How many of you guys...? (Page 6)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crystalline23

Originally posted by Simi_PagalLadki

oh dear! I entered the wrong topic...anyways, i have not learned dancing at all..Ouch
I used to listen to my music on the ipod and when a dance number came, I used go to my room and dance in front of the mirror and then made a decision that I wont dance ever again but I still dance except not in the front of the mirrorLOL
Simi, yaar you surprised me with your singing and now dancingShocked...now all of a sudden I feel good for nothingOuch

Aww don't feel bad! Hug

Aww....Hug
I am sure bhagwan ne mujhe kuch na kuch talent toh diya hain....only thing is I havent discovered it yetEmbarrassed

Haha this reminds me a lot of myself. Upar wale ne mujhe bhi kuch talent diya hoga but I have no clue what it is or maybe I have no talent and it's just something I say to make myself happy.LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

|Persephone|WreckLass

|Persephone| IF-Sizzlerz
|Persephone|
|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director, BollyCurry Executive Director

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by luvya4ever

wow... simi you sure seem like DID material and have learnt so much! that's really cool...
From age 8 to 11, I learnt bharatnatyam and Bollywood.... however, now I don't remember anything.... now all I can do is bad white pple dances like the sprinkler and lawnmower and stupid moves like "the soulja-boy"... lol! and since I am punjabi, I'm halfway decent at bhangra!
btw, not to sound stupid.... but what is "Sanedo"? (I'm guessing it's gujrati?!)

It's a folk song from Gujarat that is often played during Navratri while playing Garba and Dandiya. 

Here's a vid of someone singing it and people dancing to it. Very catchy and it's easy to sing along to as well.

oh cool... thanx!! its pretty much dandiya then... i suck at dandiya! i tried at a friend's party... and i sucked... those sticks were bad in my hands!!!
|Persephone| IF-Sizzlerz
|Persephone|
|Persephone|

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:48pm | IP Logged

oh dear! I entered the wrong topic...anyways, i have not learned dancing at all..Ouch
I used to listen to my music on the ipod and when a dance number came, I used go to my room and dance in front of the mirror and then made a decision that I wont dance ever again but I still dance except not in the front of the mirrorLOL
Simi, yaar you surprised me with your singing and now dancingShocked...now all of a sudden I feel good for nothingOuch

lmao... i'm sure you have something... art maybe? academics for sure LOL i think all our parents genetically engineer us to LOLWink
i suck at singing... apparently, it sounds like someone dying (acc. to my friends)! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

WreckLass

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

wow... simi you sure seem like DID material and have learnt so much! that's really cool...
From age 8 to 11, I learnt bharatnatyam and Bollywood.... however, now I don't remember anything.... now all I can do is bad white pple dances like the sprinkler and lawnmower and stupid moves like "the soulja-boy"... lol! and since I am punjabi, I'm halfway decent at bhangra!
btw, not to sound stupid.... but what is "Sanedo"? (I'm guessing it's gujrati?!)

It's a folk song from Gujarat that is often played during Navratri while playing Garba and Dandiya. 

Here's a vid of someone singing it and people dancing to it. Very catchy and it's easy to sing along to as well.

oh cool... thanx!! its pretty much dandiya then... i suck at dandiya! i tried at a friend's party... and i sucked... those sticks were bad in my hands!!!

Aww it takes a bit of practice but once you're used to it then it's a lot of fun :)
Basic dandiya is a lot simpler then the dance they're doing in the vid.

I hate it when people bring those really skinny dandiya sticks because every time you hit them you feel like their sticks are about to snap in half lol. Same goes for the dandiya sticks with lights on them-I'd always be afraid I'll whack their stick and the lights on the stick would stop workingOuchLOL
-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
This Navratri when I went to go play dandiya, my sticks broke =(
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged

ROFLWhat did you do for the rest of the night? Luckily the place I go to has a section where you can buy dandiya sticks that are quite cheap.

Were they one of the really skinny dandiyas like these ones?

Edited by hindu4lyf - 10 January 2011 at 8:54pm
-Aaliyah- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aaliyah-
-Aaliyah-

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

ROFLWhat did you do for the rest of the night? Luckily the place I go to has a section where you can buy dandiya sticks that are quite cheap.

Were they one of the really skinny dandiyas like these ones?

No they were thick I borrowed some from a friend.
Thank goodness it was almost over and I got to do Garba :D
|Persephone| IF-Sizzlerz
|Persephone|
|Persephone|

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
lmao... well unfortunately i don't have too many indian friends... and the few i do are south indian and punjabi (like me)... so if we ever do indian dance, it is usually bhangra! so not too much dandiya around here (or atleast i don't know about it)... therefore no practice for me Cry
oh well, maybe i can go to grad school somewhere where there are many indian people... Stern Smile

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index