Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Tiger Woods - Can he rise again ? (Page 3)

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Sarina Bahen ji I believe with your strong sporting and hockey background this game would be pretty easy for you.
But it is an awkward game that goes against natural body movements thus risking injuries especially to the back and the limbs. Proper foundation is advisable. Also it takes up too much time which many cannot spare.
The entry of Tiger raised the profile and the money purse of the game. He raised the bar too n these days golfers have to visit the gym and be physically fit and healthy. Generally winner gets a million bucks for larger tournaments and total prize monies ranges from about 3 mil to 6 mil depending on the event. The US PGA holds at least one game per week (50 games per annum roughly) and there are other tournaments too like Nationwide and Senior Tours.
Game can be addictive too and can be anti-social as long periods are spent away from family. I have cut down my golf too, no more weekend golf for me.
Among lady golfers the Koreans are coming in very strong too and has a huge contingent if players.
India's Arjun Atwall is doing good in USA after recovering from his auto crash, apparently racing with a friend who died in the mishap. Indian golfers are coming up good.
The Hall of Fame winner Mr Vijay Singh was a former great champion. He was seeking residence in various countries in his early days till he finally got one in Fiji.
If Tiger cannot make it then golf will need a new icon.

Yes, I've played golf. I even own a set of clubs, bought em cheap. But it was just for company social events. Maybe three times over the course of the decade. However, whatever little of golf I have seen, its a lazy sport, lazier when you have a caddy and a cart. They probably invented it for barmy old men with a beer gut who don't have the ability to play real sports like hockey, LaCrosse or Shinty. Youth who play golf are just too pussy to play a real sport. I'm actually surprised at all the poontang Tiger got. He was lucky golfers make a lot of money, otherwise I don't even get what the appeal is. Its not like he has killer abs or looks to die for. I'm sure Tiger picked golf because his peers shoved him off the football/basketball/track field.

It will be good if golf does not get a new icon. Finally the sport will die and we wont waste millions of dollars on barmy old men. Hopefully, we might stop wasting water and resources for those trim golf courses and divert resources to some nice environmentally friendly gardens.

Womens golf is not a bad thing though. Its ok for women to walk around in short skirts and look pretty. I bet they can get a lot of gossip done over the course of 18 holes too and shut it when they get home. They are much easier on the eye than barmy men too. I'm all pro women's golf. Golf should be a women's only sport. Men can play real sports or cook & clean for golf women.

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Ah good point in misuse of land Sarina Sis. I thought the same too. A tiny island like Singapore has several golf courses and tens of millions are spent to upkeep and upgrade them. Govt claims some if these are near airport and reservoir areas, but I am sure many would love to live near these huge lovely reservoirs and reclaimed lands.
Our population is expanding mainly due to several foreigners settling here n land prices gave tripled over the past few years.     
I am glad you are not an alien to this sport. But yes it us a softie sport compared to the rest.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Well, I don't really see why his personal affairs effected his career so badly anyways! Not saying what he did was right, but golf performance and sex life are two different things. Just because he did have a lot of affairs doesn't mean that he's a bad golfer. It's not like football players haven't done things like that (and worse!), but they still play football, right? (I'm talking about American football not soccer.) Okay, even actors who have committed crimes have gotten away with the crime or got a light sentence. Also, many of the actors are still given work, like Salman Khan. 
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Well, I don't really see why his personal affairs effected his career so badly anyways! Not saying what he did was right, but golf performance and sex life are two different things. Just because he did have a lot of affairs doesn't mean that he's a bad golfer. It's not like football players haven't done things like that (and worse!), but they still play football, right? (I'm talking about American football not soccer.) Okay, even actors who have committed crimes have gotten away with the crime or got a light sentence. Also, many of the actors are still given work, like Salman Khan.

Well here public image and perception makes a diff to the sponsors n so ultimately his pocket.
Golf at highest level needs a clear n relaxed mind. Mental baggage and problems is a great setback. If he cannot bounce back this year then it could be history.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Well here public image and perception makes a diff to the sponsors n so ultimately his pocket.
Golf at highest level needs a clear n relaxed mind. Mental baggage and problems is a great setback. If he cannot bounce back this year then it could be history.

I don't know. I think it depends on the person! Some people get away with things while others don't. 
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:54pm | IP Logged
Yes Tulip Sis the world is strange n many are guilty of larger crimes, including drugs, battery etc
I wish him all the best.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tulipbaby53

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Okay Tiger is making an appearance next week. Let us see how it works out. If he can finish top 5, it would mean that he is coming back strongly.

01/19/2011

Tiger to tee off 2011 season at Torrey Pines

Woods has won his last five tournament at San Diego course, including 2008 U.S. Open By Mark Soltau / TigerWoods.com
 Getty Images Tiger returns after closing out 2010 by taking second at the Chevron World Challenge.
  • Tiger Woods made it official Wednesday -- he will begin his 2011 PGA Tour season next week at the Farmers Insurance Open in San Diego.
Woods has had great success at Torrey Pines, where he has won seven tournaments, including the 2008 U.S. Open in a playoff against Rocco Mediate. The 35-year-old Woods has captured his last five starts at the ocean-lined facility, including four consecutive Buick Invitationals from 2005-08 and five of the last six. He did not play in the tournament in 2009 and '10. "I'm really looking forward to competing," Woods said. "I've been working hard on my game, and I'm excited about 2011." Woods began working with swing coach Sean Foley at the PGA Championship last year and has made steady progress. After tying for 28th at the PGA, he tied for 12th at The Barclays, tied for 11th at the Deutsche Bank Championship, tied for 15th at the BMW Championship, tied for sixth at the WGC-HSBC Champions, finished fourth at the JBWere Masters and finished second at the Chevron World Challenge.

"I feel a lot more comfortable about the changes we have made," Woods said. "Hopefully, my good play at the end of last year will carry over."

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MTVGangNext

he is a cool guy and honestly , if i was him so popular,  so rich and always surrounded by beautiful girls ,,,,,,,,,kiska dimag kharab nahi hoga. give divorce and get back to sleeping with girls again dude

Problem is that in golf one needs a clear mind to concentrate on the game. With many worries etc the game gets bad.

Look at MJ, he was so rich and popular but his fortunes all came to nothing. Managing the wealth is also very important.

I am glad that he gave a chunk of his fortunes to his wife and kids.

Go to top