Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Tiger Woods - Can he rise again ? (Page 8)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 2:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Cos NIKE is official sponsr of TW, they said 'Just do it!!'
But
Help control the golfer population. Have your tiger spayed or neutered??!!!LOL
They could just be casual friends since she is the step daughter of the one who got the Nike Deal for Tiger.
Will check if he has been neutered.

"Reports are that the 22-year-old met the pro golfer through her stepfather, who is an executive with IMG who sealed the Nike endorsement deal for Tiger."

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 2:44am | IP Logged

Tiger Woods - Elin Nordegren divorce settlement - Who gets what: money, custody, property and more

• August 9th, 2010 3:50 am ET

FINAL Tiger Woods - Elin Nordegren Divorce Settlement - Who Gets What
What Elin gets, what Tiger gets: money, child custody, property/ real estate, living
arrangements, and more.  Photos:  Getty Images

Here's the latest breakdown of who gets what in the final Tiger Woods – Elin Nordegren divorce settlement – money, child custody, property, division of marital assets, and more, according to the leaks, this far .

Until the final divorce papers are actually filed in court,  there could still be more last minute changes in the terms of Tiger's and Elin's divorce.

Below is what has been reported, thus far.

MONEY

Elin Nordegren

• $100 million – NOT $750 million, as rumored for several months.  See NEWS FLASH - How Much Elin Nordegren is REALLY Getting from Tiger Woods – It's NOT $750 Million

• Child support – an unspecified amount of money each month. No reports thus far on exactly how much child support Tiger will have to pay, but some sources say it could be as high as $20,000 a month or more.

Tiger Woods

• The bulk of his fortune – Tiger will get to keep the lion's (or Tiger's share) of his fortune. See Elin Nordegren's $100 Million Divorce Settlement Proves Tiger Woods is No Fool  Tiger will only have to give or 1/5 or 1/6 of his net worth. See What is Tiger Woods' REAL Net Worth? – Elin's Divorce Settlement Depends on That

CHILD CUSTODY

Elin Nordegren

• Physical custody of the children – daughter Sam, 3 and son Charlie, 1 1/2 years will live with Elin

• Joint legal custody - Elin will share LEGAL custody of the children with Tiger.

Tiger Woods

• Joint legal custody of the children – this will allow Tiger to have a say in any decisions that will affect the children's future.

• Generous visitation rights - Tiger will be able to see his children for up to half of each week.

• Flexible visitation arrangements – Tiger's visitation schedule can be adjusted to accommodate his travel schedule when he's playing golf, so that he still gets his full visitation.

• Renegotiation in 5 years – Tiger can renegotiate the terms of the custody agreement in 5 years.

PROPERTY / REAL ESTATE

Elin Nordegren

• The main family home in Windmere, Florida

• Another home located nearby

• an apartment in Stockholm, Sweden

• a secluded island in Sweden which includes a $2.2 million estate which is currently being renovated

Tiger Woods

• The $80 million Jupiter Island oceanfront estate estate.

• An apartment in Los Angeles

CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE

Elin Nordegren

• A lifetime of silence - Elin finally agreed to sign Tiger's lifetime confidentiality clause.  See Why is Elin Nordegren Refusing to Sign Tiger Woods Lifetime Confidentiality Clause?

Tiger Woods

• A lifetime of privacy – The confidentiality clause prohibits Elin from ever speaking publicly about any aspect of her life with Tiger Woods -- even if Tiger should die first.

• Penalty for violation of this clause - If Elin violates this agreement in any way, she will forfeit everything she has gained.

A BAN ON TIGER'S WOMEN AROUND THE KIDS

Elin Nordegren .

• Elin has forbidden Tiger to expose their children to his mistresses, or any female companion he is romantically involves with, unless he is married to said person. See Tiger Woods - Elin Nordegren Divorce Settlement Takes Tiger's Mistresses into Account

Tiger Woods

• Women to whom Tiger can expose the children - Women, not romantically linked to Tiger will be allowed around the children, in addition to female members of Tiger's staff who are personally known to Elin.

LIVING ARRANGEMENTS

Elin Nordegren

• Freedom take the children to Sweden

• Freedom to live where she chooses - Tiger has given Elin "wide latitude" to as to where she and the children live. There are no reports yet as to whether Elin and the children will permanently move to Sweden, as she earlier expressed a desire to do.

Tiger Woods

• Tiger's permanent residence will remain in the United States.

SOURCES: TMZ, Radar Online, Chicago Sun Times, EntertainmentWise, Huffington Post, Fox News, The Sun, Fanhouse, USA Newsweek, and others

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
This week is Augusta Masters Championship.
A true test if Tiger can either win or come in Top 10 at least.

