Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
I am glad she turned it down. She is too young to play mother to a 25 year old. 
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Obviously I would LOVE her to make a comeback in films, but I am certainly glad that she declined this offer. She can do much better and younger roles. She is capable of it. Rather than seeing her play mom to Sonam, I'd love to see her opposite Anil or Aamir or Shahrukh. :)

And if  the actors can still play romantic roles post age 30 and even post age 40 then girls shouldn't be ruled out. Madhuri isn't even that old. She's as young as ever! Its really sad how women are stereotyped in our industry.
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 13 years ago
Keeping aside the age issue, I'm glad that Mads turned down the offer because I just can't imagine her in that role. Even if they were planning to Desi-fy it, I still don't think it would have been a good choice of role.
True, it is hard to find romantic roles in Bollywood at that age, which is a shame. Romance isn't exclusively for the young! But this is how it goes in B-Town.  However, it would be nice to see Mads in a meaty role, which has substance.
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Good she refused it. Warna we would be expecting madhuri realizing that the production house just concentrated on the style and wardrobe and that too after months of the movie release๐Ÿ˜†
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Talking about being fair in Bollywood.... Its like a distant dream....

Shukar hai Madhuri ko SRK ka maa nahi banaya Ra1 mein... Given a chance they would have done that too....

Any ways... good she turned it down....

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I hate how the industry plays with women after their marriage. ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Im glad for madhuri
HeartEmWatson thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yayy!!! I'm so glad that Madhuri turned down the offer

Think of it, neither the movie is good enough to showcase Madhuri's caliber nor the other actress. Just the thought of Madhuri working opposite naive Sonam sounds lame enough.

Edited by SoEulMate_LoVeR - 13 years ago
avani09 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Best move by madhuri. It was stupid of anil to offer madhuri the role at first place.
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I'm glad ๐Ÿ˜ƒ although I'd have been happy either way, I think it's wise of her to not take up something that'll limit her choices in future.