tact in giving interviews... If he worded it differently, he could have given out a different view here.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bandicoot

^bollywood or south or east or west..everybody is vain..or atleast MOST people are vain

It is just about the tact in giving interviews... If he worded it differently, he could have given out a different view here.

i guess you are right...

still, i don't see how his statement is offensive... what he said, isn't exactly false....!
chandaursitare thumbnail
He's not the most articulate star. 
petticoat thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

i guess you are right...

still, i don't see how his statement is offensive... what he said, isn't exactly false....!

it isnt false at all.
It just gives the vibe that low budget movies are below his level

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bandicoot

it isnt false at all.
It just gives the vibe that low budget movies are below his level

i'm no akshay fan, but i didn't get that vibe at all... he has only faced failure everytime he has tried to do some off beat or serious movie.... so really, people don't expect such movies from him in general... that's why they fail... on the other hand, something like kambakht ishq is actually a hit... even tmk is above average/hit... so really, not his fault entirely for the kind of movies he does....!!
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yeah he did that flop movie called Tasveer 8 X 10  or something like that. He ventured out of his comedy/action films and got burned so I dont blame him.
petticoat thumbnail
^ well he is failing even in his comedy/action movies now.

im no fan im no akshay hater

kambakht ishq was a hit???????