Phip Mickelson having won the Shell Houston Open, looks all set to dominate.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 12:25am | IP Logged
So this week is the testing time.

Woods paired with McDowell

Venue: Augusta National, Georgia:

Date: 7-10 April
  • Coverage: All rounds live on BBC Radio 5 live and online from 2100 BST; third round live from 2030 BST and final round live from 1900 BST on BBC2, BBC HD and online (UK only); scores, highlights and live text on BBC website
Watch the Masters on BBC TV

Watch the Masters on BBC TV

US Open champion Graeme McDowell has been grouped with four-time Augusta winner Tiger Woods in the first round of the Masters.

World number one and two Martin Kaymer and Lee Westwood will also go round Augusta National together along with American Matt Kuchar.

Defending champion Phil Mickelson is in the same group as Geoff Ogilvy and US Amateur champion Peter Uihlein.

Rory McIlroy will play alongside US Ryder Cup opponent Rickie Fowler.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 12:26am | IP Logged

The course has been altered so much to Tiger proof it in the past, such that it now favours a left handed player.
Phil may shine again here.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 12:31am | IP Logged

No longer the favorite, Tiger ready for Masters

Conditions expected to be ideal as Woods shoots for fifth green jacket By Mark Soltau / TigerWoods.com
Tiger got in three practice rounds last week in addition to hitting balls Tuesday. Getty Images Tiger got in three practice rounds last week in addition to hitting balls Tuesday.
Tiger Woods looks for his first victory of the year this week in the 75th Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club. The 35-year-old is making his 17th start after previously capturing green jackets in 1997, 2001-02 and '05. Woods has finished in the top 10 11 times and has a scoring average of 70.81. For a change, he is not the overwhelming favorite. "That's fine," Woods said Tuesday during his pre-tournament press conference. "You still play the golf tournament. Everyone has the same opportunity as I do. You just gotta go out there and play and see where you are at the end." Overnight thunderstorms soaked the course and knocked down trees, but playing condition are expected to be ideal. Temperatures were cool and breezy Tuesday, with final practice rounds and the Par-3 Tournament set for Wednesday. "The fairways are as lush as I've ever seen them, and the greens are perfect," said Woods, who played three practice rounds last week and hit balls Tuesday. "The golf course is in perfect shape. It will play long, and I'm sure the greens will get up to speed. With this wind drying it, it's going to be one heck of a test." Woods begins first-round play Thursday at 10:41 a.m. ET with current U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland and Robert Allenby of Australia. The trio will also play together Friday at 1:48 p.m. Tiger enters having played in six tournaments this year, with his best showing a tie for 10th at the WGC-Cadillac Championship. Last year, he made his 2010 PGA Tour debut at Augusta and tied for fourth. "I knew where I could miss the golf ball," Woods said. "That's the key. I did that the entire week." Woods said he isn't dwelling on what he did he 2010. "Last year was last year," he said. "This year is this year. My main focus is to get ready and be prepared and come to the first tee and be all cylinders go." Woods will use a Nike Method 003 mallet putter this week, rather than his traditional Scotty Cameron model. "You have to have a short game here," he said. "You just have to chip and putt. But it's imperative you miss the ball in the right spots to give yourself a chance." In recent years, Woods has given himself a chance on Sunday afternoon on the back nine -- his goal starting out the week -- but has been unable to convert key putts. "Not putting well has certainly cost me a few Masters," he said. "I've been streaky here. No matter how well you play, you're gonna have to make six-to-eight foot putts for par." Woods has spent a good deal of his pre-tournament practice time working on his chipping and putting. He's still fine-tuning his chipping technique, which changed when he began working with swing coach Sean Foley last August. "We've changed a lot," Woods said. "The putting stroke and short game have to mirror the full swing." The good news for Woods is that the changes are starting to feel more natural after hours of practice and repetition. "My short game is progressing," he said. "I'm feeling very comfortable and looking forward to getting out there." The last two Augusta winners -- Angel Cabrera and Phil Mickelson -- are long hitters, and most insist the 7,435-yard course favors players who can take it deep. Woods agrees, but pointed out that shorter hitters like Trevor Immelman and Zach Johnson also won green jackets. "It can be done, but it puts a little more stress on your wedge game," Woods said. "[Big hitters] can kind of cheat on the par-5s." Woods doesn't consider himself a long hitter but still averages about 300 yards off the tee and has an extra gear when he needs it. "I can still move it out there," he said. "I'm not one of the shortest yet." Unlike some players, who get excited when they drive up Magnolia Lane -- the main entrance into the club -- Woods said his adrenaline starts pumping when he walks out the back door of the clubhouse.

