Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Reasons for Loving Dutta/Mishal (Page 2)

ltl_fan IF-Dazzler
ltl_fan
ltl_fan

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Loved your post Shashi.  Thank You.

Bravo to the whole ltl team for giving us a character like Dutta - never ever seen on Indian TV.  Truely hope that the channels, ph and all concerned (you too Mishal Wink) are reading this topic.
It seems we all can't get enough of Dutta and Tasha Love Story.  ClapClap

Lets bring back the magic of LTL CVs.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shish15mussy.jamshed-Carrie-MelodiousDreamsAnu-Reddy--Sia--Dew-drop-Huma-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

I love Dutta because he is deep. You can't see or understand him at a surface-level. He is confused and conflicted, but he isn't fickle...and even if it doesn't take him to the right conclusions, you can tell that he thinks a lot...there is so much going on inside him...even his silences hold a thousand feelings and words. His desire of wanting to connect with someone on a superior, spiritual level is so beautiful because he isn't just looking for momentary gratification or enjoyment...he wants something pure and real and deep...that yearning and the way it has been portrayed is so rare and enchanting.

Other reasons...he isn't judgmental on the basis of material well-being...he is ready to give anyone an equal chance opportunity at what they have to say or do...when he is wrong and he knows it, he apologizes without a moment's delay...he has an immense sense of gratitude which is never suppressed by his own opinions or circumstances, which always makes him give full credit where it is due, even if to the enemy...he is a man of surprising principles which is such a paradox to the kind of business he is in...when pain and words pour out of him, they are visceral and so raw...there is no pretense with him, ever...and in his own way, he does try to hide what he is feeling but it is always etched out on his face and in his actions...he is too true to be able to hide what he feels.

But yeah, above all...Dutta's silence which is never really silence Day Dreaming There is so much in it...

Soooooooooo beautifully said yaarDay Dreaming WORDDDD! Especially about his silences and how they hold SO much meaning.....there is SO much going on inside him....and it is so fascinating to watch....a huge part of the credit goes to the way MR has portrayed those silences too.

I also love how human Dutta is.....he's not a paragon of perfection....he is a very principled man like you pointed out but at the same time he is judgemental about other things based on the experiences he's had in life.....like any person, he has his own defense mechanisms....for the very reason that he feels and thinks SO much, he tries to protect himself by blocking himself away from 'emotions' sometimes in his own way......but he never really succeeds.....cuz he is too emotional a guy at heart....there is so much going on like you said.....at the same time he is such a STRONG character.....there is strength in his character that I really admire.....his instinctive protective streak towards the ones he loves......and somewhere I find that child-man paradox to him very endearing as well.....again I think that has something to do with the way MR portrays itLOL

Edited by nureat01 - 11 January 2011 at 9:01am

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

dramagoskavitha08mussy.jamshedshish15sub_rosaPyari_ZahraMelodiousDreams--SONEE----Sia--Anu-ReddyAyeChavannikabeeraspeakingDew-dropkhushix-Huma-

Crystal29 Goldie
Crystal29
Crystal29

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

But yeah, above all...Dutta's silence which is never really silence Day Dreaming There is so much in it...

This is one major point in this show and the character that I love. I have never found anyone's silence speak so much on screen..This is where I feel that the actor excels...

I always remember 2 scenes where his silence was speaking volumes...One is when Nakku returns the mangalsutra...the way he looked at her was like he was questioning himself, questioning her and the whole situation they were in....The second scene is during DP's funeral...Even though he kept his face emotionless, his eyes spoke so much...hint of sadness, regret, pain and maybe love for his father...

Dutta is a gem of a character and Mishal is a gem of an actor to play Dutta so well. They compliment each other so wellThumbs Up

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12mussy.jamshedsub_rosashish15MelodiousDreams--SONEE--Anu-ReddyAyeChavannikabeeraspeaking-Huma-AreYaar

Anu-Reddy IF-Sizzlerz
Anu-Reddy
Anu-Reddy

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Awesome post buddy !!!.

Coming to the topic of the day..........Why we love Dutta? Why I love Dutta. Its plain simple if I can state it in a word or two, I love him because he is "Complex" . He is an enigma for me and I love reading personalities. It can be anyone real or reel, I love anaylising them. When it comes to Dutta, the more I think I know him, the more he surprises me with his acts and at the end of the day it all looks perfectly in sync with his characterization. I have to state the fact that Mr Mishal Raheja is one lucky chap to have gotten this role. Its once in a life time thing to be part of such a complex and endearing characterization and the best part , the whole team of writers put their heart and soul when they write that character. Its obvious from the way it has been carved all through.

