India-Forums

How many of you guys...? (Page 7)

Yuvian_forever Senior Member
Yuvian_forever
Yuvian_forever

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Nice topic Sim....

Hmmm...i loved dance when i was small...but i've been learning dance from last 7-8 months ....
I am taking a proper training...

i have learnt bollywood , jazz , contemporary , locking , freestyle
and my fav style is hip hop freestyle Smile
i also wanna participate in DID
and i will go for auditions in DID 3 Big smile

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pulwasha

Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Ooparwala bole to bhagwan nein muje do left feet diye hein......Dancing aati hi nahin.....sirf navratri kein time dandiya kar sakta hoon and that too not the complicated one where you have to do it in a circle and stuff.......Smile

Awww!

I love Dandiya! I think although I love Bollywood dance I prefer Dandiya over it. I have to admit I'm not a big fan of garba though..although I'll get up and dance if 'sanedo' is sung.Tongue

@Simi: Dancing since you were 3? Wow! I started Bollywood dancing when I was about 11 and trained for about 5 years. I'm not trained in any other dance form but out of interest I've participated in dance workshops in Bharatanatyam and Hip Hop. Bharatanatyam is quite difficult..I loved going to classes but by teacher was so evil..she'd hit the kids!Shocked

wow Sanedo...............I was totally not familiar with Sanedo till about a year ago......heard it at a wedding and I just love it..........I love sitting down and listening to the story and then jumping up and dancing like crazy.........It's awesome.......Dance was so much meaningful in the the old days....how cool is that? I love Sanedooooooooooooooo.......Tongue

sanedo, kaka bapa naaa... babu vishnu dandiya.. all are fun...Tongue and im nt even gujju...LOL

never learnt any dance... but i can dance in shaadi'sLOLLOL.. the ganpati type oness..LOL

Tongue Am from mumbai, ganpati festival dance sabhi mumbaikaars kein blood mein hein......LOL vishnu dandiya.....woh kya hota hein bhai/behan?
ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:25am | IP Logged

Ooparwala bole to bhagwan nein muje do left feet diye hein......Dancing aati hi nahin.....sirf navratri kein time dandiya kar sakta hoon and that too not the complicated one where you have to do it in a circle and stuff.......Smile

Awww!

I love Dandiya! I think although I love Bollywood dance I prefer Dandiya over it. I have to admit I'm not a big fan of garba though..although I'll get up and dance if 'sanedo' is sung.Tongue

@Simi: Dancing since you were 3? Wow! I started Bollywood dancing when I was about 11 and trained for about 5 years. I'm not trained in any other dance form but out of interest I've participated in dance workshops in Bharatanatyam and Hip Hop. Bharatanatyam is quite difficult..I loved going to classes but by teacher was so evil..she'd hit the kids!Shocked

wow Sanedo...............I was totally not familiar with Sanedo till about a year ago......heard it at a wedding and I just love it..........I love sitting down and listening to the story and then jumping up and dancing like crazy.........It's awesome.......Dance was so much meaningful in the the old days....how cool is that? I love Sanedooooooooooooooo.......Tongue

YAY another sanedo fan!!Big smile

Recently a couple of people in my family have got married so I've been to a couple of sanji na geet functions lately and I love every minute of it! :)
I always look forward to Navratri and Dandia because it is soo much fun..I completely lose myself while playing Dandia and all of a sudden the blisters on my feet don't matter.Tongue

Yeah they have lot of navratri stuff here in New York in different school gyms etc.....but you know I still remember when I was about 8 years old and we had gone to India specifically for Navratri, and the building in Mumbai where we live is part of a society and every navratri they cover the open grounds with sand and put maata ji's murti in middle, build a mandap and every night during navratri starting at 8 PM many people from the society do garba to live music till 10 and dandia till 11 and then do aarti.......I still remember that as the best navratri thingy that I've been to....and it wasn't just our society that did this, many societies at that time did that....but now I think sadly with all the new rules about noise control and stuff it doesn't happen as often in mumbai anymore.......Tongue
Keenu.G IF-Rockerz
Keenu.G
Keenu.G

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:26am | IP Logged
Hey nice topic Smile
I learnt how to dance nearly 3 yrs ago 
I m mostly hip hop person, but can do lockin/poppin and Break dance Smile

Little bit of belly dance Wink 
And def knw Bhangra ofcourse! 