"Just walking to the first tee, that's what fires me up," he said. "Playing the course is what gives me a rush."

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 April 2011 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Well Tiger is showing signs of his former self.
He has done pretty good, coming in 4th.
But he did have great chances to win.

04/10/2011

Fourth-place finish for Tiger after Sunday push

Brilliant front nine not quite enough for fifth Masters win By Mark Soltau / TigerWoods.com
Tiger hit 12 of 14 fairways and 16 of 18 greens Sunday, but missed putts cost him. Getty Images Tiger hit 12 of 14 fairways and 16 of 18 greens Sunday, but missed putts cost him.
Tiger Woods made a valiant Sunday run to win his fifth green jacket, but came up short in the 75th Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club. Starting the final round tied for ninth, seven strokes behind pacesetter Rory McIlroy, the 35-year-old Woods electrified the patrons by posting a 5-under-par 31 on the front nine to earn a share of the lead. Ultimately, two short missed putts ruined his comeback. Woods returned in even-par 36 and settled for a 5-under 67 to finish at 10-under 278 and tied for fourth for the second straight year. Woods was four strokes behind winner Charl Schwartzel of South Africa, who birdied the last four holes and shot 66. It marked the sixth consecutive year Woods has finished sixth or better at Augusta. "I got off to a good start," Woods said. "I should have shot 3- or 4-under on the back nine and I only posted even." Playing in warm, mostly windless conditions with Martin Laird of Scotland, Woods wore his customary final-round red shirt, black pants and black hat. He parred the first hole, then birdied the par-5 second. At the short, par-4 third, he smashed a huge drive just below the elevated green, then hit a marvelous sand wedge four feet short of the hole and made the birdie putt. The rally temporarily stalled at the 233-yard, par-3 fourth, where Woods was distracted by something during his backswing and pulled his tee shot about 60 feet left of the back-right pin placement. Tiger's birdie putt wound up eight feet left of the hole, and he missed the par attempt for a three-putt bogey. Following a two-putt par at No. 5, Woods birdied the downhill, par-3 sixth hole for the third time in the tournament. He landed his tee shot well right of the front-left pin position and used the slope to feed the ball nine feet below the hole, then buried the putt. At the uphill, par-4 seventh, Woods split the fairway and knocked his approach shot eight feet right of the hole. The birdie putt found the center of the cup, with Tiger pumping his right fist after sinking it. With his adrenaline rushing, Woods powered a long drive down the center of the fairway of the uphill, par-5 eighth. With 278 yards to the hole, he flushed a 3-wood that reached the front of the green, then kicked toward the back-left pin, the ball stopping nine feet short of the hole. Tiger poured in the eagle putt and the received thunderous applause from the fans, again pumping his fist. The shot pulled him within one stroke of the lead at 10-under. Woods pushed his drive into pine straw at the par-4 ninth and was fortunate to have a full swing next to a pine tree. From 140 yards, Tiger had to hook his second shot, but he hooked it too much into the left, greenside bunker. Unable to play toward the flag due to the severe slope of the green, Woods did well to wind up 20 feet right of the cup and calmly rolled in the par putt to gain a share of the top spot. Tiger, whose goal starting out the week was to be in contention starting the back nine on Sunday, got his wish. Sensing something special, he made a solid two-putt par at No. 10, then headed to holes 11-13 -- Amen Corner -- which are usually crucial in determining the champion. For the first time in the tournament, Woods hit a perfect drive down the 11th fairway, played a smart second shot well beneath the cup and two-putted for a par. He received a hero's welcome at the par-3 12th tee. Not wanting to challenge the dangerous middle-right pin placement, Woods wisely played to the left center of the green and had about 30 feet to the cup. He ran his birdie attempt three feet past, then had a lengthy wait while Laird three-putted. Woods did the same, the ball lipping out on the left edge of the hole and deflating his momentum. "A pull and a block," Woods said of the hole. "So that's about it." Maintaining his composure, Woods hit a good drive down the left side of the fairway at the par-5 13th, a hole he had birdied each of the first three rounds, and had 7-iron left to the green. But he pulled it just over the back-left side of the putting surface, then ran his speedy, downhill chip shot 20 feet past and two-putted for a disappointing par. As a result, Woods played Amen Corner in 1-over, and it probably cost him a chance of winning the tournament. Still grinding, Woods narrowly missed a 12-foot birdie putt at the par-4 14th, the ball sliding across the left side of the cup. Eagle or birdie was a must at the par-5 15th hole to stay in the hunt, and Tiger thrilled the spectators once again. After a big drive, Woods hit a mid-iron, second shot from 215 yards to four feet past the cup. Facing a likely must-make scenario to keep pace with the leaders playing two holes behind, Tiger lipped out again, the ball catching the right edge of the cup and rolling three feet past. Woods cleaned up the birdie, but knew he was running out of holes. At the 178-yard, par-3 16th, Woods almost flew his tee shot into the cup, the ball releasing 16 feet past. Faced with a slick, left-to-right putt, Tiger gave it a bold run but missed on the left, backpedaling as the ball rolled by the hole. After a good drive at the par-4 17th, Woods missed the green short-right, chipped to six feet and made a nice par save. Tiger hit a good drive at the par-4 18th, knocked his second shot 25 feet right of the hole, and was welcomed warmly by the enormous crowd surrounding the 18th green. He two-putted for a closing par. Looking back, missed putts were the difference. Woods three-putted six times -- twice in the final round -- and still had a chance on the back nine. Asked if he could take back one shot, Woods replied, "Oh, we can't do that. We do that every week and we would go crazy, wouldn't we?" His ball-striking was superb Sunday, with Tiger hitting 12 of 14 fairways and 16 of 18 greens in regulation. He also played the par-5s in 4-under. "I hit it good all day," Woods said. "This entire week I hit it good, so that was a nice feeling." He also remained patient and never lost his cool.