The day he started off in the show.........Did anyone think he would be like this?. This complex? This hard to cut-through. This amazing to watch?.  I thought it will be like any other character in the soap world. But then the way each day progressed with each layer of his character being peeled , slowly, steadily and making us fall in love with him and his love.............It just amazes me to the core. No wonder I have vowed not to watch any other soap after this. This is the only soap I watch now and thats because its the only soap that has this character which I would do anything to watch on screen.

Dutta is Dutta. No other character can ever reach him . He is just one "Mast Item" LOL. Jks apart, he can sway us into the lands of love and he can equally take us to the utter dissapointing lands of gloominess. He has the power to change and ride on our emotions and its all because he is what we dread not to be but yet love to watch. He is an awesome guy with great heart and unbelievable prejudice. But then who would love to watch a saint? Its no fun watching someone too good LOL.

Dutta is the center of attraction in this soap though it started off as Nakkus story. I dont blame anyone if they think this is Duttas story and Nakku is just part of it. Past one year we have been shown so much depth in his characterization that its hard to believe the story without him. Its him and his relations, his thoughts, his reactions, his aspirations and his demons. Nothing else can change this fact that it was all about him. Nakku was his love, Baaji was his friend, AS was his mother and Kala was his enemy. Chaskar wants to replace him and Suds wants to befriend/backstab him. Madhu wants his love and ppl want his help. If there is no "He", there is nothing in this story. It should sum up why we including everyone in Laagi world care for him.

I will stop now as I can write pages on Dutta and I am too tired writing about him for the last one year LOL. Lastly I would like to say, "No Dutta........and Laagi is as good as Dead"  .............Period !!!

Edited by Anu-Reddy - 11 January 2011 at 9:17am

The following 23 member(s) liked the above post:

nabilamubeenshipsRuyaCrystal29droopy_asleepmnx12mussy.jamshedltl_fanLeandraskavitha08shish15sub_rosa-Carrie---SONEE--MelodiousDreams--Sia--AyeChavannijani-yehkabeeraspeakingkhushixDew-drop-Huma-AreYaar

ltl_fan IF-Dazzler
ltl_fan
ltl_fan

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anu-Reddy

Awesome post buddy !!!.

Coming to the topic of the day..........Why we love Dutta? Why I love Dutta. Its plain simple if I can state it in a word or two, I love him because he is "Complex" . He is an enigma for me and I love reading personalities. It can be anyone real or reel, I love anaylising them. When it comes to Dutta, the more I think I know him, the more he surprises me with his acts and at the end of the day it all looks perfectly in sync with his characterization. I have to state the fact that Mr Mishal Raheja is one lucky chap to have gotten this role. Its once in a life time thing to be part of such a complex and endearing characterization and the best part , the whole team of writers put their heart and soul when they write that character. Its obvious from the way it has been carved all through.

The day he started off in the show.........Did anyone think he would be like this?. This complex? This hard to cut-through. This amazing to watch?.  I thought it will be like any other character in the soap world. But then the way each day progressed with each layer of his character being peeled , slowly, steadily and making us fall in love with him and his love.............It just amazes me to the core. No wonder I have vowed not to watch any other soap after this. This is the only soap I watch now and thats because its the only soap that has this character which I would do anything to watch on screen.

Dutta is Dutta. No other character can ever reach him . He is just one "Mast Item" LOL. Jks apart, he can sway us into the lands of love and he can equally take us to the utter dissapointing lands of gloominess. He has the power to change and ride on our emotions and its all because he is what we dread not to be but yet love to watch. He is an awesome guy with great heart and unbelievable prejudice. But then who would love to watch a saint? Its no fun watching someone too good LOL.

Wow Anu you amaze me everytime...ClapClap 
You seem to write everything my heart feels about Dutta... Could not have put it better.  I am such a big fan of your analysis.   Mishal indeed should thank his stars for being offered a role of a lifetime ... do you remember even the lead of laado had said that Dutta is one role he would have loved to do.  However Mishal has done 100% justice to this amazing character and he deserves every recognition he can get. 