Edited by --Keenu.Gill--- - 11 January 2011 at 6:26am
yayaamb Groupbie
yayaamb
yayaamb

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 6:31am | IP Logged
i m big fan of DID
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:25am | IP Logged

Awww!

Recently a couple of people in my family have got married so I've been to a couple of sanji na geet functions lately and I love every minute of it! :)
I always look forward to Navratri and Dandia because it is soo much fun..I completely lose myself while playing Dandia and all of a sudden the blisters on my feet don't matter.Tongue

Yeah they have lot of navratri stuff here in New York in different school gyms etc.....but you know I still remember when I was about 8 years old and we had gone to India specifically for Navratri, and the building in Mumbai where we live is part of a society and every navratri they cover the open grounds with sand and put maata ji's murti in middle, build a mandap and every night during navratri starting at 8 PM many people from the society do garba to live music till 10 and dandia till 11 and then do aarti.......I still remember that as the best navratri thingy that I've been to....and it wasn't just our society that did this, many societies at that time did that....but now I think sadly with all the new rules about noise control and stuff it doesn't happen as often in mumbai anymore.......Tongue

It's basically the same over here-school gyms and local community halls. I used to really enjoy Dandiya till a couple of years back when all of a sudden a LOT more people started coming so now there is basically no space to breathe in a VERY large hall, let alone trying to move! lol
What part of Mumbai are you from Ankit? I love how so many of us on this forum come from MumbaiTongueI can imagine how much fun it would've been celebrating Navratri in Mumbai. Mum used to tell me stories about how they'd even go to the building's rooftop and play over there tooLOLI'd also love it if just once in my life I could celebrate Ganesha Chaturthi in Mumbai. Every time I go, I always leave like one week before it starts and so I always miss outOuch

Navratri is still a big thing in Mumbai but maybe not as big as it was 10-20 years ago. In fact this year Obama was visiting India near Diwali time so there were a lot of police roaming the street to ensure no-one was making too much noise and that people weren't playing with fireworks late at night/early morning so that kinda sucks.Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ankit_nyc

ankit_nyc IF-Rockerz
ankit_nyc
ankit_nyc

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged

Awww!

It's basically the same over here-school gyms and local community halls. I used to really enjoy Dandiya till a couple of years back when all of a sudden a LOT more people started coming so now there is basically no space to breathe in a VERY large hall, let alone trying to move! lol
What part of Mumbai are you from Ankit? I love how so many of us on this forum come from MumbaiTongueI can imagine how much fun it would've been celebrating Navratri in Mumbai. Mum used to tell me stories about how they'd even go to the building's rooftop and play over there tooLOLI'd also love it if just once in my life I could celebrate Ganesha Chaturthi in Mumbai. Every time I go, I always leave like one week before it starts and so I always miss outOuch

Navratri is still a big thing in Mumbai but maybe not as big as it was 10-20 years ago. In fact this year Obama was visiting India near Diwali time so there were a lot of police roaming the street to ensure no-one was making too much noise and that people weren't playing with fireworks late at night/early morning so that kinda sucks.Ouch

Tongue ahhhhh mumbai.........We are from kandivali.........Tongue yeah the festivals are definitely better celebrated in India, mumbai........Ganesh Chaturthi, arey there is the "laal baag ganpati" where there is like a giant line.......My cousins tell me people wait for hours and hours just for darshan..........I know what you mean, the only holidays I get to celebrate in India is Makarsakranti sometimes because it usually falls in January closer to new year's vacation.........Tongue My cousin had come to our place a while back and he couldn't believe that the terrace in our building was locked.....Big smile The best I could do for him was take him to central park where some chinese guy was selling dragon kites......Tongue

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index