"It's just shot for shot," Woods said. "This golf course baits you into doing that. You can get aggressive, you can lose it. It doesn't take much. Just one shot here or there, and it can go the other way. So I had to be committed to my spots, and I did that all week

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 April 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
  • TOURNAMENTS
  • PLAYERS
  • FEDEXCUP
  • VIDEO
  • NEWS
  • STATS
  • FANTASY
  • SHOP
  • Tiger says swing change starting to pay off

text size
    Increase Text Size
    Decrease Text Size
    woods-tee-masters.jpg
    How/Getty Images
    Tiger Woods shot 31 on the front nine at Augusta on Sunday to make a run at the lead. He finished T4.
    Email This Story Print This Story RSS
    Apr. 12, 2011

DONGGUAN, China (AP) -- Tiger Woods believes his reworked swing has restored some of the fun and excitement to his game, and is a big reason why he played so well at the Masters.

The former top-ranked golfer, who finished in a tie for fourth place Sunday at Augusta National, was already back at work Tuesday, promoting the sport and his sponsors on a trip to China.

"I hit the ball really well on the weekend and made some shots -- those are shots I know I can hit. That was fun and exciting," Woods said at the Mission Hills Dongguan clubhouse near the southern Chinese city Shenzhen. "It's really starting to feel pretty good. This week was a pretty good week."

The 14-time major champion hasn't won a title since returning from his five-month break. But at the Masters, he made a strong run with four birdies and an eagle on the front nine of the final round before faltering on the back.

But while kicking off an Asian promotional tour, Woods credited swing coach Sean Foley, who started working with him at last year's PGA Championship.

"I played well and unfortunately just came up a little short on the back nine. But it was a fun front nine on Sunday. That was fun. Had a blast," Woods said. "It was fun being in the mix. Unfortunately didn't get it done."

Woods hasn't won a tournament since his return last year.

"When I was 25, I was on TOUR and having a pretty good run out there at the time, won a few tournaments right about that age," Woods said. "And at 35, I haven't won a thing."

But despite being happy with the overhaul of his driving, Woods told fans during an afternoon clinic that his putting was lacking, adding that his next goal is to fine-tune his short game.

Woods' off-the-course troubles don't appear to have diminished his popularity in China. Hundreds of fans lined the fairway at the 18th hole of the course as Woods wrapped up his four-hole demonstration, cheering loudly when he made a good shot. Woods wore a wireless microphone so spectators could listen in as he plotted his strategy for each shot.

He offered words of encouragement to five Chinese juniors, who played the final hole with him. Woods was particularly impressed with a 13-year-old junior who teed off after he did. Asked how far he drove when he was 13, Woods said, "not that far."

"Their futures are very bright," Woods said. "It will be fun to watch their careers develop over the years."

Earlier Tuesday, Woods said he was impressed with the growth of golf in China, where the sport is booming, and has predicted Chinese golfers will break into the top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking.

"It's been really neat as a player who has come here for a number of years to see the development of the fans and their knowledge of the game and their enthusiasm for the sport," said Woods, who has twice finished runner-up at the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions event in Shanghai. "These fans are certainly much more knowledgeable now."

Go to top