Edited by ltl_fan - 11 January 2011 at 9:15am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

shipsshish15sub_rosamussy.jamshed-Carrie-MelodiousDreamsAnu-ReddyDew-drop-Huma-

Ruya Senior Member
Ruya
Ruya

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anu-Reddy

<font color="#000099" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Awesome post buddy !!!.</font>

<font color="#990000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Coming to the topic of the day..........Why we love Dutta? Why I love Dutta. Its plain simple if I can state it in a word or two, I love him because he is "Complex" . He is an enigma for me and I love reading personalities. It can be anyone real or reel, I love anaylising them. When it comes to Dutta, the more I think I know him, the more he surprises me with his acts and at the end of the day it all looks perfectly in sync with his characterization. I have to state the fact that Mr Mishal Raheja is one lucky chap to have gotten this role. Its once in a life time thing to be part of such a complex and endearing characterization and the best part , the whole team of writers put their heart and soul when they write that character. Its obvious from the way it has been carved all through.</font>

<font color="#000099" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">The day he started off in the show.........Did anyone think he would be like this?. This complex? This hard to cut-through. This amazing to watch?. I thought it will be like any other character in the soap world. But then the way each day progressed with each layer of his character being peeled , slowly, steadily and making us fall in love with him and his love.............It just amazes me to the core. No wonder I have vowed not to watch any other soap after this. This is the only soap I watch now and thats because its the only soap that has this character which I would do anything to watch on screen. </font>

<font color="#990000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS">Dutta is Dutta. No other character can ever reach him . He is just one "Mast Item" LOL. Jks apart, he can sway us into the lands of love and he can equally take us to the utter dissapointing lands of gloominess. He has the power to change and ride on our emotions and its all because he is what we dread not to be but yet love to watch. He is an awesome guy with great heart and unbelievable prejudice. But then who would love to watch a saint? Its no fun watching someone too good LOL. </font>

<font color="#000066" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS">Dutta is the center of attraction in this soap though it started off as Nakkus story. I dont blame anyone if they think this is Duttas story and Nakku is just part of it. Past one year we have been shown so much depth in his characterization that its hard to believe the story without him. Its him and his relations, his thoughts, his reactions, his aspirations and his demons. Nothing else can change this fact that it was all about him. Nakku was his love, Baaji was his friend, AS was his mother and Kala was his enemy. Chaskar wants to replace him and Suds wants to befriend/backstab him. Madhu wants his love and ppl want his help. If there is no He, there is nothing in this story. It should sum up why we including everyone in Laagi world care for him. </font>

<font color="#990000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS">I will stop now as I can write pages on Dutta and I am too tired writing about him for the last one year LOL. Lastly I would like to say, "No Dutta, Means Laagi is as good as Dead" .............Period !!! </font>

Wow I can't say anything more cuz Anu u just said it all everything I'm feeling and thi king but couldn't put into words you have just done
You and ur comments never cease 2 amaze me all I can say is I second everything u have wrote.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shish15mussy.jamshedAnu-Reddy-Huma-

-Huma- IF-Stunnerz
-Huma-
-Huma-

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:32am | IP Logged
I love Dutta because he is unique. I have never ever seen a character like him in Indian TV history. Yes, I love Tasha but Dutta is the main reason I watch this show. If Dutta is not there, I dont really have a reason to watch the show anymore.

I love how he never cared that Naku was dark and not "pretty". Dutta and Naku have awesome chemistry. I can watch their scenes again and again for hours..lol...They have even moved me to make Tasha VMs and I am a very lazy person who does not like to move at all. I love his relationship with Baaji as well. We dont get to see such friendships on TV these days. His sisters hate him. Many of us dont think AS is sincere either. Yet, when he is being a family man and takes care of his family, we cant help but admire him.

I even love his voice..lol...Its very manly and powerful. He can speak volumes through his eyes. You dont see that in most of the character.  I highly doubt I will ever come across another character that I love more that I love Dutta.

Without Dutta, there is no more LTL for me ever. Well not just me, I think this will be true for many other people as well.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Crystal29mnx12mussy.jamshedsub_rosaskavitha08shish15MelodiousDreams-Carrie---Sia--Anu-ReddyDew-drop

sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Why do I love Dutta?Day Dreaming

Because he is a bundle of contradictions...mighty yet fragile, protector of thousands yet as vulnerable as a child inside! I love his honesty...the way he pours his heart into whatever he does! I love his complications...his flaws, which the writers never shied away from depicting, I applaud them for that. And I totally love the way Mishal Raheja has breathed life into him...! He is lucky to have bagged the role of Dutta, a once-in-a-lifetime kind of opportunity....and he has done full justice to it...and more!Clap

Edited by sub_rosa - 11 January 2011 at 9:45am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12mussy.jamshedshish15skavitha08-Carrie-MelodiousDreams--SONEE--Anu-ReddyAyeChavannikabeeraspeakingDew-drop-Huma-AreYaar

Go to top