Bairi Piya

India-Forums

Bairi Piya
Bairi Piya

New Serial Phulwa breaks Bairi's record.

Tinacool IF-Dazzler
Tinacool
Tinacool

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:01am | IP Logged
New Serial Phulwa which was launched on Colors's yesterday in the 9pm slot breaks Bairi Piya's opening day viewership RECORD.
Bairi held the record on Colors for highest viewership on launch which Phulwa overtook
...JUST AN FYI
Smile

Phulwa is likely to open at an average first week TVR of 3.4 while Mukti Bandhan is likely to score about 3.1 TVR, says the Ormax forecast.

Phulwa and Mukti Bandhan, the two new fiction properties replacing Bigg Boss in the 9-10 pm slot from January 10, are all set to have a positive opening, predicts Ormax Media, based on the research and consulting firm's predictive model anchored in the awareness tracking product Showbuzz.

As per the Showbuzz forecast, while Phulwa is likely to open at an average first week TVR of 3.4, Mukti Bandhan is likely to score about 3.1 TVR. Depending on the content quality, the TVR can be 10-15 per cent higher on either side.

Phulwa, in particular, has been tracking very well, says Ormax Media. In the week before its launch, it has registered unaided awareness (UA) of 36 per cent and total awareness (TA) of 83 per cent. This is the best-ever week 1 performance for any fiction launch since the start of Showbuzz in May 2009, on the key UA parameter. The record was earlier held by Pratigya on STAR Plus, which clocked 32 per cent UA, but a higher 94 per cent TA. Bairi Piya on Colors registered 27 per cent UA and 85 per cent TA, a channel record broken by Phulwa.

Mukti Bandhan has also been tracking well, though not as strongly as Phulwa. The programme clocked 21 per cent UA and 73 per cent TA at the week 1 stage. However, Showbuzz envisages that Mukti Bandhan will benefit from the spillover from Phulwa, given their back-to-back slots.

The predicted TVR could have been even higher if the programmes were replacing a fiction show, says Ormax. With Bigg Boss being a non-fiction property, the slot is bound to lose some portion of the audience. However, as is the case with most fiction launches, a strong opening week paves way for consolidation and groW*H in the weeks to come. According to Ormax Media, the shows can potentially look at crossing a TVR of 4 before the two big cricketing events begin, provided the content is compelling.

Showbuzz tracks awareness of new programmes across six markets. Data collected over the last 20 months has been used to create a predictive model for fiction shows. The model predicts the opening week reach of the launches, which can then be used to arrive at indicative TVR, assuming a certain level of content.

The model takes into account the marketing buzz created by the show, the performance of the slot, competitive scenario, overall channel performance, audience flow from one show to the other and the category of the programme (fiction/ non-fiction).

Here is the link for this NEWS SOURCE:

New fiction shows on Colors to open well, predicts Ormax Media

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

leelaa9

indumak2002 Senior Member
indumak2002
indumak2002

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Hmmmmm, well BP may not have stayed on top in UA & TA after yest.....but still it broke records in winning the hearts of all who watched it, it's lead characters DV-Amoli & all the wonderful supporting cast. Big smile And thatz what I feel is more important for any show, not these mere numerical statistics. We've been seeing loads of such nos. many times before too, whatz the use?Confused 

So let's all rejoice that BP was No. 1 till yest. & shall remain so for us always. Big smile And whatz sad is despite this fact, Colors still axed the show! We should bring this to their notice now, the stupid channel doesn't know their statistics properly. Angry

Edited by indumak2002 - 11 January 2011 at 5:57am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

artfriendSavitha0101nitu123PreciousPrileelaa9

Savitha0101 Goldie
Savitha0101
Savitha0101

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indumak2002

Hmmmmm, well BP may not have stayed on top in UA & TA after yest.....but still it broke records in winning the hearts of all who watched it & it's lead characters DV-Amoli, all the wonderful supporting cast. Big smile And thatz what I feel is more important for any show, not these mere numerical statistics. We've been seeing loads of such nos. many times before too, whatz the use?Confused 

So let's all rejoice that BP was No. 1 till yest. & shall remain so for us always. Big smile And whatz sad is despite this fact, Colors still axed the show! We should bring this to their notice now, the stupid channel doesn't know their statistics properly. Angry

Well said indu i totally agree with you   Big smileBig smile

indumak2002artfriendnitu123PreciousPrileelaa9

nitu123 IF-Dazzler
nitu123
nitu123

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indumak2002

Hmmmmm, well BP may not have stayed on top in UA & TA after yest.....but still it broke records in winning the hearts of all who watched it, it's lead characters DV-Amoli & all the wonderful supporting cast. Big smile And thatz what I feel is more important for any show, not these mere numerical statistics. We've been seeing loads of such nos. many times before too, whatz the use?Confused 

ur reply indu ..hmm i wonder 's dat really a necessary piece of info fr us BP'ians  ?!! & how's dat Confused ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page. ?!

indumak2002artfriendSavitha0101PreciousPrileelaa9

Tinacool IF-Dazzler
Tinacool
Tinacool

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Hello gurlz...Indu I totally empathize with ur emotions. I mean as a hardcore fan of BP I feel sad to be at the receiving end when the show was taken off. But I feel rather than being on the offensive one needs to try and understand the market dynamics which forces certain decision making by the channel heads which can be a little more than difficult for a normal layman to understand who is purely driven by emotion .

All said and done I feel that let us thank the channel for giving us such a fantastic show which we all loved and adored and STILL do so much.

P.S:  Every info related to BP can be shared on this FORUM whether one likes it or NOT. I am sure not many knew before this point that Bairi was holding the channel record of the most watched show on it's take off. Like I said it is just an F.Y.I.

Edited by tinasinster - 11 January 2011 at 6:24am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

leelaa9

g_viswam Senior Member
g_viswam
g_viswam

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Considering Colors comes lagging behind star plus and zee for some time now, I would not really care about the ratings...I mean.....they lost a whole lot of their viewership by axing favorite shows. 

indumak2002uxghyanitu123PreciousPrileelaa9

Savitha0101 Goldie
Savitha0101
Savitha0101

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Colors is so stupid to axe their viewer's favorite show and BP will remain the best show in our hearts forever.......

indumak2002artfriendnitu123PreciousPrileelaa9

artfriend Senior Member
artfriend
artfriend

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Like Bairi Piya hold the record of the most viewership...then it'll remain on TOP always though after gone off air...and it'll be the Colors who'll witness the huge loss of the viewership...

Savitha0101uxghyanitu123PreciousPrileelaa9

Go to top